GTX 980 Ti or 2 crossfired radeon 270x's

hopefully soon i'm going to be building my new pc and i'm wondering if the MSI Geforce GTX 980 Ti 6gb would be better than 2 radeon R9 270x 4gb editions. I already own the 2 radeons and if they would be just as good or almost as good as the nvidia card, i can just carry them over to my next build. If you need any more details on either my current setup or my future build just let me know.

4 minutes ago, harlequin1419 said:

hopefully soon i'm going to be building my new pc and i'm wondering if the MSI Geforce GTX 980 Ti 6gb would be better than 2 radeon R9 270x 4gb editions. I already own the 2 radeons and if they would be just as good or almost as good as the nvidia card, i can just carry them over to my next build. If you need any more details on either my current setup or my future build just let me know.

1 X 980 TI, no question.

13 minutes ago, harlequin1419 said:

Definitely the 980 Ti.

17 minutes ago, harlequin1419 said:

The 980Ti, but still, 270x in CrossFire is a good option if games scale well.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

1 minute ago, Djole123 said:

The 980Ti, but still, 270x in CrossFire is a good option if games scale well.

That's the problem, the games that properly support crossfire are far and few between

On 4/14/2016 at 10:24 PM, harlequin1419 said:

980 ti all the way.i don't even know how you got that idea of Xfiring 270x.

If the 270x CF is doing you OK for now, then I think it wouldn't be wise to spend money on a 980 Ti when there is a new generation of hardware right around the corner. And wait for Polaris from AMD, because there are some suggestions that Pascal might be disappointing. Also, even if you still want a 980 Ti, their prices will drop when Pascal and Polaris come out.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

7 hours ago, Majestic said:

I'm more wondering how that system came to be. And if the CPU is up to snuff...

It was a mess really, I just found some components that would fit with each other and put them together. Because it is all over the place is why I'm making a new and better build. I'm changing up from an FX 8320 to an i7 4790k.

7 hours ago, Average Joe said:

Always go for single card vs. SLI/CrossFire. The support for SLI/CF in games is let's say questionable.

Yeah I've noticed, I was gonna go for just a single card if I could.

8 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

If the 270x CF is doing you OK for now, then I think it wouldn't be wise to spend money on a 980 Ti when there is a new generation of hardware right around the corner. And wait for Polaris from AMD, because there are some suggestions that Pascal might be disappointing. Also, even if you still want a 980 Ti, their prices will drop when Pascal and Polaris come out.

Yeah, as of right now the cards are doing great. The only bottleneck is my cpu which is an FX 8320. Shadows and shading really isn't this chips strong suit. But I think I'll just get the 980 ti and get the Polaris when I can.

59 minutes ago, harlequin1419 said:

It was a mess really, I just found some components that would fit with each other and put them together. Because it is all over the place is why I'm making a new and better build. I'm changing up from an FX 8320 to an i7 4790k.

Oh, ok. Because it wouldve been wasted on a 8320. 980TI + 4790K is fine. Though if you can, get the 6700K.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Oh, ok. Because it wouldve been wasted on a 8320. 980TI + 4790K is fine. Though if you can, get the 6700K.

they seem very very close in performance, but i will consider it. got anything that could possibly sway my towards the 6700k? 

Seeing as you already own the 270s, i would stay with them. New cards are just around the corner.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

20 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Wow! i got looking on newegg and the 6700 would be 10 dollars cheaper, or i could spend 30 buck more and get the 6700k. I'm not going to be overclocking but would the extra 30 dollars be worth that bit more of performance or should i just stick with the locked cpu?

3 minutes ago, harlequin1419 said:

Wow! i got looking on newegg and the 6700 would be 10 dollars cheaper, or i could spend 30 buck more and get the 6700k. I'm not going to be overclocking but would the extra 30 dollars be worth that bit more of performance or should i just stick with the locked cpu?

i7-6700 runs at 3,5, i7-6700K runs at 4.0 (4.2ghz boost)

Especially if you won't be overclocking, the 6700K is best. Sounds weird i know. Also, make sure to pair it with some nice memory.

cheapest 3ghz memory should suffice. Though do pay attention to the timings a bit. Not worth saving 5 bucks for a CL18 vs. CL15 kit.

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

i7-6700 runs at 3,5, i7-6700K runs at 4.0

Especially if you won't be overclocking, the 6700K is best. Sounds weird i know.

i kinda figured it would be the better option but i wasn't completely sure because I've never dealt with an unlocked cpu before. but thank for this info man, i really appreciate it!