NEW AMD POLARIS 10 AMD’s “Project F” is 232mm2 discrete GPU

El Diablo

OK im guna copy paste this exactly,,if im not allowed to someone tell me and il swap around a few words here and there

AMD’s Project F is Polaris 10?

AMD-Project-F

Without a doubt AMD has no problem finding new codenames for its graphics chips. Ellesmere, Baffin, Greenland, Vega, Polaris 10&11 are some of the buzzwords associated through various leaks with Radeon 400 series. Determining which one is actually true is not possible at this time.

Project F is yet another codename for the chip designed at AMD HQ. What we’ve learned from previous LinkedIn leaks is that just because something is designed and reaches engineering state, it does not mean it will end up as a product for end-users. Project F could be one of such designs.

According to the profile of former AMD employee Project F is a discrete GPU designed in 14nm Low-Power Plus manufacturing process. Such chip would be manufactured by either Samsung or Global Foundaries. 14LPP is a next iteration of 14nm process bringing improvements over 14LPE (Lower-Power Early) process in performance and power efficiency roughly by 15%.

14LPP – Enhanced version with higher performance and lower power; a full platform offering with MPW, IP enablement and wide application coverage — Global Foundaries

The profile also confirms that Project F has a die size of 232mm2, which would indicate that we are looking at Pitcairn (Curacao, Trinidad) replacement. It could be the same chip that was showcased by AMD at CES as GeForce GTX 950 competitor. In other words, Project F might be the graphics processor for Radeon R9/R7 470(X) series.

Source: 3DCenter, LinkedIn

1 hour ago, mikat said:

please remove that white background, it looks horrible on the dark theme.

and use the quote feature (the quote sign in the bar above the text you write)

i have no idea how to do any of what u said

my quote feature is seriously broken,, half the time it quotes other people

1 hour ago, mikat said:

please remove that white background, it looks horrible on the dark theme.

and use the quote feature (the quote sign in the bar above the text you write)

Without a doubt AMD has no problem finding new codenames for its graphics chips. Ellesmere, Baffin, Greenland, Vega, Polaris 10&11 are some of the buzzwords associated through various leaks with Radeon 400 series. Determining which one is actually true is not possible at this time.

Project F is yet another codename for the chip designed at AMD HQ. What we’ve learned from previous LinkedIn leaks is that just because something is designed and reaches engineering state, it does not mean it will end up as a product for end-users. Project F could be one of such designs.

According to the profile of former AMD employee Project F is a discrete GPU designed in 14nm Low-Power Plus manufacturing process. Such chip would be manufactured by either Samsung or Global Foundaries. 14LPP is a next iteration of 14nm process bringing improvements over 14LPE (Lower-Power Early) process in performance and power efficiency roughly by 15%.

14LPP – Enhanced version with higher performance and lower power; a full platform offering with MPW, IP enablement and wide application coverage — Global Foundaries

The profile also confirms that Project F has a die size of 232mm2, which would indicate that we are looking at Pitcairn (Curacao, Trinidad) replacement. It could be the same chip that was showcased by AMD at CES as GeForce GTX 950 competitor. In other words, Project F might be the graphics processor for Radeon R9/R7 470(X) series.

6 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

i have no idea how to do any of what u said

my quote feature is seriously broken,, half the time it quotes other people

There's a remove format button next to the font size drop-down box.

The quoting is also fine when you're making your own post. All you have to do is do the usual BBCode quote wrapper-thing.

I've seen this before on this forum.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

14 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Heavily doubt this. With a 232mm chip on 14nm, they wouldn't be matching it against a GTX 950.. 

More likely, they were showcasing the replacement for Cape Verde chip.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

6 minutes ago, Tomsen said:

Heavily doubt this. With a 232mm chip on 14nm, they wouldn't be matching it against a GTX 950.. 

More likely, they were showcasing the replacement for Cape Verde chip.

This is Polaris 10, not Vega 10, it's a low end card.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

This Polaris 10, not Vega 10, it's a low end card.

I never stated it was Vega10?

The 232mm will have quite the performance. Perhaps not anything to top the current lineup, but atleast a nice boost on certain price brackets.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

Just now, Tomsen said:

I never stated it was Vega10?

The 232mm will have quite the performance. Perhaps not anything to top the current lineup, but atleast a nice boost on certain price brackets.

Ah, I thought you thought this was a flagship card. :D

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Hmm I wonder what will be the size of their flagship GPU though. It seems they can make it pretty big though. Either way more important is how they'll balance performance/efficiency this time around.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

AMD’s Project F is Polaris 10?

I removed the formatting so people can actually read it :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I moved your thread to Graphics Cards because you are not following the requirements that are found in the Tech News sub-forum as well as the Community Standards. Simply copy/pasting stuff from an article is not permitted.

If you update your post so it's properly formatted, I will move it back. Until then, it stays here.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3 hours ago, Citadelen said:

Ah, I thought you thought this was a flagship card. :D

It's supposedly 232 mm2, which is a typical GPU size for the midrange gaming segment. The GTX 960 uses a 227mm2 chip, and the 950 has a cut-down version of the same chip. With a new architecture and the 14nm process, this GPU should blow the GTX 950 out of the water - it's not meant to compete against that anyway, and Nvidia will have something a lot better than the 950 as well.

Guesstimating performance just based on probable die size is obviously not going to be very accurate, but I'm guessing this thing would not be far off a GTX 970 or R9 390.