Why Do People like Beats By Dr.Dre So Much?

DrunkAssassin

Can anyone tell me why, because I have tried them and they are extremely uncomfortable ( I have tried the Pro version and the Studio Version) and the Audio isn't even great. You could go out and get some Sennheiser Headphones and a sound card and get way better audio quality for less or equal to the price of beats, can anyone just explain simply to me why they are so popular?

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

They're a fashion statement.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

As the responses stated it's just a fashion statement.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Good marketting. Have you ever seen a AKG/Sennheisser commercial? I sure haven't.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

They like getting "beat(ed)". HAHAHAH im so clever

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Just a thing of "everyone has them, so will I" thing.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

because people are sheep....

and a result of a decade of using shitty $2 earbuds people are open to something better and combined with the marketing these are perceived to be good

ipod-green.jpg

They like getting "beat(ed)". HAHAHAH im so clever

by chris brown ^^

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Fashion. I've never seen someone actually use them, but I've seen them around peoples necks a lot.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

Fashion. I've never seen someone actually use them, but I've seen them around peoples necks a lot.

Oh yea, people walk around with it around their neck - without even having the damn cable plugged in.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

"Tired of those troublesome mids and highs in your music? Ever wish you could just blot them out with muddy bass? Having trouble fitting your wallet in your pocket? Well have I got the headphones for you!" - Beats next marketing campaign.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

"Tired of those troublesome mids and highs in your music? Ever wish you could just blot them out with muddy base? Having trouble fitting your wallet in your pocket? Well have I got the headphones for you!" - Beats next marketing campaign.

Hahaha, That just made my morning xD

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I think it's to show that they have money. It's like where I live, if you have Beats (here, it's braces, yes, braces), that's a symbol that you have braces. I've even heard of people wearing hoodies and having beats over the hood (geniuses xD)...

Ignorance of the weak minded my friend, people will buy about anything if you pitch it well enough. I could come up with something stupid like underwater socks and still probably sell it to half of America as long I have a good catchy commercial and some half-ass advertisement. 

because people are sheep....

and a result of a decade of using shitty $2 earbuds people are open to something better and combined with the marketing these are perceived to be good

So true, same with people buying crap $20 laptops then switching to $2000 macs cause they think pc is shit.

I have someone in one of my classes and he wears the beats by dre round his neck. It pisses me off so much that people like that think they are cool because they see people wear them and they just follow their choice. It's similar to people who own a mac and they think it's the best

Definitely a fashion trend, i've seen not so long ago a guy with chrome colored beats plugged...wait for it....in an iPad. Nothing shocking if you're at home, but you're in a shopping mall ffs (he also was wearing something that closely ressembled pajamas).

No pair of headphones have been marketed as much as they have. "beats" have become a household statement. We can thank Dre's huge wallet for that. 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves!