Ryse: Son of Rome will run at a native 900p (1600x900)

TopWargamer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/17/forza-5-runs-at-native-1080p-ryse-does-not?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Microsoft has announced that while Forza Motorsport 5 will run at native 1080p on Xbox One, Ryse: Son of Rome will not.

In a series of tweets, the company's chief of staff for Devices and Studios Aaron Greenberg revealed that Ryse will run at native 900p, though will be upscaled by the console.

@deaconblade Update from team, Forza 5 is native @1080p, Ryse is native@900p, but Xbox One upscales all titles to 1080p & they look amazing

— Aaron Greenberg (@aarongreenberg) September 17, 2013

So...Forza Motorsports 5 runs at a native 1080p, which is awesome, and shows that the Xbox One is powerful to run native 1080p games. So why isn't Ryse a native 1080p game? This makes no sense, and honestly, I'm very disappointed. 

What are your thoughts on this?

COMIC SANS

I'm disappointed at a console which is going to have a long cycle is struggling to run today's games at 1080p

I feel like the PS4/XBONE will struggle much more at the end of their cycle more than the PS3/360 do now. 4K is on the horizon, and VR is taking off. Japan is already working on 8K. If a title not even released yet can't handle a soon to be outdated resolution now, we are really going to need some console steroids for the next version of them.

Spoiler

I'm disappointed at a console which is going to have a long cycle is struggling to run today's games at 1080p

it's not struggling, it can't handle it at all atm

it's not struggling, it can't handle it at all atm

I understand that there is still optimizations that can be done and will be done.

I understand that there is still optimizations that can be done and will be done.

yeah for sure but right now i haven't heard of any game at 1080p, if the gpu in those things is equivalent to a 7790, they can obviously handle 1080p gaming with optimizations

yeah for sure but right now i haven't heard of any game at 1080p, if the gpu in those things is equivalent to a 7790, they can obviously handle 1080p gaming with optimizations

I've heard a few things here and there. I've heard that the Xbox one is using a variation of the bonaire gpu while the PS4 is using a variation of the Pitcairn gpu

A pc could have run it at 1080p 3 years ago.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

According to NeoGaf, Xbox has trouble rendering at 1080p and was forced to render form 900p and then up to 1080p

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Eh. Atleast its better than BF4 on console where its 720p upscaled on the PS4.

We're probably going to see consoles do this repeatedly for the next few years.

Last of Us is in 720p.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I've heard a few things here and there. I've heard that the Xbox one is using a variation of the bonaire gpu while the PS4 is using a variation of the Pitcairn gpu

yeah in any case optimizations is what makes a console live 

So wait a sec here ....

Xbox One and PS4 will not run games in 1080p without upscaling ?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

900p at what fps? If it's 30, then what a shame. I only play games at 1440p now and will switch to a 4K display when an attainable one comes in. If the lifecycle of the XBone and the PS4 end up being the same as the 360 and PS3 then this is pretty sad news that major titles won't be able to play at 1080p and 60fps possibly 7 years down the road.

I'll take 900p with decent AA over 1080p no AA any day of the week

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

It might be down to having to throw so many enemies on the screen at once, also Ryse seems to render a stupid amount of cloth a once which most likely causes drops in the fps so they had to reduce it to 1600x900.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

There could only be 2 Reasons why it runs in 900p/30FPS.
1. Ryse is as demanding as Crysis 3 on Ultra with 8xMSAA(What I really don't believe)
Or the XboxOne has crappy Hardware for the Year 2013.

RTX2070OC 

why is this even a discussion, none of this is really surprising. of course they were going to have to upscale things from lower resolutions if the want to maintain at least 30 frames. This happened on the last gen and its going to happen one this gen. At any rate ryse wont be relevent for very long seeing as all it is is a series of shitty quick time events chained together and passed of as a launch title worth the money

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I'm guessing if it ran at native 1080p it would be 10 FPS because it seems like the game is going to be have a much further draw distance.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

thats just sad

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Well Forza 5 runs at 1080p, because it is not as demanding. Generally racing games are not THAT hard to run. The thing is that The Son of Rome didn't look pretty demanding either... I just hope that consoles won't limit pc games once again. But, by the looks of it we will be looking at consoles that are gonna struggle a lot to keep up with pc. I mean xbox 360 and ps3 were unmatched in terms of power when they were released and no pc could do as good, but now we're looking at low power cpus and mid range graphics cards.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)