I give up on Port fowarding

SirBatsy

I never port forwarded and all my GAMES were nat type open. then my games went to strict and moderate tried port forwarding I tried everything like in the properties I made it static and its wired connection 

U know the problem ? plz help me

I'd recommend port-triggering not port-forwarding. That way your ports are not sitting un-defended all the time.

1. Try disabling UPnP

2. Try putting PC's IP into DMZ (not recommended for long term as its not very secure)

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

i have the asus router its say 

Description Trigger Port Protocol Incoming Port Protocol Add / Delete
 TCP UDP   TCP UDP 
No data in table.

what should i put in the first protocol and second 

it doesn't day TCP UDP TWICE only once 

and its says my pc port are closed some port 80 or whatever

why are you trying to port forward

port forwarding is for running servers and having people connect to your PC

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

27 minutes ago, SirBatsy said:

Isnt port forwarding for nat type?

Yes It Is. Games run better online with the proper ports forwarded...

can you explain the problem? because as long as NAT is active on your router, games should have absolutely no problem connecting

by any chance are you running router behind a router?!

have you tried connecting the WAN directly into your PC?

23 hours ago, Chronologically said:

I'd recommend port-triggering not port-forwarding. That way your ports are not sitting un-defended all the time.

1. Try disabling UPnP

2. Try putting PC's IP into DMZ (not recommended for long term as its not very secure)

1. WTF? Leave UPnP on, the way upnp works is that if the connection is established from an internal system it will auto open ports for that connection.

On 3/16/2016 at 0:13 PM, SirBatsy said:

I never port forwarded and all my GAMES were nat type open. then my games went to strict and moderate tried port forwarding I tried everything like in the properties I made it static and its wired connection 

U know the problem ? plz help me

You should only even need to look at port forwarding if the connection is being initialed from an external sauce (i.e. the server connects to you system and starts the game client <- you never see this for a reason. Normally you run the game and tell the game to connect to the server, upnp should work it's magic and auto open the ports required).

Without more info we can't really help, but it is definitely an NAT/IP masquerading issue. 

9 minutes ago, Blake said:

1. WTF? Leave UPnP on, the way upnp works is that if the connection is established from an internal system it will auto open ports for that connection.

You should only even need to look at port forwarding if the connection is being initialed from an external sauce (i.e. the server connects to you system and starts the game client <- you never see this for a reason. Normally you run the game and tell the game to connect to the server, upnp should work it's magic and auto open the ports required).

Without more info we can't really help, but it is definitely an NAT/IP masquerading issue. 

UPnP is notorious for causing problem, plain and simple.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

1 minute ago, Chronologically said:

UPnP is notorious for causing problem, plain and simple.

HA! good one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2016 at 6:52 AM, zMeul said:

can you explain the problem? because as long as NAT is active on your router, games should have absolutely no problem connecting

by any chance are you running router behind a router?!

have you tried connecting the WAN directly into your PC?

I have upnp and im not running a router behind a router just one router, if u mean wifi extender yes i have that but im not using its for the living room

On 17.3.2016 at 3:21 AM, Blake said:

1. WTF? Leave UPnP on,

Waaahhh Noooo!

UPnP is a big security issue due to design errors and faulty implementation

If your NAT type used to be open, then either your router somehow broke (maybe try reseting it to factory settings) or your ISP put you under a NAT. They do it to conserve IP adresses. Read your contract to know if you pay for public IP adress, if you do, contact your ISP.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

as far as i know port forwarding is impossible under IPv6. and at least here pretty much everybdy gets IPv6 unless they pay extra for a business contract like i do. ever since i switched i now have IPv4 and can forward fine. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3