NVIDIA Will Unveil Pascal GeForce GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 Graphics Cards at a Special Livestream Event May 6 – Cooler Shrouds Confirmed

Aytex
32 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

breaking news: your GTX 780 is now worth like 150$...tops.

The used GTX 980ti will go for 300$.

Try to sell it right way...undercut all the other by 50$ and find someone who hasnt heard about the 1070/1080...good luck!

Oh, I know. But people aren't always smart enough to see what's actually going on in the market. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

for the love of god pull your head out of your ass for once and go look at performance benchmarks...the TitanX is much faster...across the board.

Your definition of "much" is vastly different from mine. 980 ti and Fury X are tied at stock and the Titan X is barely faster than a 980 ti. If you think Fury X performance for $300 is bad there's something seriously wrong with you.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

IDK how you guys watched that whole presentation.  Boring marketing shit. 

A GTX 1070 with 2x the performance of Titan, what a load of shit.

Nvidia is just as bad as AMD with their marketing bullshit.

6 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Years* 

780 Ti already had that problem. The high idle clock speed is just that one last problem that's stopping nvidia's architecture from being damn good. 

Every now and then, a question pops up and asks "Why is my so and so card idleing at 800/1000mhz?" Very unfortunate that I always have to tell them that the 144hz Gsync panel they bought is the cause. 

If this gets fixed then there will no longer for me to tell peeps that 144hz panel has this big flaw that comes with it ;) 

The issue is still prevailing and some peeps even think that idling 900mhz is "normal" LOL 

?! it's been fixed LONG AGO:

Capture.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I'm looking forward to picking up a cheap 980 ti, to throw in along side my fury.....so im no longer gimped by gameworks.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

12 minutes ago, Daegun said:

Overclocked 980Ti? Looks about the same as a regular 980Ti. At least from what they showed, it was 1.2x the performance of the Titan X but at 400Mhz above the boost clock, or a 600Mhz total overclock. The regular cards should be right around the 980Ti/Titan X. For only $50 less than a 980Ti, and an efficiency increase. Basically the only thing exciting about this card atm is that full pascal can have 50% more cores.

They're claiming about 22% higher performance than stock Titan X, and Titan X is a couple of percent above reference 980 Ti.

Funny to see the AMD fanboys raging all over the place now :P

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

10 minutes ago, super_skank said:

AMD are not going to bother competing with these cards, going off the numbers they are already within 25% with their current cards....Polaris is going to offer fury level (maybe even better) performance at probably the price of a 390....If this happen, you would have to be insane to buy an Nvidia card.

Regardless, I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

there is alot of misleading talk, slides actualy makes it clearer, 10 will have 2x efficiency node shrink to be expected, and performance 30-40% faster than 980Ti ( this bit need to be reviewed because it might be slower ), so they are basicaly on track on all the rumours already in place, except they might have 10% extra perf to the 30% predicted, and the price tag isn't as riddiculous as one feared, and availability in 3 weeks for 1080 and 5 weeks for 1070

10 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

What ground to make up? Do you seriously think AMD is not going to get these performance increases? The only thing is we most likely won't get a product from them that will compete with the 1080 at 1st. I seriously don't understand how anyone is worried about the performance of AMD's upcoming cards. It's like history means absolutely nothing.

Honestly, it just seems like a big feat. But of course it's probable that AMD will continue to trade blows with Nvidia.

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

They're claiming about 22% higher performance than stock Titan X, and Titan X is a couple of percent above reference 980 Ti.

But again, that was their 2.1Ghz golden chip. I very much doubt the stock cards will be any faster than the 980Ti, let alone the Titan if it's faster.

I thought the 980Ti was slightly faster at stock because of higher base clocks, has this changed?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

7 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Sorry my boy, even on the latest 365.10 driver peeps are still complaining about cards idling at 1Ghz LOL

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4hh903/36510_driver_release_faqdiscussion/d2q8tb7

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

10 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Capture.jpg

It varies by card, and even setup I believe. My 760 idles at 135mhz when my 2 monitors are at 60 and 120, but when I set my primary to 144(so one is 60 and the other is 144) it jumps to idling at 810mhz. And its not just a 144hz thing, because it idles high when it boots at 144hz, but will occasionally idle lower if I drop to 120 and than back up to 144hz.

No one's raging, just no one is particularly impressed or surprised, its the same rince and repeat formula Nvidia have done for years now, 20-25% improvement max over the previous top tier...$50 price increase for the privilege.... Only for them to release another card in 6 months time.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

3 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Sorry my boy, even on the latest 365.10 driver peeps are still complaining about cards idling at 1Ghz LOL

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4hh903/36510_driver_release_faqdiscussion/d2q8tb7

it's BS...you have to uncheck this in your afterburner otherwise the card will not throttle down:

Capture.jpg

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Funny to see the AMD fanboys raging all over the place now :P

Hmm, I hope I wouldn't be classified as one of those.

I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy. I'm a fan of AMD, but certainly not a fanboy. 

I'm just weary if their call to focus on making cheaper VR capable cards was exactly a good call at that. Because from what I've been hearing from a lot of others is that because AMD is focusing mostly on the lower end that the higher end may not meet what might've been expected.

15 minutes ago, super_skank said:

AMD are not going to bother competing with these cards, going off the numbers they are already within 25% with their current cards....Polaris is going to offer fury level (maybe even better) performance at probably the price of a 390....If this happen, you would have to be insane to buy an Nvidia card.

Isnt AMD's Polaris on 14nm Finfet? In theory that should be a significant difference compared to Nvidia's 16 nm?

it's BS...you have to uncheck this in your afterburner otherwise the card will not throttle down:

Mmmmmm. You should probably research more on this issue first. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Just now, Pohernori said:

Mmmmmm. You should probably research more on this issue first. 

there is no issue...my card was idling at 800mhz when pcper noted this i checked...and then nvidia released a new driver...problem gone since then...100%.

yes, but it will depends on what die size they go with, if they go with a die the same size of the pascal chip, they in theory will be able to get more transistors onto it...which would lead to more performance.......I don't know the size of the die so not sure what to expect.

1 hour ago, SurvivorNVL said:

@Lays  2.1ghz on air cooling.  Lays.  Break some records. 

1 hour ago, Van Weapon said:

Someone is going to break 3GHz with Liquid Nitrogen surely 

Mainstream, hopefully to 2.3, 2.4, maybe 2.5 with water cooling 

My tek-9 fat Ln2 pot is ready :]

oJ3yF.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

7 minutes ago, Daegun said:

But again, that was their 2.1Ghz golden chip. I very much doubt the stock cards will be any faster than the 980Ti, let alone the Titan if it's faster.

I thought the 980Ti was slightly faster at stock because of higher base clocks, has this changed?

They didn't say their 2.1 GHz golden sample beat Titan X by 22%, they said 1080 does.

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

They didn't say their 2.1 GHz golden sample beat Titan X by 22%, they said 1080 does.

1733mhz is the stock boost clock...so i would assume many if not most cards will be able to clock 2000mhz.

1733mhz is the stock boost clock...so i would assume many if not most cards will be able to clock 2000mhz.

They were advertising 2GHz OC in their 1080 promotional video, so it sure as hell better be able to hit those speeds!