Ryse: Son of Rome will run at a native 900p (1600x900)

TopWargamer

I'd rather care for the shitty gameplay. Since I saw the premier at E3 I don't give two fu**s about this game.

Crytek once again shows that they can produce some good graphics but I can't enjoy it if Ryse doesn't play well. 

I'll be able to try it out next weekend so I'll post a final statement afterwards.

144Hz goodness

Because graphics make a game good!

True, but that isn't the point.

The point is PC's are already ahead of NEXT GEN consoles and its rather silly.

In like 2 year consoles will be as far behind PC's as the 360 and ps4 are now...with 4k and VR very close.

Also what is forza running at? 30fps? 60fps?

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

This guy is also the one that says the 30% performance gap between the PS4 and XBone isn't gonna matter, and the games will look the same...yeah I call bullshit.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I just hope that consoles won't limit pc games once again.

I'm hopefull that this time the fact that everyone is using x86 pc centric architecture means it will be much easier for developers to utilize the power of PCs and then scale down for consoles where the console experience is akin to running the pc game on medium settings (or low later in the life cycle).

There could only be 2 Reasons why it runs in 900p/30FPS.

1. Ryse is as demanding as Crysis 3 on Ultra with 8xMSAA(What I really don't believe)

Or the XboxOne has crappy Hardware for the Year 2013.

Yeah but why would they render 8xMSAA on console?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

Ryse doesn't even look that amazing compared to games like Crysis 3 and Arma 3. Skyrim modded must be the best looking game made to date though. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the console market decline and the PC market overtakes and becomes the mainstream gaming platform. I would enjoy it quite a lot but one can only dream right.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

True, but that isn't the point.

The point is PC's are already ahead of NEXT GEN consoles and its rather silly.

In like 2 year consoles will be as far behind PC's as the 360 and ps4 are now...with 4k and VR very close.

Also what is forza running at? 30fps? 60fps?

PC's that cost 1000$ are ahead of consoles, ones that cost 400$ aren't and you can argue that they will be shit in a few years and they will be, but also the PC's from the same year will be as well.

PC's that cost 1000$ are ahead of consoles, ones that cost 400$ aren't and you can argue that they will be shit in a few years and they will be, but also the PC's from the same year will be as well.

Facter in how much it costs for games on console in comparison to what they do on PC and the prices even its self out eventually.

Also you can out perform the consoles with a $600 PC.

That is for right now....the new console games will be optimized and all that jazz blah blah so you get more out of the system etc etc......but yeh

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I Believe the devs could get all these games running at 1080p natively if they wanted to. But They are balancing the resolution with the assets and amount of detail and the framerate they want. Some devs obviously decide to sacrifice resolution rather than polygons and texture detail. On pc for instance to get a 7970 to run crysis 3 at 60fps at 1080p we turn down the details a bit. If we run at ultra the framerates suffer. I don't see what the fuss is about. Whatever console hardware you give the devs they will max it out during development just because they can by putting in more details, and then in alpha stage they will optimize by cutting down in some areas. It was the same with the previous console cycle; it's not like games were running at 120fps when the consoles launched.

How many console players even notice/care what resolution their games play at? Plug it into an HD tv and it looks good enough for them. That's how I was before I got into PC's. Actually I played on a 27" CRT...

well, at least it's better than BF3 @ 720p :/

I thought it was BF4 on Ps4?

well, at least it's better than BF3 @ 720p :/

BF4 on Ps4/XboxOne is also 900p so about the same as Ryse.

Im glad that I will be playing it at 1440p on my PC :D

I hope that they will release Ryse for PC in 1-2 Years I would really like to play it but I'm not paying 500€ for the Xbone

RTX2070OC 

I'm hopefull that this time the fact that everyone is using x86 pc centric architecture means it will be much easier for developers to utilize the power of PCs and then scale down for consoles where the console experience is akin to running the pc game on medium settings (or low later in the life cycle).

Well yeah that's what I hope, but big companies *cough* ms *cough* unfortunately don't want the consoles to look so far behind and can easily convince (with money ofc) some developers to dumb down the pc version of the game (IF they even release it, like what happened with gta v, although we kinda expected that from their previous gta releases...).Hopefully there will be indies that will optimise their games for the pc poperly.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

The reason they are sacrificing resolution is so they can run at 60fps, that's why the PS4 runs it at 720p on BF4 because they wanted 60fps...so its a choice between 30fps or 60fps....mind you Ryse is an Xbox exclusive when BF4 is multi-platform http://wccftech.com/battlefield-4-sticks-720p60-fps-nextgen-consoles-frostbite-25-game-details-leaked-arriving-november-2013/

• 4 weeks later...

Facter in how much it costs for games on console in comparison to what they do on PC and the prices even its self out eventually.

Also you can out perform the consoles with a $600 PC.

That is for right now....the new console games will be optimized and all that jazz blah blah so you get more out of the system etc etc......but yeh

Yeah and even then the ps4 is gonna cost you more in the long run, because you pay $50 a year for online. So in 7 years you will have paid $750 in total, more than a pc that will outperform the console anyways. Plus steam sales where you can get games dirt cheap...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Maybe it's just me but since they got rid of 1080i and switched to 1080p (4 or 5 years ago) do we really have to put p after resolutions? Is there anything running interlaced anymore?

There could only be 2 Reasons why it runs in 900p/30FPS.

1. Ryse is as demanding as Crysis 3 on Ultra with 8xMSAA(What I really don't believe)

Or the XboxOne has crappy Hardware for the Year 2013.

I think the first one, cause game looks amazing. So far it has best graphics today (in my opinion of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR8Z3O0Np_M

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Anything under 1080 looks like balls. Next gen consoles are gonna have 900p for what 2 years and then it's gonna go down to 480p for 6 years until the next-next-gen of consoles comes out if they do. While on the PC some of us are playing at 4K and 3K or 1080p.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I've been rocking 1920x1200 res for 5 years now, come on.

Maybe it's just me but since they got rid of 1080i and switched to 1080p (4 or 5 years ago) do we really have to put p after resolutions? Is there anything running interlaced anymore?

Well ya in computer gaming (including consoles) the limitation is graphics processing power, rather than video bandwidth.

But in terms of tv broadcasting you still get a lot of interlaced content, because bandwidth is often the limitation.