Is there a way to use my phone as a Internet pass through?

Basically is there a way to pass wireless through my phone, like a relay or whatever because my laptop has terrible WiFi and I don't want to use my mobile data because I barely have any. I don't mind if I have to root my phone or something but if I don't have to that would be better :)  thanks for any replies and any help :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It should be easy. 

If you set it up to use your phone as internet acces and then set your phone to use wifi,
shouldn't all data go through to the wifi then?

Redliquid~

If you share the mobile phone's internet connection through either Bluetooth or USB, the phone should share whatever internet connection it's using itself. If your phone's connected to the wifi, it'll share that.

25 minutes ago, Redliquid said:

It should be easy. 

If you set it up to use your phone as internet acces and then set your phone to use wifi,
shouldn't all data go through to the wifi then?

19 minutes ago, Tosa said:

If you share the mobile phone's internet connection through either Bluetooth or USB, the phone should share whatever internet connection it's using itself. If your phone's connected to the wifi, it'll share that.

Well I hop on the WiFi network and then press the Hotspot button and it shuts off WiFi for me, so that doesn't work if you don't know any other way,  the phone is a Oneplus 2 running the latest iteration of OxygenOS (as far as I know) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

31 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

So you want your phone to have access to landline internet, without involving your laptop?

I think what you need is a router/AP?

Ok I think I know what you mean.

What you looking for is wired tethering

Follow this guide. Method 1 step 2

Turn mobile data off on your phone so it can only share what it gets from wifi

It turns off wifi when I press the Hotspot button so that doesn't work at all

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Well I hop on the WiFi network and then press the Hotspot button and it shuts off WiFi for me, so that doesn't work if you don't know any other way,  the phone is a Oneplus 2 running the latest iteration of OxygenOS (as far as I know) 

yeah, obviously, becuase it has to use the wifi antanna to share the network connection, which is why I specified that you use either Bluetooth or USB.

18 minutes ago, Tosa said:

yeah, obviously, becuase it has to use the wifi antanna to share the network connection, which is why I specified that you use either Bluetooth or USB.

13 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Then its a problem with your phone or custom OS

Without messing with your phone or using some app to force it to work, only option is to get your laptop a USB adapter.

Don't need any more help here, Bluetooth worked fine and I found it myself but thanks anyway :)

Builds:

Spoiler