does anyone whant cod anymore?

So COD infinite warfare got 1 milion dislikes on youtube:

witch is also mentioned on segment next:

http://segmentnext.com/2016/05/07/battlefield-1-vs-infinite-warfare-people-trending-ripcod-right-now/

Is COD going to be the worst shooter of the year? Is the on rails single player gonna suck yet again? Will anyone even press "F" to remember CoD?

Even cod developers liked the battlefield 1 trailer says Gamepot:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-dev-praises-battlefi/1100-6439599/

Does this post contain a lot of questions?

Whose side are you on?! *dramatic trailer outro music*

Cod 4 remastered for me and then I'm done with cod I think.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

To be honest the trailer seemed decent to me I don't get why it has all the hate it is not like this is something new from Activison. Even before the BF1 reveal trailer it was betting massive dislikes which is strange to me due to the like ratio of Ghost which had a much more boring trailer imo. 

It kind of looks like a weird spin-off of Halo.

Maybe people are just tired of the franchise in general, ive always wanted to try it but im turned off by the community and how they speak to each other. 

I don't get why people are comparing the two games. Their mechanics and gameplay are completely different. I have fun owning both BO3 and BF4 and enjoy them just as equally.

Shame on all these people.

Spoiler

People say COD is dying.

What they don't realise is that Blops 3 is the most popular COD to date.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If the port is good (no werid mouse behavior & performance issues) ill consider it. 

But the weapon sounds are really bad :(

2 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

Well I'm just quoting Eric Hirshberg...

Either way, the player counts on consoles are staggering at over 500K on the PS4 alone.

So it's hardly dying.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

12 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

To be honest the trailer seemed decent to me I don't get why it has all the hate it is not like this is something new from Activison. Even before the BF1 reveal trailer it was betting massive dislikes which is strange to me due to the like ratio of Ghost which had a much more boring trailer imo. 

I personally diskliked it due to being hyped for Cod 4 Remaster then finding out they wont sell it for any less then 80 at launch...

3 hours ago, AstroBenny said:

Either way, the player counts on consoles are staggering at over 500K on the PS4 alone.

So it's hardly dying.

The userbase is still there, but its not liking the direction cod is going

7 hours ago, MilkJugg24 said:

I don't get why people are comparing the two games. Their mechanics and gameplay are completely different. I have fun owning both BO3 and BF4 and enjoy them just as equally.

Probably because people got mad at cod for going into the future and then Battlefield is releasing a game in WW1 era. But yeah, they're very different games. People just want a game in the past, and they don't care what game gives it to them

On 5/9/2016 at 6:14 AM, AstroBenny said:

So it's hardly dying.

Well it is a new game, I mean every new cod  game is going to have tons of more players than the previous cods -_- 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

7 hours ago, MilkJugg24 said:

It's like trying to compare metal gear solid series to the syphon filter series

ahem thx ign :)

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Call of Duty was great until all the children started to play on their consoles and Activision neglected the grown ups using PCs.

On 5/9/2016 at 8:02 PM, SCR_latchup said:

Whose side are you on?! *dramatic trailer outro music*

I think the last Call of Duty game I was personally interested in playing was Call of Duty 2 from 2005.

That being said, while its interesting I don't think it actually matters how many dislikes the trailer got. To believe that requires that you first believe a significant number of people will "vote with their wallet" and sales of Infinite Warfare will tank as a result. In a just universe, that might be what would happen.

But this is the video game industry. For all the anger on the internet, millions upon millions of people are still going to buy it. Probably even many of the people mass-disliking the game. Probably even many of the people upset over the way the CoD 4 remaster was handled. Not many gamers seem to have the discipline to follow through with their threats, and as a result publishers know better than to be worried when their trailers get disliked. They already know they won't have to learn a lesson or change their behavior. They probably already have enough pre-orders alone to consider the game a moderate success.

They both don't release until the fall. There's always a calming of the pitchforks in the months between, and people soon forget past mistakes. Infinite Warfare and Battlefield 1 will both sell like hotcakes, probably breaking some sort of sales record in the process. I'm only interested in the new CoD because of the Modern Warfare remaster, but I also don't want to pay $80 for it. I'm guessing they will release it stand-alone eventually, but probably still be $60. Battlefield 1's setting is much more interesting to me, but I never really liked the Battlefield physics. Even on PC with MxK, it still feels kind of sluggish and odd to me. All I want is Squadron 42 :P

I'm interested.

I haven't bought the last several releases as I was burnt out on the series but I'm about ready to get into a new CoD.

It being an Infinity Ward release is a plus to me as I prefer the IW releases, the Treyarch games just feel slightly off to me.

Something about Treyarch's visual design, map layout and the feel of their weapons just doesn't click with me like the IW games do.

I think that the problem is with the trailers, nobody knows how good/bad these games actually are, so we can only guess how people will react to the game.

Battlefield 1: I think that the trailer gives the idea of something you already know (even with the music), but better/updated. It looks good and revisiting WWI has been done before. I can see how a fan of the franchise will be interested

COD IW: Warfare in space is something completely new for the COD franchise, and nobody knows how they are going to handle it. Also, the game doesn't look extremely well, so why people is going to like it?. Fans of the franchise cannot relate to previous games (the ones they like) and new/casual players probably don't fin the trailer interesting.

So to answer the question: There is no way to know if the game will suck, but for sure the trailer doesn't help. On the other hand, I find very difficult to see COD going away soon. They will just release another one...

• 4 months later...

lol

I bind my F to mouse buttons.

CLICK.

I don't mind the aesthetics,... or the 'skins/theme' they are using, and space no gravity is also looking fun (and also annoying too), Ill crank up the 80's retro tunes for the "Blood Dragon" feel and kick it off in SP first...play a few hours, then get into MP, finishing off SP a few days later...

One thing I didn't like... the zooming/aiming FOV, looks so zoomed and tight... (Console footage I was looking at) and while watching the trailer, 4-6x Zoomed it really was putting me off.

But fast paced gameplay, I'm all for that!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz