FX9370 or FX 8320

13 hours ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

DOES NOBODY READ MY FUCKING POSTS?

At no point did I say that ANY motherboard (besides the 970 Krait) was trash. What I said, was that no one up until you (thank you for the information on the power delivery) knew how good the power delivery was, so for all we knew it was trash, and therefore, without knowledge of the board, none of us could recommend it. 

Next time, please read my posts. Now that we know the quality of the VRMs, we can safely tell OP to grab an 8320 and overclock it on the board.

(Read my posts, don't skim them, don't read them the way you want to see them, just read them. Thank you)

You dont need to feel attacked by any means.

i do understand that there isn´t that much info to be found about it.

And there for it might be hard to recommend at first sight.

But stating that the vrm on this particular board is crap because you dont know anything about it.

Is a littlebit bluntly of course.

But i do understand your way of thinking.

We all know that AMD FX8 core chips overclocked consume power like a beast, and there for a motherboard with a decent vrm is needed.

Also how well it does with overclocking.

Check: http://www.overclock.net/t/1591829/fx-8370-and-pro-gaming-aura-asus-mb-overclocking

And yes the Msi 970A krait is crap.

43 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

You dont need to feel attacked by any means.

i do understand that there isn´t that much info to be found about it.

And there for it might be hard to recommend at first sight.

But stating that the vrm on this particular board is crap because you dont know anything about it.

Is a littlebit bluntly of course.

But i do understand your way of thinking.

We all know that AMD FX8 core chips overclocked consume power like a beast, and there for a motherboard with a decent vrm is needed.

Also how well it does with overclocking.

Check: http://www.overclock.net/t/1591829/fx-8370-and-pro-gaming-aura-asus-mb-overclocking

And yes the Msi 970A krait is crap.

Once again, Litteraly at no point have I said the VRMs on the board are crap. Litteraly never once. I have said that without data, we must assume they are.

Imagine a group of soldiers approaching a house, they don't know what is inside, they have to assume there are hostiles inside, and treat it as such until they make sure otherwise.

If I don't know how well a motherboard can handle a CPU, I'm not going to recommend another person spend money they worked for, on a potentially insufficient board. If I know full and well that a motherboard, or any other part for that instance IS sufficient for their purpose, then I will suggest it.

Now that you have brought info on them, we know they are sufficient, and can recommend them.

One thing that not enough people on this forum understand, is that we are treated as experts, when someone comes here, asking a question about what they should put their money into, it puts our community in a situation where we must make the right choice, we are here to help, and we need to make sure that we're helping. I see too many people on here just firing off whatever comes to their head, without putting a single bit of thought to it. It's better to be safe then sorry when telling someone what to do with their time and money.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

22 hours ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

DOES NOBODY READ MY FUCKING POSTS?

At no point did I say that ANY motherboard (besides the 970 Krait) was trash. What I said, was that no one up until you (thank you for the information on the power delivery) knew how good the power delivery was, so for all we knew it was trash, and therefore, without knowledge of the board, none of us could recommend it. 

Next time, please read my posts. Now that we know the quality of the VRMs, we can safely tell OP to grab an 8320 and overclock it on the board.

(Read my posts, don't skim them, don't read them the way you want to see them, just read them. Thank you)

Thanks, but i have NEVER overclocked before, is it easy?

there ARE LOTS AND LOTS of videos on youtube which take it step by step and are great. Don't be phased by it at all.

Just now, danrey84 said:

there ARE LOTS AND LOTS of videos on youtube which take it step by step and are great. Don't be phased by it at all.

Do you know a good video of a guide?

3 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

Just want to if my motherboard right now works with OC, (asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura)

that mobo should do an overclock even some motherboards have an OC facilty built into them. U literally have to select the 1 you want. which is the cpu have

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Once again, this forum proves to be 579% blind.

To OP, get the FX-8320, or an 8370 if it has the Wraith cooler or whatever the fuck it is.

I have the H110i GT, wont really change cooler

21 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Just get an 8320 and OC as far as you can unless [motherboard limitation].

Nah, 8370 man.

I notice this more and more, but the voltage i need to get 4.62GHz on my 8320 is way high... you could prolly get 4.62GHz with a 8350/8370 using 0.0500 to 0.0750v less

Just now, Prysin said:

Nah, 8370 man.

I notice this more and more, but the voltage i need to get 4.62GHz on my 8320 is way high... you could prolly get 4.62GHz with a 8350/8370 using 0.0500 to 0.0750v less

If that's the case, then sure.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

37 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Nah, 8370 man.

Considering the 8370 is usually quite a bit more ($40 in the US), I wouldn't consider it to be worthwhile. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

39 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Considering the 8370 is usually quite a bit more ($40 in the US), I wouldn't consider it to be worthwhile. 

you get a good cooler though... that thing was really good when looking at reviews of it.

Although, ATM i am running stress tests on my FX 8320 with a Noctua NH-D9L 92mm cooler with a single fan on it... and its doing just fine (granted i have the window open and its like -1C outside :P

EDIT:

http://www.goldfries.com/hardware-reviews/amd-wraith-cpu-cooler-review/

this fucking idiot of a reviewer used it with a fucking 9590... and it didnt BSOD... thats a 125w TDP cooler dissipating 220w AND NOT CRASHING!!!!....

6 hours ago, Prysin said:

you get a good cooler though... that thing was really good when looking at reviews of it.

Although, ATM i am running stress tests on my FX 8320 with a Noctua NH-D9L 92mm cooler with a single fan on it... and its doing just fine (granted i have the window open and its like -1C outside :P

EDIT:

http://www.goldfries.com/hardware-reviews/amd-wraith-cpu-cooler-review/

this fucking idiot of a reviewer used it with a fucking 9590... and it didnt BSOD... thats a 125w TDP cooler dissipating 220w AND NOT CRASHING!!!!....

But for the $40 price difference you could get a better after market cooler (and in this specific case OP already has an h100).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

If that's the case, then sure.

Right now i have the Asus 970 Pro gaming, Dont really know if OC works on it. But does it?

On 3/10/2016 at 9:30 PM, djdwosk97 said:

If it has to be on AM3+ (because you already own a high end AM3+ board), then FX8320, they're basically the same cpu, so the cheaper one is the better one. 

This.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

15 hours ago, Prysin said:

Nah, 8370 man.

silicon lottery exists for both chips. 

you may increase your odds by getting the 8350/70, but more than likely you're paying more for nothing. 

how much voltage do you need?

2 hours ago, Alexokan said:

silicon lottery exists for both chips. 

you may increase your odds by getting the 8350/70, but more than likely you're paying more for nothing. 

how much voltage do you need?

1.4825 if i want to be rock stable. Although i can lower it slightly if i want to.

On 13-3-2016 at 1:06 PM, FruitBasketSilex said:

Once again, Litteraly at no point have I said the VRMs on the board are crap. Litteraly never once. I have said that without data, we must assume they are.

Okay so if you dont know anything about a product.

Then you are assuming it as crap.

That doesnt realy make that much sense to me.

if you said, that "you" cannot recommend trowing a FX8 core chip on that particular motherboard.

Because you cannot find any technical detailed information about the vrm cirquitry specs.

That would have made more sense imo.

Also: "I have said that without data, we must assume they are."

Not fully sure in what context you have writen that.

But i see this as "we" speaking for the whole community.

Thats a bit weird to me. :)

On 3/12/2016 at 5:14 AM, Sintezza said:

38 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Okay so if you dont know anything about a product.

Then you are assuming it as crap.

That doesnt realy make that much sense to me.

if you said, that "you" cannot recommend trowing a FX8 core chip on that particular motherboard.

Because you cannot find any technical detailed information about the vrm cirquitry specs.

That would have made more sense imo.

Also: "I have said that without data, we must assume they are."

Not fully sure in what context you have writen that.

But i see this as "we" speaking for the whole community.

Thats a bit weird to me. :)

Jesus fucking Christ 

I'm done.

Is English not your natural language, because that's the only reason I can see for not understanding what I'm saying, sans mental disorder.

OP has his answer. 

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

8 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Jesus fucking Christ 

I'm done.

Is English not your natural language, because that's the only reason I can see for not understanding what I'm saying, sans mental disorder.

OP has his answer. 

I dont have a mental disorder.

Its just that your whole addition to the topic stating hardware as crap without even knowing what you are talking about.

That just makes not sense atall.

Not sure if you even know anything about vrm cirquitry analytics in general?

1 minute ago, Sintezza said:

Its just that your whole addition to the topic stating hardware as crap without even knowing what you are talking about.

But i assume, that you just trow arround with terms you  heard about.

Without even knowing a single clue about vrm cirquitry analytics in general.

Alright. I'll explain it this way:

If none of us, sans you, know of the VRM quality on a board (970 Aura), then none of us can recommend he use either an 8xxx or 9xxx chip on it.

For all any of us knew, the VRMs were bad, not that they necessarily are, but we would have to assume they are, until we can find proof of their quality.

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Not sure if you even know anything about vrm cirquitry analytics in general?

7 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Alright. I'll explain it this way:

If none of us, sans you, know of the VRM quality on a board (970 Aura), then none of us can recommend he use either an 8xxx or 9xxx chip on it.

For all any of us knew, the VRMs were bad, not that they necessarily are, but we would have to assume they are, until we can find proof of their quality.

He´s saying since he doesn´t know anything about the board´s vrm quality, he doesn´t want to risk recommending it in the case that the quality is poor. Kinda like how we ask people their budget and goal for a computer list, you want to make an informed recommendation. Since @FruitBasketSilex doesn´t know anything about the VRM quality, and since the op seems like he´s going to oc the cpu, he doesn´t want to risk recommending the board until he gets more info. on the vrms.