Nvidia Holding Special GeForce Event May 6th at 6 P.M.-GTX 1080 and 1070 announced!

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10299/nvidia-geforce-livestream-on-may-6th

NVIDIA has announced via their website and Twitter feed that the company will be holding a special GeForce livestream this week. The event be broadcast on NVIDIA’s Twitch channel.

NVIDIA has not announced what the event will be for, or any content details, for that matter. However given that it’s a GeForce event and that NVIDIA has already announced their first Pascal architecture GPU for the HPC market, a similar consumer announcement does seem to be the most likely candidate.

Just after all the rumors recently about Nvidia holding an event on May 6th on Pascal, Nvidia has said they are holding one. It's pretty obvious at this point it is gonna be all about Pascal. The Order of 10 thing recently ended up having a countdown timer that ends on May 6th. Jayztwocents has stated in his videos that he is going to an Nvidia event soon. Those are both definitely talking about this. Hopefully we will get some real Pascal details and info from this. If you want to watch it live just go to https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia at 6 P.M. Pacific Time on May 6th

I will be updating this topic with everything we learn down here once the event has started (I may not be around for some of the event though so keep that in mind):

Last Update:

[INFO]:

• GTX 1080 announced!!!
  • Supposedly faster than 980 SLI and Titan X
  • 2560 CUDA Cores
  • Base clock speed around 1607 MHz but capable of 2.1 ghz!
  • Uses 8gb gddr5x memory
  •  Uses a new HB SLI connector
  • 9 TFLOPS compute
  • 7.2 Billion Transistors
  • New cooler with vapor chamber!
  • Only 180 watt TDP with one 8 pin pcie power connector!
  • Available for 599 USD on May 27th
  • GTX 1070 available on June 10th
  • Uses 8gb GDDR5 
  • We don't know anything else about it except it will be 379 USD
  • Both GPUs also have a "Founders Edition"-My guess is this on comes with the reference cooler. This card is a little more expensive than the normal ones

If you want a more detailed write up just got to: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10304/nvidia-announces-the-geforce-gtx-1080-1070

Also sorry folks for not updating this earlier! I couldn't find my own thread as I was on a phone the whole time yesterday so I assumed this thread got deleted :/ but I guess I was wrong!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I'm interested in the TDP of their cards.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Order of 10, and now 6 PM on the 6th of the 5th month... hm... 10 - 6 - 6 + 5 = 3... 3, the number of points in a triangle... Illuminati confirmed! Half life 3 confirmed! xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Already posted, I think you are like the 4th person to post on this subject.

Really? Oops. Could you show me the original just to make sure?

EDIT: There are others, but I don't think any of them talk about there being a live event and stuff.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

14 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

GP100 is 300W - the rest are a mystery :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Just now, don_svetlio said:

GP100 is 300W - the rest are a mystery :D

I'm kinda hoping Pascal is Fermi 2.0. 9_9

Wierd how the orderof10 countdown ends 8 hours before the livestream begins... 

Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 | Intel i5-6600K@4.6GHz | Asus Maxiumus VIII Hero | G-Skill Trident Z 2X8GB DDR4 3200MHz

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | Fractal Design Kelvin S36 | EVGA SuperNova G2 750W

Acer Predator X34A | Logitech Proteus Spectrum G502 | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown

17 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

If that 1.86GHz leaked benchmark is right I'd imagine it'd be pretty high, at least relative to the 980.

1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

I won't lie - that would make me grin seeing how they keep going on about high TDPs causing global warming (overexaggeration)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

3 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Why would you hope for that?  It would be kind of funny though ^^

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

I won't lie - that would make me grin seeing how they keep going on about high TDPs causing global warming (overexaggeration)

I would probably bust of laughing. :P 

5 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If that 1.86GHz leaked benchmark is right I'd imagine it'd be pretty high, at least relative to the 980.

It's a high clock, and if it performs like a, overclocked 980 Ti like that I don't think the architecture has undergone any non-HPC changes (though I might be wrong), meanwhile GCN has undergone a major revision.

@Ryan_Vickers For the lols and to help AMD return to 50% market share/profitably. The graphics division at least.  

1 minute ago, mikat said:

portal 3 confirmed

I'd take Portal 3 over HL3 any day.

Just now, Citadelen said:

I'd take Portal 3 over HL3 any day.

Burn the heretic

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Burn the heretic

LIKEWISE. ;) 

1 minute ago, positivePXL said:

Every time someone makes a GabeN-Is-Fat joke, Gaben puts off the release of HF3 by another day.

Unfortunatly, we're gunna be waiting a few centuries. . .

So what happens if we say he's slim? o.O 

30 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Probably around 150-200 watts.

Just now, 226477_1454181668 said:

Probably around 150-200 watts.

GP100 is 300W, and Nvidia appears to be going all out on clock speed plus more CUDA cores. So I'd say 200-250W.

1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

GP100 is 300W, and Nvidia appears to be going all out on clock speed plus more CUDA cores. So I'd say 200-250W.

Its about 1.5x the efficiency of the 980ti. So 240/1.5= 160. 

2 minutes ago, 226477_1454181668 said:

Its about 1.5x the efficiency of the 980ti. So 240/1.5= 160. 

This is from what Nvidia has told us, as of late they haven't actually backed that up with anything.