FOX News reports that GTA 5 trains millions of people to become the killers of tomorrow

TopWargamer

its fox -_- they have trash talked every game that you can either shoot o see partial nudity or anything that is M rated, once they made a report about mass effect a few weeks after launch calling it the "sexbox" or something stupid like that pretty much trash talking the game popularity on the xbox, funny thing the game sales triplicated the next week :)

ngbbs4362fa1c8eb45.jpg

-snip-

ROFL thanks for that xD

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

As we all knew this thread would be heated. I do disagree obviously. People who want to have more power were always spreading questionable rumours Based in things that could potentially have a kernel of truth. This has been happening since ancient times and even before of you believe in evolutionary theories. The difference now is that the people who want power can spread the rumours further so there is a wider backlash from people. Case in point. This thread

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Because shooting people in video games "trains" someone to do it in real life. I don't think a mouse click really compares with shooting a gun.

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

(being lazy didnt read comments and only title take my 2 cents very very lightly)

But the army and police use simulations that use guns that even recoil and POV video so couldn't we just take these people playing this and COD and put them in the army/police?

Media only shows what people wanna see and that's what most people were made to believe, now they're just feeding them more of these news make them feel they're backed by these sources.

Fox news always gets a bad rep for what they say. A lot of what they report is good, but on this subject, they have no idea. And that is because, it is a network that essentially consists of Republicans. Now this is good in some ways, because these reporters are wise and have good political views, but have no idea how people work in a social setting due to the fact that they are way to conservative on this subject. Games do not encourage people to kill people. Just look at Adam Lanza from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings. He had Social Autism and was an outcast. There was no mention whatsoever about him ever playing video games, yet a kid shooting his grandmother has to be reported right away that the he played video games like Grand Theft Auto. The point I am trying to make is, the United States cannot take away our freedoms. They are a government put in place to protect the people, not take away our freedoms. And it says in the first line of the constitution we as citizens have the right to the Pursuit of happiness. By taking away our entertainment, that does not promote the founding fathers views on how things should fundamentally be.

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

they said the samething about every GTA.  watching murdering movies trains muderers, watching CSI and Bones trains you how not to get caught.   the world is F up and everyone wants to point fingures. 

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

watch "Outfoxed" and see the fair and balanced news crap :ph34r: 

"Big things have small beginnings."

Oh GTA... You always make conservatives write about you. And obviously the killings did happen because of GTA not poor gun control laws.

BTW I'm a trained turtle jumper and i eat mushrooms to grow.

its fox -_- they have trash talked every game that you can either shoot o see partial nudity or anything that is M rated, once they made a report about mass effect a few weeks after launch calling it the "sexbox" or something stupid like that pretty much trash talking the game popularity on the xbox, funny thing the game sales triplicated the next week :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Hittler didnt play video games, so how come FOX news,,, how come?

PC Gaming forever...

i actually agree to a degree with fox news on this one. games like cod, bf, halo, gow, etc. all have a barrier or some such from reality. this doesn't have anything like that. all you are is a murdering thug. how can anyone honestly like this?

How can anyone like it?  Maybe because there's other aspect of the game other than being a "murdering thug"... aspects that people find good and have been also deemed good from other forms of entertainment?  Just take a look at these characters.  Michael = Tony Soprano, Franklin = clichéd Boyz In the Hood movie, and Trevor with his Breaking Bad vibe to it.  Major aspects of this game has been done before so why are video games in such a double standard?  Just because it's "Interactive" with a controller?  I'm sorry, but if people can't distinguish a form of entertainment from real life, or as you put it the "barrier from reality" then that's where the real issues lie - mental health.  Maybe this is just not the game for you.

Fox News and others looking for a scapegoat are just wasting their time and shifting the focus on important issues like mental health, responsible parenting (games are rated for a reason), and just being sensible that video games are just another form of entertainment.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

How can anyone like it?  Maybe because there's other aspect of the game other than being a "murdering thug"... aspects that people find good and have been also deemed good from other forms of entertainment?  Just take a look at these characters.  Michael = Tony Soprano, Franklin = clichéd Boyz In the Hood movie, and Trevor with his Breaking Bad vibe to it.  Major aspects of this game has been done before so why are video games in such a double standard?  Just because it's "Interactive" with a controller?  I'm sorry, but if people can't distinguish a form of entertainment from real life, or as you put it the "barrier from reality" then that's where the real issues lie - mental health.  Maybe this is just not the game for you.

Fox News and others looking for a scapegoat are just wasting their time and shifting the focus on important issues like mental health, responsible parenting (games are rated for a reason), and just being sensible that video games are just another form of entertainment.

who's to say i don't take the same stance on movies? because do. i find people that enjoy breaking bad are ignorant fools in my opinion. because no matter how you space something from the reality of things, there will still be an edge of reality to said thing.

no matter how much you think gta any number is fake, people had to consider reality to make the game. you have to consider reality to understand the game, parents understand reality when looking at it. it is not a form of mental health, but a form of mental state. sure, one could deny any influence something does to them, but everything around you influences you (however little or large). so gta anything is bad, scarface is bad, breaking bad is bad, they all are. in a manner it is embracing the skeletons of humanity and then flailing their arms yelling its not reality its not reality.

well of course it isn't fucking reality, but it still has an effect. however small for whatever people.

multiple case studies have analyzed the effects of many various control groups (consisting of many different variables such as society, culture, race, religion, gender) and learned what happens when listening to different types of music. certain "genres" increased anger, aggression, irritability, etc among the listeners, while others increased their iq, brought about more complex thought process', etc.

so please refute psychology, it will beat you.

Wow...

who's to say i don't take the same stance on movies? because do. i find people that enjoy breaking bad are ignorant fools in my opinion. because no matter how you space something from the reality of things, there will still be an edge of reality to said thing.

no matter how much you think gta any number is fake, people had to consider reality to make the game. you have to consider reality to understand the game, parents understand reality when looking at it. it is not a form of mental health, but a form of mental state. sure, one could deny any influence something does to them, but everything around you influences you (however little or large). so gta anything is bad, scarface is bad, breaking bad is bad, they all are. in a manner it is embracing the skeletons of humanity and then flailing their arms yelling its not reality its not reality.

well of course it isn't fucking reality, but it still has an effect. however small for whatever people.

multiple case studies have analyzed the effects of many various control groups (consisting of many different variables such as society, culture, race, religion, gender) and learned what happens when listening to different types of music. certain "genres" increased anger, aggression, irritability, etc among the listeners, while others increased their iq, brought about more complex thought process', etc.

so please refute psychology, it will beat you.

And I find people who ignore the warning signs beforehand and point fingers at said entertainment ignorant fools in my opinion as well.

I've been playing video games all of my life, watched many violent movies and TV shows, listen to rap music all the time and I haven't flipped one bit.  Never shot anyone, never done drugs and never will and I'm sure many here would share the same sentiment and experience.  I've had my bouts of depression and not once did a game like GTA force me to flip, cuz frankly I find entertainment to be a relief for me and had it dealt with very very early on.

To pin tragic things like a shooting or becoming a "murdering thug" because of a video game or a form of entertainment (fictional, real, or as you put, "bits of reality) is just asinine.  Whatever happened to personal responsibility?  Someone above gave a good example: devils like Hitler never played video games, so what now do you pin that on?

You believe what you believe and join Fox News in this dumb crusade. Fake is fake.  It's on my damn TV, I don't do it on real life and a lot of others can distinguish it.  If a person can't distinguish reality from entertainment and decides to shoot up a school because of it and can get guns easily, or a f'n 9 year old kid imitates something from it... that's not the video game's fault or whatever movie they were watching or music they were listening to.  Said person had a far bigger underlying issue that needed to be dealt with or maybe their parents do.

Now THAT is the psychology people have to focus on.  It seems to me you and a lot of other media outlets want to skip the root cause and skip right to the middle (or as you called it, its "effect") because it's the easiest one to point the finger to.  One needs a "cause" to have an "effect".  Your stance and Fox News in this matter ignores the former and would rather have a field day with the effect and be judgmental on people who enjoy such "bad" fictional things.

So please keep ignoring warning signs of a person that needs mental help and looking for a scapegoat.  It has already beaten people.

And just in case you still don't get the point, I'll let Marcus Beer speak out for us gamers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/at1oul/annoyed-gamer-gta-v-is-not-the-enemy

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Wow...

And I find people who ignore the warning signs beforehand and point fingers at said entertainment ignorant fools in my opinion as well.

I've been playing video games all of my life, watched many violent movies and TV shows, listen to rap music all the time and I haven't flipped one bit.  Never shot anyone, never done drugs and never will and I'm sure many here would share the same sentiment and experience.  I've had my bouts of depression and not once did a game like GTA force me to flip, cuz frankly I find entertainment to be a relief for me and had it dealt with very very early on.

To pin tragic things like a shooting or becoming a "murdering thug" because of a video game or a form of entertainment (fictional, real, or as you put, "bits of reality) is just asinine.  Whatever happened to personal responsibility?  Someone above gave a good example: devils like Hitler never played video games, so what now do you pin that on?

You believe what you believe and join Fox News in this dumb crusade. Fake is fake.  It's on my damn TV, I don't do it on real life and a lot of others can distinguish it.  If a person can't distinguish reality from entertainment and decides to shoot up a school because of it and can get guns easily, or a f'n 9 year old kid imitates something from it... that's not the video game's fault or whatever movie they were watching or music they were listening to.  Said person had a far bigger underlying issue that needed to be dealt with or maybe their parents do.

Now THAT is the psychology people have to focus on.  It seems to me you and a lot of other media outlets want to skip the root cause and skip right to the middle (or as you called it, its "effect") because it's the easiest one to point the finger to.  One needs a "cause" to have an "effect".  Your stance and Fox News in this matter ignores the former and would rather have a field day with the effect and be judgmental on people who enjoy such "bad" fictional things.

So please keep ignoring warning signs of a person that needs mental help and looking for a scapegoat.  It has already beaten people.

And just in case you still don't get the point, I'll let Marcus Beer speak out for us gamers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/at1oul/annoyed-gamer-gta-v-is-not-the-enemy

you are still lumping me in with a newsgroup i dislike. you want to immediately assume everything i am pointing out is a fallacy and that it is a personal attack.

i will have no further contact with you. the blatant and immature manner you propose your ideals, and the complete disregard for anothers logic is astounding. furthermore you are simply verbally pantomiming the words of those before you. good day.

you are still lumping me in with a newsgroup i dislike. you want to immediately assume everything i am pointing out is a fallacy and that it is a personal attack.

i will have no further contact with you. the blatant and immature manner you propose your ideals, and the complete disregard for anothers logic is astounding. furthermore you are simply verbally pantomiming the words of those before you. good day.

I lumped you?  I lumped you?  I lumped you when you yourself said this???

i actually agree to a degree with fox news on this one. games like cod, bf, halo, gow, etc. all have a barrier or some such from reality. this doesn't have anything like that. all you are is a murdering thug. how can anyone honestly like this?

Disregard your logic?  Your logic don't even make sense.  "Shows like Breaking Bad, games like GTA V, is bad for you and is for ignorant fools because it's based on reality, and will have a negative effect on you no matter what."  Ummm... what?

BINGO haha watching that again make me giggle their ignorance 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I wonder how news media gets away with things like this. I read Fox's article and found lots of false reporting.

Video game publishers need to take a stand. How is this even tolerated. I'm really disappointed in Fox.

This is why I never watch the news on tv(except for weather).

Who cares what Fox News says at this point? See them for the comedy act that they are.

I wonder how news media gets away with things like this. I read Fox's article and found lots of false reporting.

Video game publishers need to take a stand. How is this even tolerated. I'm really disappointed in Fox.

This is why I never watch the news on tv(except for weather).

Fox News is a US company, and USA does not have any standards or governing body for journalistic ethics, while in most other countries, Fox would be shut down by now ages ago.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Who cares what Fox News says at this point? See them for the comedy act that they are.

I'm a Republican (for the most part), and I actually agree with this. Is that a bad thing?

>.>

[spoiler=]Probably not.

COMIC SANS

Oh man, this person has anger issues when he went on a rampage? Must have been the video games, not his past and or his mental conditions. 

Thank you mainstream media. 

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

Why are we all making a fuss about Fox News? They do this on purpose so people like us pay attention to it and their view count spikes. They're laughing all the way to the bank right now. 

This fox new is not actaully regulated as a news station but is instead considered entertainment.

stop giving them credit you would be surprised at how few american actually believe this bs.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Fox news needs to rename itself to Faux Circus. At least then, it would be honest.