Cool Video Idea! GAMING on a Dvorak keyboard!

Big Duck 27

I think that the cool guys at LTT should make a video about gaming on a Dvorak keyboard with the standard WASD setting.

Now i think that would be a cool video, right?

*And ofcourse play Skyrim, cause Dvorakiin

just why

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

just why

1. it has never been done before

". it would be fun seing them struggle so friggin hard

man, this would be awesome. nice thinking.

CPU:  i7 5820k  @4.0Ghz Cooler: Thermaltake Nic C5 Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Ram: 8 gb @2133Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @1560  Case: Proprietary Sun Ultra 24  Storage: HyperX 120gb & 1 TB WD Green PSU: Cooler Master 550w 

Chanel Super Fun ep of this would be awesome xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

they could just remap the keys to the normal WASD layout though.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

4 minutes ago, Big Duck 27 said:

1. it has never been done before

". it would be fun seing them struggle so friggin hard

Maybe they can make it a series and after that play on a guitar hero guitar, the Donkey Kong Bongo's for the GameCube and more weird peripherals 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, dukethedj said:

just imagine them trying to reach the buttons LOL :)

5 minutes ago, costacis21 said:

man, this would be awesome. nice thinking.

Thanks Man :)

6 minutes ago, Big Duck 27 said:

I think that the cool guys at LTT should make a video about gaming on a Dvorak keyboard with the standard WASD setting.

Now i think that would be a cool video, right?

*And ofcourse play Skyrim, cause Dvorakiin

No! I think that's dumb!

It might be fun to see a footboard involved too though.

Sig under construction.

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Maybe they can make it a series and after that play on a guitar hero guitar, the Donkey Kong Bongo's for the GameCube and more weird peripherals 

Now that's the spirit! :)

This would be better for a CSF than a LTT

Hello

Just now, TAHIRMIA said:

This would be better for a CSF than a LTT

A what?

4 minutes ago, Big Duck 27 said:

A what?

CSF = Channel Super Fun, their non tech focused channel.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

CSF = Channel Super Fun, their non tech focused channel.

OH yeah, that was emntioned earlier on

I don't understand why. It's so pointless when you can just rebind everything. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

not to poo-poo the idea, but what is the end result?

what gain in gaming performance or game play can be achieved switching from qwerty to dvorak?

devoting 5-50hrs of planning, shooting, editing, and production to show in 10mins gaming on a different keyboard layout.

gotta have point to prove, disprove, theory support, optional gains, etc.. spending company time/money/manpower isn't a cheap venture.

maybe why it hasn't be done yet? 

6 minutes ago, airdeano said:

what gain in gaming performance or game play can be achieved switching from qwerty to dvorak?

devoting 5-50hrs of planning, shooting, editing, and production to show in 10mins gaming on a different keyboard layout.

gotta have point to prove, disprove, theory support, optional gains, etc.. spending company time/money/manpower isn't a cheap venture.

nah its more of a CSF idea not LTT if you think about it, watch them struggle to game on it xD dont let them bind keys so its easy to use make them map keys to make it the same as pressing WASD, so like they cant put <AOE for walking forward backwards and side to side,

9 minutes ago, airdeano said:

I think OP means it more like a challenge video. Like those challenge videos where people have to play a game with inverted controls (on a controller, meaning tilting the control stick to the left, will make the character look to the right, etc.)

What about a SuperFun where two LMG members must compete against each other in a game, with the side effect being that their controls have been rebound by someone working for the enemy?

Like this:

Team one, let's say, Jon and Taran. Team two could be the Nick and Berkel.

Jon and Berkel would be gamers and Nick and Taran would be remappers.

Nick would have to remap Jon's keys and Taran would have to remap Berkel's keys without Jon or Berkel knowing.

Then Jon and Berkel would have to return to their keyboards and start racing: first to figure out what key does what and then racing to complete, say, one stage of a game. The first person to complete the goal with their keys remapped by someone else without their knowledge wins!

What do you think?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

3 hours ago, airdeano said:

3 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

I don't understand why. It's so pointless when you can just rebind everything. 

3 hours ago, dukethedj said:

I didn't realise that "fun" was not a word in most techies' day to day vocabularies, but clearly that is the case. The OP clearly indicates this would be just for a laugh.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

no

2 hours ago, Celmor said:

They should do this:

Eh those are pretty dumb TBH