NVIDIA Will Unveil Pascal GeForce GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 Graphics Cards at a Special Livestream Event May 6 – Cooler Shrouds Confirmed

Aytex

@Aytex Can you please update the post with information about the 1070 and 1080 now that they are released, they are no posts so far (that aren't locked) that do.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

is 1080ti more likely to be next year than this year?

AMD better respond strongly with Polaris or risk being locked out of this generation, but only time will tell.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

I was going to by AMD this time around, because I'm still mad about the GTX 970 Vram issue (I know the facts, I don't care, I still believe they intentionally lied, that's not what this thread is about) and had decided I wasn't going to give Nvidia any more of my money.

Goddamnit......AMD You had best bring something to the fucking table this time around. No bullshit rebrands or slight performance improvements. Either you beat that Fury X performance with a R9 490X, or I'm gonna have to give these bastards my money again.

Either way, will still need to wait a few months before I can afford one.   :(

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

15 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I was going to by AMD this time around, because I'm still mad about the GTX 970 Vram issue (I know the facts, I don't care, I still believe they intentionally lied, that's not what this thread is about) and had decided I wasn't going to give Nvidia any more of my money.

Goddamnit......AMD You had best bring something to the fucking table this time around. No bullshit rebrands or slight performance improvements. Either you beat that Fury X performance with a R9 490X, or I'm gonna have to give these bastards my money again.

It's coming after a month anyway on June 10 and probably even more for the aftermarket cooled 1070 to come out, so you will probably afford it by then.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, xewp said:

Yes. 

1 hour ago, xewp said:

Next year seems more likely. If they go with the same launch strategy they did for Maxwell, the end of this year would be reserved for a new Titan card. Titan sales push would require a few months of being the top card so Spring of 2017 is the likely timing for the 1080TI.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

56 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Yea, seriously.

I was all for AMD, and was willing to take a minor performance hit to support them.

But if the 1080 and Pascal is really that good, then i don't think it's going to be possible.

2 hours ago, Linusinium said:

Next year seems more likely. If they go with the same launch strategy they did for Maxwell, the end of this year would be reserved for a new Titan card. Titan sales push would require a few months of being the top card so Spring of 2017 is the likely timing for the 1080TI.

The next Titan will probably arrive next year, not this year. 

3 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

It's coming after a month anyway on June 10 and probably even more for the aftermarket cooled 1070 to come out, so you will probably afford it by then.

Even so, AMD needs to actually bring something big to the table. Not their usual "1 new card, and the rest are all rebrands" crap.

14 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

The next Titan will probably arrive next year, not this year. 

6 months gap between the 980 and Titan, a 6 month gap would put it at the holiday season which they most certainly want to take advantage of.

Pascal Titan at the end of this year, want to bet?

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Even so, AMD needs to actually bring something big to the table. Not their usual "1 new card, and the rest are all rebrands" crap.

We both know that won't happen.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Just now, Citadelen said:

We both know that won't happen.

I mean......yeah. I know it won't.

But I can hope. So I don't have to give those lying bastards at Nvidia more of my money, and also so I don't have to continue with the shitfest that is Nvidia multiple display. The performance might be great, but trying to switch between 3 x 1080 and 5760x1080 is just terrible on Nvidia. For some reason it cannot EVER remember where my monitors are, and I have to manually reconfigure them.

5 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

@Aytex Can you please update the post with information about the 1070 and 1080 now that they are released, they are no posts so far (that aren't locked) that do.

Sure

1 hour ago, Linusinium said:

6 months gap between the 980 and Titan, a 6 month gap would put it at the holiday season which they most certainly want to take advantage of.

Pascal Titan at the end of this year, want to bet?

The GP100 Tesla OEM launch has been confirmed for next year. I suppose it's possible a GP100-based Titan could launch first, but I wouldn't bet on it.

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I really doubt there will be any rebrands in the 400 series.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I really doubt there will be any rebrands in the 400 series.

I'd ask you if you'd be willing to bet money on that, but I don't have any money to bet that most of the 400 series will be rebrands.

Feel free to call my ass out if I am wrong though. Which, I hope I am.

10 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'd ask you if you'd be willing to bet money on that, but I don't have any money to bet that most of the 400 series will be rebrands.

I'd count on no desktop rebrands. When AMD went to 28nm with the 7000 series they had no desktop rebrands. Just a repeat with the die shrink:

Polaris 11=Cape Verde (entry level)

Polaris 10=Pitcairn (mid range)

Vega=Tahiti (high end)

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Well here is the thing. We know that Polaris 10 and 11 will be "mainstream cards". That should cover all the mid range stuff (so like the 470X and up, possibly even lower). We probably won't get any high end cards so that won't be rebanding. AMD might just kill of their entire high end lineup for now, if their new mid range cards are powerful enough to compete with their current high end cards.

And on the low end... Meh, I don't really care.

I doubt anything above the 470X will be a rebrand once we also have Vega (which will be end of this year, early next year).

Polaris 10 should be able to be 2-3 cards with binning.

Polaris 11 should be able to be 2-3 cards with binning.

Vega should be able to be 2-3 cards with binning.

10 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well here is the thing. We know that Polaris 10 and 11 will be "mainstream cards". That should cover all the mid range stuff (so like the 470X and up, possibly even lower). We probably won't get any high end cards so that won't be rebanding. AMD might just kill of their entire high end lineup for now, if their new mid range cards are powerful enough to compete with their current high end cards.

And on the low end... Meh, I don't really care.

I doubt anything above the 470X will be a rebrand once we also have Vega (which will be end of this year, early next year).

Polaris 10 should be able to be 2-3 cards with binning.

Polaris 11 should be able to be 2-3 cards with binning.

Vega should be able to be 2-3 cards with binning.

So basically, for someone like me, who is purely looking at performance and could not give less fucks about power consumption or cooling, I will be going Nvidia.

Damnit.

1 hour ago, Sakkura said:

The GP100 Tesla OEM launch has been confirmed for next year. I suppose it's possible a GP100-based Titan could launch first, but I wouldn't bet on it.

They have a firm lead, they don't have to be aggresive at all, they might as well sit back and wait so you could be right.

However, the big Pascal is such a beast (on paper) and differentiates itself so much more than any other previous chip did in comparison to it's x80 counter part, I expect them to go after the enthusiast market with a Titan and squeeze it in just before the year's end.

This is not a small to big Pascal comparison but having a fresh product to launch for the holiday season makes the shareholders even happier than they are now.

Not only is GP100 powerful enough to draw in the 980TI owners who might pass on the smaller Pascal, even small Pascal owners will envy the new chip.

I'm looking at this spec sheet, it's just a beast. Even if processing power were not to scale with the transistor count, it's an improved architecture,  the clocks moved up quite a bit, L2 cache got a boost and HBM2 as cherry on top. While the nomenclature has ironically the number attached to it that we associate with an old resolution, 1080TI/Pascal Titan might be the single card to handle 4k properly.

gfvfgfgnksi7.jpg

9 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

While the cards are certainly impressive, this does validate awhile back what Roy Taylor said AMD and nVidia are competing in two entirely different markets. These are both very expensive cards, targeting the high end.

What I didn't expect is Nvidia going for the throat on VR; that performance leap is astronomical. It's far more elegant than AMD's solution of using multiple GPU's for VR. This could seriously hurt AMD's gameplan to try and gain market dominance through VR.

This is a very interesting start, I'm highly interested to see where it goes once the 1080 ti and Vega hit the scene.

Like I said before...

I think much of the price surprise was due to the latest rumors on AMD being very affordable with their next Polaris. So nvidia decided to cut few dollars, most likely on the 1070! I think that one was suposed to come out at 399USD, not at 379$.

One thing that they dont care much is that 379$ wont be seen in most of the eTailers, it will be only the reference card on the lower end brands that will carry that price. 

Nvidia knows they need a good initial surprise and reaction from the media. On the release you might see one or 2 cards with those prices, but then the AIBs,like EVGA, ASUS etc with have all their cards 400+$

9 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

So basically, for someone like me, who is purely looking at performance and could not give less fucks about power consumption or cooling, I will be going Nvidia.

Damnit.

We don't know how high performance AMD classifies as "mainstream", but yeah if you want a high end card from the new generation then it seems like you will have to go with Nvidia. At least if you want your card before the end of the year.

Personally I am kind of more excited for what AMD has to offer. I am quite satisfied with my 7850 already so I will probably go for a midrange card.

Spoiler

original.jpg

:P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

We don't know how high performance AMD classifies as "mainstream", but yeah if you want a high end card from the new generation then it seems like you will have to go with Nvidia. At least if you want your card before the end of the year.

Personally I am kind of more excited for what AMD has to offer. I am quite satisfied with my 7850 already so I will probably go for a midrange card.

Yeah, and it's not like the 1080 ti isn't going to displace the 1080 or anything. Nevermind whatever insane card AMD's cooking up with Vega.