Looking for low profile RAM (8GB set) for Asus Sabertooth Z77 board.

I recently got a new cooler for my CPU for the intention of doing a little over clocking however when I went to install I found that my current RAM is too tall to allow clearence. One thing that is making this a little more difficuly is that I am also for either black or white (preferably white) RAM to match a GPU I recently painted white to go with a black and white theme.

My current kit is 8GB but if there is an option that is more I wouldn't mind the extra boost. Could anyone recommend something?

Thanks in advance :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Would be helpful to know the make/model of the new cooler or better yet, the clearance for the RAM.

9 hours ago, Naeaes said:

Would be helpful to know the make/model of the new cooler or better yet, the clearance for the RAM.

frankly the set Enderman linked should be fine, unless you have some crazy wacky cooler.

that being said, what cooler did you get? 

but if the size is /that/ much of a concern here, i can measure my set RAM (it's the same set, just red.) and get a rough idea of how tall it is for you. 

that'll be awhile from now though, probably 5+ hours since i'm currently in school haha

9 hours ago, Enderman said:

That was one of the first sets I came across when searching but it's not listed in the boards manual as compatible. Does it actually work?

9 hours ago, Naeaes said:

My current RAM is 52.5mm high and I can't check at the moment but I would say I need at least an extra 10mm.

14 minutes ago, jett473 said:

frankly the set Enderman linked should be fine, unless you have some crazy wacky cooler.

that being said, what cooler did you get? 

Deepcool frostwin. It's not actually the heatsink that's the issue, it comes with two rather bulky fans and I don't have the parts to mount any of my other fans to it.

Thanks for all the responses guys :)

29 minutes ago, JTB123 said:

That was one of the first sets I came across when searching but it's not listed in the boards manual as compatible. Does it actually work?

yup

its just ram

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

32 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yup

its just ram

Thanks. That is the perfect set to go with the colour scheme I want as well.

49 minutes ago, JTB123 said:

Thanks. That is the perfect set to go with the colour scheme I want as well.

hey, just checked out that cooler and wanted to ask, do you have one of the fans in the middle of the heat sink? If not, I would do that, and have the side w/o a fan facing your ram, it might help your problem without replacing your ram.

if that doesn't work, or if you just don't want to do that, i see no reason why the hyper x kit won't fit you're needs. I'd say it's the best choice

1 hour ago, jett473 said:

hey, just checked out that cooler and wanted to ask, do you have one of the fans in the middle of the heat sink? If not, I would do that, and have the side w/o a fan facing your ram, it might help your problem without replacing your ram.

if that doesn't work, or if you just don't want to do that, i see no reason why the hyper x kit won't fit you're needs. I'd say it's the best choice

Unfortunately the fans share one cable so I can't separate them without dismantling the cable which is something I don't really want to do. 

You mean like literally any RAM kit on the market besides Dominator Platinum? That should be easy to find, hmm... how about Crucial Ballistic?

Or maybe Corsair LPX, I mean it has Low Profile in the name, must be pretty low profile...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K