Going from water cooling to air

MxZeal

So in 4 years 3 water coolers died on me..  its getting annoying and expensive i wan't to make the change to air coolers

I got a i7 3930K can anyone recommend me some air coolers? i know nothing about them lol

(please use newegg.ca or amazon.ca if linking as Canadian pricing is ridiculous) 

greatly appreciated. 

1 minute ago, MxZeal said:

So in 4 years 3 water coolers died on me..  its getting annoying and expensive i wan't to make the change to air coolers

I got a i7 3930K can anyone recommend me some air coolers? i know nothing about them lol

(please use newegg.ca or amazon.ca if linking as Canadian pricing is ridiculous) 

greatly appreciated. 

NH-D14/D15

Cyroig H7

Dark Rock Pro

I love the Be Quiet! coolers. they're seriously amazing

noctua has really good ones, but they all look terrible.

Look at Phanteks they have some nice looking ones:)

3 hours ago, Aytex said:

n-D15

Cyroig H7

+ Phanteks (dont remember the product)

They are the best 3 air coolers out there but the nh-d15 is the best.

I don't think the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo would be that great for a i7-3930k, but I love mine on my 4790k. I was gonna go on the same route as your with AIO but decided its another problem with durability, god forbid a leak if I got one, and the price for a replacement all adds up. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

CM Hyper 212 Evo. 

Keeps my oc'd 4350 @4.6 ghz at 33 degrees celcius.

Red (Soon to be Retired)CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: CM 212 Evo  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 SSD: Kingston 128 GB (Boot), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB (Main Games) HDD: WD Black 1 TB (Storage + Older Games) PSU: EVGA W1 500W Monitor: Dell ST2220l 21.5". Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Mouse, SteelSeries mosepad, 

Toronto doesn't look like it gets to hot, 21ºC average in the summer, so you don't need the biggest or the best of the best, but a good single tower cooler would allow you to get at your ram without messing with it, speaking of ram you wouldn't have to worry about clearance either so if you decide to use ridiculously tall ram you're fine.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 

Noctua D15S

Phanteks PH-TC14PE

I personally have the DRP3 on my 3930K and love it, if you want to squeeze more silence out of it, do like me and order a second 135mm fan from BeQuiet, it's an extra 10$ USD, worth it for me 

Well what is your budget for a cooler? You are going to want something on the beefy side since that cpu can put out a fair amount of heat overclocked.

On 4/7/2016 at 0:04 PM, MxZeal said:

greatly appreciated. 

Have you been replacing them yourself when they die? Good lord. You should try to RMA them at least; reputable brands will replace them for just about anything. Corsair and EK will replace components that their AIOs leak on too. 

i7-4790K | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | Corsair 350D | 256GB Crucial MX100 / 1TB WD Blue | Corsair RM 650 | NH-U12S
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9XN2dC | http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Deil_Grist