Shadow Aurora

I finally managed to get my hands on all the components that I needed for the build.

So here goes my part list:

Case: SilentiumPC Brutus S20 - a small matx case that is small, cheap and got a lot of potential.

PSU: Cooler Master G750M -   It just was on sell long time ago

MOBO: Asrock B85M - I got it from my last build Asus Z97M

CPU: i5 4690K : Why K, well it was new and I got it for the same price that I would have to pay for non K.

GPU: EVGA GTX980 SC GAMING: Used, but i have 650+ days of warranty on it, and it was really cheap (for a used gtx980 that is)

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Drives: Goodram C40 120GB SSD + WD Green 1 TB HDD

Cooler: SilentiumPC Fera HE1224 v2 (tallest one that fits in this case)

Peripherals: Tracer Sniper mouse and Tracer Mecano keyboard - nothing fancy but works well.

The plan:

The case: The plan is to get rid of most of the drives bay (as seen on the picture) , and make an opening for a second intake fan at the front. I will also make the cable routing holes a bit wider. For now mATX motherboard is covering them a bit too much. I will also get rid of the SPC logo from the front. As for the side panel I will cut a window (and cover it with plexi of course). spc-brutus-s20-7.jpg 
spc-brutus-s20-1.jpg

P.S. I will not make a hole in the front cover :P

Sleeving: Black/White with a little bit of light grey accents.

Painting: Interior of the case will be painted white white, exterior will remain black, but I'm considering some grey/white stripes on the side panel without the window, and maybe something at front. all of the fans and PSU will be painted white (the propellers will remain black) and the GTX980 cover will be painted white with plasti dip. It is likely that I will also make/buy a backplate for 980 and paint it white too. I will have to see if i will have to plasti dip the motherboard too, it may be black but all the circuits on it make it brown.

Lighting: RGB LED - thus aurora in the title.

Now the hardest thing is to convince my wife that tinkering with PC parts in my garage is something productive :P

All  good and fine, but you kind of wasted the money on the GTX 980 imo considering other options out there and Pascal/Polaris right behind the corner ;p

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I was thinking about waiting for next gen GPU's but  this 980 was dirt cheap (25% cheaper than the next cheapest used 980 with no warranty to it) i tested it at it runs fine so possibly I will not loose much cash when I will sell it, and i did not want to wait with intergrated graphics for any longer.

Boski build kolego! : ) Czym malowałeś płytę? Zrobisz jej więcej zdjęć?

EN: Great build!

6 hours ago, NaLu said:

Boski build kolego! : ) Czym malowałeś płytę? Zrobisz jej więcej zdjęć?

EN: Great build!

EN: Thanks. The motherboard was painted with plasti dip like rubber paint called THIS. There will be more photos soon.

PL: Dzięki. Płyta jest malowana gumą w sprayu coś takiego jak plasti dip o nazwie THIS. Wkrótce więcej fotek.

As requested some more Pictures of the motherboard. As you can see I did not paint most the power section (from the one painted on accident I removed the plastic). I will add some radiators there. There is some excess paint here and there, but it's easy to peel the excess off.

DSC06281.JPGDSC06271.JPGDSC06272.JPG

Ohhh yes, this looks splendid. Where did you buy the paint? Morele?

Nope, allegro. But after the fact I saw that the shop that I ordered it from is located just 20km from where I live. You can also check local auto parts shops for it.

And after that I noticed that the label states that distributor for Poland is located in my town.

Kinda good, from my experience file is great but you need to be very careful when taking material off with it. Also... what kind of model is that makita? I personally use Dremel 4000 (also in case).

By the way what you use to cut plexi?

As for the case - it's for cordless 12V Makita 6271Driver-Drill

My rotary tool is an 8 year old PROXXON MICROMOT 50 (little green-yellow case on the left)- it never failed me.

For cutting the window I used Makita 4326 jig saw and the Proxxon for the "corners".

As for the files, don't worry i have used them many times before + the cuts are pretty straight not much material to get off.

For the plexi - same technique as with glass. I cut (more like a scratch) it a bit with precision knife and then bend it on the cut. Fast and clean if done right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/18/2016 at 2:33 PM, NaLu said:

Nice~ : )

I'd run into no post problem. I was sure that painting the mobo was not the issue. It turned out that  I had to flash the bios to run i5 4690k . I had one iteration older bios than minimum to run it. Thankfully I have a second rig with i3 4330. So this build is up and running. Still some cable management and overall cleaning to do.

Can't wait for finished pictures B|