Best buy cringe

Craftsman_2222

contact them, tell them to fix it

its a mistake and you will not get a motherboard for $9.99 if you buy it,  they will just cancel your order

also sometimes they might give you some free stuff or discount codes if you tell a company about mistakes like these instead of trying to abuse the it :) 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

its a mistake and you will not get a motherboard for $9.99 if you buy it,  they will just cancel your order

also sometimes they might give you some free stuff or discount codes if you tell a company about mistakes like these instead of trying to abuse the it :) 

With a big company like Best Buy they probably won't give you shit for reporting it so it's probably better/more fun to just buy one and see what they do. Also chances are they won't even reply to him about it and they'll just fix it or they'll fix it before they see his email.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

1 minute ago, 1823alex said:

With a big company like Best Buy they probably won't give you shit for reporting it so it's probably better/more fun to just buy one and see what they do. Also chances are they won't even reply to him about it and they'll just fix it or they'll fix it before they see his email.

yup, and sometimes you get lucky! Got a 256GB SSD the other day for $20 :P 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

yup, and sometimes you get lucky! Got a 256GB SSD the other day for $20 :P 

Exactly why I say to just attempt to order one and see what happens. Kinda like a mini lottery.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

5 minutes ago, 1823alex said:

office depot is also a very large company and they accidentally put packs of 20 HDDs for the price of 1HDD

a bunch of people bought it

all the peoples orders were cancelled

i reported it, and got a discount code

sometimes you need to be a good guy in life instead of taking advantage of others ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

sometimes you need to be a good guy in life instead of taking advantage of others ;)

lol good one. That's why BestBuy has GeekSquad screw people over who are unknowledgeable about computers, right? 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

staples is also a very large company and they accidentally put packs of 20 HDDs for the price of 1HDD

a bunch of people bought it

all the peoples orders were cancelled

i reported it, and got a discount code

You're telling me that it's ok for BB to take advantage of you every time you need a tiny little cable that day and the only brands they have are only sold at BB and not available for price match or every time you see an older person go to geek squad and get fucked over? Who cares if they cancel it anyways, you didn't lose anything except for 2 minutes of your time. Also, you could do both, order one on one account and then report it on another and one of them will probably get you something, whether it be the product that had a pricing error or the 10% off coupon.

lol good one. That's why BestBuy has GeekSquad screw people over who are unknowledgeable about computers, right? 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Is that GeekSquad? Maybe I've become illiterate but pretty sure I don't see it

and as stated above, overpriced cables and the like don't help either

Just now, Octavialicious said:

Is that GeekSquad? Maybe I've become illiterate but pretty sure I don't see it

is geeksquad not from best buy?

are they not the people who help you purchase stuff?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

How the fuck does buying a brand new PC relate to going to Geek Squad to get your home theatre shit installed or going to Geek Squad to get your PC "repaired" in some form or fashion, depending on BB's definition.

20 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Actually here in NZ, a store must sell an item at the price it is advertised at. I once bought a ps3 for $24.99, instead of $249.99. So long as the buyer believed that was the cost, you're good. Of course, they can refuse to sell at all, but often you can get away with it.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Just now, Enderman said:

Geek Squad repairs and installs home theatre equipment as well as computers, they do not aid in the purchase of the computers, they have sales associates for that.

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

What? I specifically states GS, and you linked be something about BestBuy itself

And that's the point, they trick people into buying stupid things because they don't understand tech

Just now, Octavialicious said:

What? I specifically states GS, and you linked be something about BestBuy.

And that's the point, they trick people into buying stupid things because they don't understand tech

They don't even help you purchase anything at least that's how it is at my BB.

3 minutes ago, 1823alex said:

How the fuck does buying a brand new PC relate to going to Geek Squad to get your home theatre shit installed or going to Geek Squad to get your PC "repaired" in some form or fashion, depending on BB's definition.

yeah, maybe I'm stupid but that seems utterly irrelevant

yeah, maybe I'm stupid but that seems utterly irrelevant

Agreed, the video linked is extremely irrelevant.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-b150gamingm3

Not sure if glitch or if motherboard is 9.99 at best buy right now.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

1 minute ago, PokeCatz said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-b150gamingm3

Not sure if glitch or if motherboard is 9.99 at best buy right now.

im assuming it would be a glitch, should try to call and see, or try to get a price match on another store so you might actually get it for 9.99

I just felt like I needed somthing here

its been there for days lol

iirc theres a $10 GTX 970 too, though it might be removed (it is removed)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

No way this is legit. Probably a mistake.

21 hours ago, Enderman said:

some times they just let you keep it depending on where the person is . not worth the trouble or the bad news since 99% its someone who just doesn't care putting the prices in the system  .  i got a 980 for 70$ instead of 700  when the price issues were happening at bestbuy and other stores . they called a few days later after i picked  it  up to try to get me to bring  it back for a replacement. i sold it for 600 xD told them they could have it for that 

i have told the store they did screw up on a price a few times gtx 760 dual card they had for 6.70$  back before the 900's launched since that was a screw up of massive ammount

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB