(mini news) Most beutiful console game yet

Prysin

I wonder if this level of finesse could have been done if it was multi platform. 

Great video, they really do prais it, and rightfully so. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

beautiful indeed, too bad i'm not into TPAAGwSE :/

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It looks above average, nothing more than that. Also did you watch the video? 1080P 30FPS? 

No reflection on ND BTW, those guys should ditch the consoles and make some PC games where they can achieve more than that graphical fidelity at 60+ FPS because they do make solid games, they just chose the wrong platform.

I guarantee you that by March next year there will be a PS4K version out that bumps it up to 1080P 60.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I got the PS4 Uncharted Collection bundle, and I played Uncharted 2 and 3, they were okay. I wouldn't buy a game just because of the graphics, that's cool they were able to get some pretty graphics out of the PS4 hardware.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

46 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

It looks above average, nothing more than that. Also did you watch the video? 1080P 30FPS? 

No reflection on ND BTW, those guys should ditch the consoles and make some PC games where they can achieve more than that graphical fidelity at 60+ FPS because they do make solid games, they just chose the wrong platform.

I guarantee you that by March next year there will be a PS4K version out that bumps it up to 1080P 60.

the multiplayer is 60 FPS.

Also, If that is average, what is a good console game then?

16 minutes ago, Prysin said:

the multiplayer is 60 FPS.

Also, If that is average, what is a good console game then?

I said above average, I didn't say for a console game and that was kind of the point. The consoles are simply underpowered and even the best studio in the world still couldn't get a console game to look anywhere close to a PC game.

Also to answer your question, The Order, sure it was an aweful game but its graphics were miles better.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Impressive for a potato. Imagine what it would look like, if it had been developed for something more powerful than said potato.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Considering you can get some games looking almost as good regardless of the ancient engine used *looks at Bethesda* on very similar hardware on a PC, I'm not surprised. I can guarantee however that without the low-level hardware access PS4 developers get, it would have taken even longer to get Uncharted 4 to look that good on the PS4 (which is still Pisspoor when compared to equally priced and cheaper PC). 

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Wow! That was stunningly beautiful for a PS game! Amazing! I don't own a PS, but that game almost makes me want to go buy one just to be able to play that game. 

For people who will never get a PS4, because who would when they have a computer? If you want to see the game, Jesse Cox is doing a let's play:

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Been watching live streams of UC4 and its incredible. The amount of detail and fidelity they can pull out of a $350 machine is insane. It's why I continue to recommend a PS4 over an equivalently priced PC.

13 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Infamous, uncharted, ratchet and clank, gran turismo, ssx, and probably a bunch of others in forgetting.

Sadly Bloodborne as well. God damn it Sony!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

2 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Sadly Bloodborne as well. God damn it Sony!

@djdwosk97, @Dabombinable, @Notional, @Trik'Stari, @ivan134, @Bouzoo, @don_svetlio
ZcxIrf4.jpg

Guess who is going to have fun this week/weekend.

If anyone want to watch, ill see if i can find a cheap/used capture card so i can stream without shafting my framerate (PS4 streaming isnt always that great)

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

@djdwosk97, @Dabombinable, @Notional, @Trik'Stari, @ivan134, @Bouzoo, @don_svetlio
ZcxIrf4.jpg

Guess who is going to have fun this week/weekend.

If anyone want to watch, ill see if i can find a cheap/used capture card so i can stream without shafting my framerate (PS4 streaming isnt always that great)

I'm still waiting for NEO (or better to say my gf is) to start my hunt. Until then I can only watch others play :D

So a friend of mine was walking in a mall, minding his own business when suddenly he won this

EAwWga4.jpg

I don't know what to say

Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

they ruined the game like usually with enemy outline, arrows above head and terrible console peasant controls, aiming sucks in every way possible, graphics is ok needs better AA and terrain detail also its only 30 fps not that impressive, but the gameplay man thats what matters most and it looks boring, and the retard AI you run trough a dozen enemy shooting at you, get hit and no problem you dont die fuck that man game for retards just like hollywood movies, i hate this trend so much, i play games for the gameplay experience not the hollywoodian like story

I thought games weren't about graphics...

Jokes aside, on a limited platform what you get in graphics is paid in gameplay complexity, as widely demonstrated by the last of us and the order 1886.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

34 minutes ago, deviant88 said:

they ruined the game like usually with enemy outline, arrows above head and terrible console peasant controls, aiming sucks in every way possible, graphics is ok needs better AA and terrain detail also its only 30 fps not that impressive, but the gameplay man thats what matters most and it looks boring, and the retard AI you run trough a dozen enemy shooting at you, get hit and no problem you dont die fuck that man game for retards just like hollywood movies, i hate this trend so much, i play games for the gameplay experience not the hollywoodian like story

By that logic every MGS or Splinter Cell game is bad. It's your opinion, and that's fine, but some things are just untrue. Aiming is dumb? It has aiming like almost every game ever.  If you mean that blind aiming while running, it's actually more natural than what we see in most games. 

And please, no need for the peasant thing, I think all of us are more mature than that. 

Phone white formatting. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, IMPERIUS said:

Proves that the hardware is not the problem but optimisation of the games

Too a point.

I think it proves what optimization can do with bare-bones hardware.

- snip-

11 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Considering you can get some games looking almost as good regardless of the ancient engine used *looks at Bethesda* on very similar hardware on a PC, I'm not surprised. I can guarantee however that without the low-level hardware access PS4 developers get, it would have taken even longer to get Uncharted 4 to look that good on the PS4 (which is still Pisspoor when compared to equally priced and cheaper PC). 

That may be somewhat true for screenshots and nice artsy no hud videos, but if we're talking about Skyrim, for example, the lack of physics simulation and animation quality, amongst many other things, doesn't come close to the overall fidelity and polish ND manage to achieve.

BTW this is coming from someone who is exclusively a PC gamer. I've said it elsewhere but IMO, as long as the hardware is good enough it's really down to the game developers. PC vs consoles shouldn't really make a big difference to the quality of a game unless you're talking about pure image quality or if it's just a completely unfair comparison.

"What the... You're not made of Tuesday!"  ―Roberto

4 minutes ago, Gonk said:

That may be somewhat true for screenshots and nice artsy no hud videos, but if we're talking about Skyrim, for example, the lack of physics simulation and animation quality, amongst many other things, doesn't come close to the overall fidelity and polish ND manage to achieve.

BTW this is coming from someone who is exclusively a PC gamer. I've said it elsewhere but IMO, as long as the hardware is good enough it's really down to the game developers. PC vs consoles shouldn't really make a big difference to the quality of a game unless you're talking about pure image quality or if it's just a completely unfair comparison.

Note how I said "looking almost as good regardless of the ancient engine". And its not an unfair comparison when a $400 PC can perform the same as a "next gen" console, if not a bit better. Your forgetting that this generation uses the same hardware that you find inside a PC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Now as reminder this is running on a GPU that's as a fast as a HD7850 and an FX8350 underclocked at 1,6Ghz.
This is what you get when developers are allowed to take their time and polish a game.
Just compare this to Quantum Break that can barely hold a stable frame rate on a Titan X while not coming even close the Uncharted 4's visuals.

RTX2070OC 

4 hours ago, deviant88 said:

go back to tetris then. Seems like that is the only game that can truly satisfy you

3 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Note how I said "looking almost as good regardless of the ancient engine". And its not an unfair comparison when a $400 PC can perform the same as a "next gen" console, if not a bit better. Your forgetting that this generation uses the same hardware that you find inside a PC.

actually, Digital foundry has done many tests on "console" settings. and due to some technical wizadry, more often then not, a PS4 (lets ignore the shit-box. Because its inferior in every way) will get around medium to high settings in most PC games.

Now if you try to get stable 1080p High settings on a PC, you usually struggle to maintain stable FPS. But the consoles have MUCH more advanced (and resource efficient) AA and AO. So that is how they "catch up".

Consoles usually cannot match PC at draw distance and shadow quality. Both which can be very important. But in most cases, not so important the game isnt playable.

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

actually, Digital foundry has done many tests on "console" settings. and due to some technical wizadry, more often then not, a PS4 (lets ignore the shit-box. Because its inferior in every way) will get around medium to high settings in most PC games.

Now if you try to get stable 1080p High settings on a PC, you usually struggle to maintain stable FPS. But the consoles have MUCH more advanced (and resource efficient) AA and AO. So that is how they "catch up".

Consoles usually cannot match PC at draw distance and shadow quality. Both which can be very important. But in most cases, not so important the game isnt playable.

I also want to mention - in TR 2016, the PS4 beat their i3+750 Ti system.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6