WAN show should switch to YouTube Live!

IMO the WAN show should broadcast on YouTube live instead of, or as well as, Twitch. As of right now, the WAN show is offline and constantly dropping frames. Through YouTube live, they could reach a larger audience and be more continent for some people. Also, hopefully it would solve some of the current issues.

Its automatic, just press this button!

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

twitch > anything 

I dont mean to argue, but look at the stream right now.

This is the fourth week that it's become unwatchable. Twitch is ruining the show. Something has to give or it will pointless to keep "broadcasting" the WAN Show.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

We dont know that that twich is the reason its dropping frames and going offline. There are a lot of factors that go into it. Plus linus and luke have been using twich for at least 3 years so its something they are used to and is easy for them to use.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, mrgooglegeek said:

I agree. So much. Also, Twitch is not better, on Youtube, I can pause the stream, grab some snacks, do whatever my mom was yelling at me to do, then come back and resume the stream. And rip the stream AGAIN as I'm writing this.

ASU

I dont think it is twitch as none of the other streams i have watched are having this problem, must be on Linus's end as it keeps happening week after week.

i7 4790K | MSI Z97S Krait | Gigabyte 980ti Gaming G1 SLI |  2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB + WD Black 4TB | EVGA Supernova P2 1200 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo (White)| Dell P2715Q x2 | Corsiar K70 | Corsair M95 | Full Custom Loop CPU + GPUs 

Just now, Maybach123 said:

We dont know that that twich is the reason its dropping frames and going offline. There are a lot of factors that go into it. Plus linus and luke have been using twich for at least 3 years so its something they are used to 

Yeah we do, their hosting machine is fine, their internet is better than everyone's here, twitch is the only thing left that could fuck up.

ASU

Just now, AbsoluteZero951 said:

I dont think it is twitch as none of the other streams i have watched are having this problem, must be on Linus's end as it keeps happening week after week.

Right, but whenever this happens, his end never reports dropping frames. Maybe the upstream of packets is fucking up on his network?

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Yeah we do, their hosting machine is fine, their internet is better than everyone's here, twitch is the only thing left that could fuck up.

1 minute ago, AbsoluteZero951 said:

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

We dont know that that twich is the reason its dropping frames and going offline. There are a lot of factors that go into it. Plus linus and luke have been using twich for at least 3 years so its something they are used to and is easy for them to use.

2 minutes ago, Dimwitted said:

This is the fourth week that it's become unwatchable. Twitch is ruining the show. Something has to give or it will pointless to keep "broadcasting" the WAN Show.

2 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

Vimeo ftw!!!

3 minutes ago, mrgooglegeek said:

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

twitch > anything 

Linus said they could dual stream, but i believe he said he is just to lazy and forgetful to copy the link into explit.  maybe they had anther reason trying to find it. 

I would like youtube better, pause rewind etc, 

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Care to explain the hundreds of other successful broadcasters who are live right now without a single problem? Hm..

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

4 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Care to explain the hundreds of other successful broadcasters who are live right now without a single problem? Hm..

The issue seems to be a DDOS attack. Forums and WAN show down at same time...

8 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I agree. So much. Also, Twitch is not better, on Youtube, I can pause the stream, grab some snacks, do whatever my mom was yelling at me to do, then come back and resume the stream. And rip the stream AGAIN as I'm writing this.

you can do that on twitch too. they have a VOD and it updates as the stream is live so you can go to the vod pause it then come back (might need to refresh for what you missed to show) then press play and watch from where you left off.

Twitch is honestly god awful. I suggest every streamer switches to beam.pro, it superior in every way. .2 sec delay, higher quality, better interface. It honeslty beats twitch in so many ways. twitch is just god awful.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Is the forum hosted at LMG? If so, then there is a collaboration between the site going down whenever the stream does...

I suspect some sort of DoS as a possibility? 

#!

17 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

twitch > anything 

1 word=Yes

Is this legit: 

Should CloudFlare not prevent DDOS though?

Almost as cool as my temps  

12 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Right, but whenever this happens, his end never reports dropping frames. Maybe the upstream of packets is fucking up on his network?

This one is not twitches problem the forum always goes down when the wan show does. Its not a coincidence. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, Benergy said:

Is this legit: 

Should CloudFlare not prevent DDOS though?

Cloudfare tries and when it cant it uses cached copies.

2 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

oh the no lifes are back at it.

Yep, it's all stupid when you ask what their goal is. 

3 hours ago, awesomeness10120 said:

Yep, it's all stupid when you ask what their goal is. 

what IS their goal?