Nvidia update: Ansel supported GPUs with 600-series and up!

i_build_nanosuits

Good news!

Nvidia will update ansel to support GPU's from the GTX 650 and up...so it will work with Kepler, maxwell and Pascal graphics cards!

i'm very happy about that, it will be great to take some super quality screenshots and share them on social media without having to buy a brand new GPU!

Nvidia has updated their list of Ansel supported GPUs to go back to the GTX 600-series video cards. The new technology will be usable on the GTX 650 and up.

Video game photography is becoming increasingly popular, which is why Nvidia came up with Ansel, a powerful game capture tool.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/nvidia_updates_ansel_supported_gpus_with_600-series_cards/1

10141627392l.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Awwww, not supported on mobile GPUs.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

1 minute ago, exercutor5 said:

Awwww, not supported on mobile GPUs.

no confirmations on that so far...but i would think it should and it might very well be supported for higher end mobile GPU's...who knows...it's a step in the right direction for sure!

Just knowing that it's not just supported by the new pascal cards is kinda nice if you ask me! :)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

What about the 660TI? :P

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

1 minute ago, GamerMan said:

it will support it...it's said to be for GTX 650 or better/newer. :) it's good!

2 minutes ago, raphidy said:

#InstagramWorks, Nvidia always have fancy software stuff. This feels a bit useless but cool for video creator, can help to make nice thumbnails. I guess devs needs to implement it.

it just a few lines of codes that have to be added to the game in order to get full support for the software.

Also, it can do a full ''3d'' screenshot that you can share with your friends and if they have a VR headset they can ''jump'' into any game for an instant and have a full 3d view of the space where the screenshot was taken, which is somewhat amazing IMHO. :)

I think most games will support it, certainly most VR applications will want to support it!

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

it just a few lines of codes that have to be added to the game in order to get full support for the software.

Also, it can do a full ''3d'' screenshot that you can share with your friends and if they have a VR headset they can ''jump'' into any game for an instant and have a full 3d view of the space where the screenshot was taken, which is somewhat amazing IMHO. :)

and give people less reasons to buy AMD, there are soo many people that wont even consider an AMD GPU cos of lack of shadowplay.

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

and give people less reasons to buy AMD, there are soo many people that wont even consider an AMD GPU cos of lack of shadowplay.

well...you gotta do what you gotta do you know :)

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

well...you gotta do what you gotta do you know :)

as cool as ansel is, nvidia dominating the market might be okay for a little while? then we have to pay for it with slower gpus and no competition. Please tell me what physical part of the nvidia graphics card is REQUIRED so that ansel wont work for an AMD GPU? atleast shadowplay uses a frame buffer.

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

as cool as ansel is, nvidia dominating the market might be okay for a little while? then we have to pay for it with slower gpus and no competition. Please tell me what physical part of the nvidia graphics card is REQUIRED so that ansel wont work for an AMD GPU? atleast shadowplay uses a frame buffer.

it's proprietary software...you know...nvidia spend time, money and resources to develop it...we can't really blame them to still see some form of competition coming from team red ATM.

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

I think most games will support it, certainly most VR applications will want to support it!

I think "just a few lines of code" is a heavy understatement... especially the 3D 360 degree screenshot thingy. Many games even nowadays do things like hiding un-use data just outside of player view, like for example having a tank render just outside the bounder of the map behind a building you are never suppose to pass over, or like the Lego's series render multiple maps in the same screen to shave off loading times. Ansel from the way they market it seem to give your "camera" free movement from your character (at least the point they took the 360 image from Firewatch is up in the air) which will probably show you tons of the not-suppose-to-be-seen stuff. Just like with PhysX and Hairwork etc, it will be something they have to spend alot of dev time on.

But with that said, I still think alot of dev will do it, since it will be come a strong marketing tools to show your potential buyer a VR view of your game, since we dont have demo anymore this might just be the next best way to experience how the game would feel to you.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

7 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

it's proprietary software...you know...nvidia spend time, money and resources to develop it...we can't really blame them to still see some form of competition coming from team red ATM.

i know you cant blame them its business, but if they wanted to make money they could sell it to non nvidia users? but clearly stopping a sale of an AMD gpu is more important to them than having fair practices in the eyes of the consumer.

*looks at 560 Ti*

*cries*

Srsly, Fermis don't have any of the cool / useful Geforce Experience features. :(

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Finally a feature to justify the stupidly high prices i have to pay for nvidia cards in my area. 

I wouldn't mind sitting through broken drivers if they can get this working for skyrim and fallout. If not... Well... Nah.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Finally a feature to justify the stupidly high prices i have to pay for nvidia cards in my area. 

I wouldn't mind sitting through broken drivers if they can get this working for skyrim and fallout. If not... Well... Nah.

i have been using nvidia's latest driver set all year long both with the GTX 780 and GTX 980ti and i have absolutely no problem to report or anything that would point to a ''broken'' driver...that said i use a single graphics card and a single 1440p Gsync monitor...

33 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

but clearly stopping a sale of an AMD gpu is more important to them than having fair practices in the eyes of the consumer.

How is not supporting their own home made software on competition GPu not fair practice ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i have been using nvidia's latest driver set all year long both with the GTX 780 and GTX 980ti and i have absolutely no problem to report or anything that would point to a ''broken'' driver...that said i use a single graphics card and a single 1440p Gsync monitor...

Win 10 + nvidia drivers = 4gb vram cap in dx 9 games. Part drivers and part win 10(Also one of the reason i don't go win 10 and nvidia yet). 

I also don't really want to deal with the idle clock speed issues since I run more than one display. 

I expect solid as balls driver supprt if the price of a 970 is nearly the same as a 390x. Not drivers that can kill the card xD. Sadly thats not the case since amd and nvidia have the same level of driver support. 

Nvidia please do the correct thing and get it working for skyrim and fallout. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

7 hours ago, GamerMan said:

It is since they said 650 and up. Fuck this card is never gonna die, I swear... I can still play most games at 1080p high/ultra without AA :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

It better be. It would be a marketing bs to have this feature only on GTX 10xx series.

p.s. I still think most of their "new" features should be available on older GPUs as well, such as the way they handle VR and multimonitor setups. It probably will be.

9 hours ago, Pohernori said:

-Win 10 + nvidia drivers = 4gb vram cap in dx 9 games. Part drivers and part win 10(Also one of the reason i don't go win 10 and nvidia yet). 

-Nvidia please do the correct thing and get it working for skyrim and fallout. 

- i'm on windows 8.1

- i think it will be up to the game developper to implement ansel support or not, but i'm not sure.