Before you buy amp and DAC + recommendations.

Dackzy

Was this thread helpful?  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Was/is this thread helpful?

• Yes
    • No

20 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

Norway isnt EU, but EEA, so yes, I do have to pay VAT (25%). an therefore I want to buy things from stores in my country, and therefore I can use the site that you can see everything on every online store worth buying from at least.

Amazon pays the import fies for you most of the time, when I look at the american amazon and add something to my basket then it adds import tax and it is often way smaller than what I really have to pay.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

If I decide to get from Amazon UK, whats the difference between SMSL SD793-I, M3, M6?
and are all of them better than fiio 10K? 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

If I decide to get from Amazon UK, whats the difference between SMSL SD793-I, M3, M6?
and are all of them better than fiio 10K? 

I am not home or at a PC right now, so I am not going to type a lot, but the 793-II is the most powerful from what I remember on top of my head, the DAC is slightly different, but that shouldn't matter that much.

@SSL can most likely explain a bit more, before I get home or to a PC.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I just noticed something, the M3 is the only one of them that can be sent to Norway.

but I dont really care about the m6, but I can wait to know the difference between SMSL SD793-I and the M3 :)
or other options that isnt too expensive.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

4 hours ago, Mihle Gaming said:

I just noticed something, the M3 is the only one of them that can be sent to Norway.

but I dont really care about the m6, but I can wait to know the difference between SMSL SD793-I and the M3 :)
or other options that isnt too expensive.

If you want to buy Schiit, they have a european distributor online. Amazon is not the best place to buy their products.

18 hours ago, SSL said:

If you want to buy Schiit, they have a european distributor online. Amazon is not the best place to buy their products.

Too expensive for me :(

Because you have to buy two things.

-Stephen Hawking

How's the Creative Soundblaster E5?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

I didnt really get an answer from what I was asking.

but some complain about noise in SMSL m3...

-Stephen Hawking

22 hours ago, Kaita said:

How's the Creative Soundblaster E5?

bit overpriced if you look at audio quality only and well I would not get creative products right now, since they still have some problems with their onboard having a bass roll off.

26 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

but some complain about noise in SMSL m3...

it is not that powerful and it would not be surprised if some of them have a bit of noise. It is a china brand with a not so good QC.

On 11/25/2016 at 9:16 AM, Mihle Gaming said:

What was your question? Why are you asking it? You probably don't even need a DAC or amp.

6 hours ago, SSL said:

What was your question? Why are you asking it? You probably don't even need a DAC or amp.

I do need a dac., but now I just want to get help another place, because this place dont seem to have people that is able to do it.

-Stephen Hawking

10 hours ago, Fletch2 said:

Would a pair of HD598's need an amp or DAC?

most likely no

Just got an AKG Q701, will pick an Oppo HA-2SE soon

Are those 2 good for female vocal (jpop)?

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

1 hour ago, SeraphicWings said:

The Q701 are fairly neutral, I personally like the vocals in my K612 and they have a FR fairly close to the Q701

13 hours ago, SeraphicWings said:

It might be a little bright for that particular genre, other than that, it should be fine.  IMO the K7XX(K712) would be a better fit but mileage may vary.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

• 2 weeks later...

So, Schiit just dropped the Fulla 2:

As far as I'm concerned, there is basically no reason to consider anything else in the sub-$200 bracket. Unless there is a need for something like SPDIF in or DSD, nothing else is really recommendable. Schiit has distributors all over the world, so this product should be available to most people, unlike some of the typical budget options: http://schiit.com/faq/international.

As an example, compare this to the $75 Fiio E10K. For $25 more you get line-in, pre-amp out, and more power, even from devices that do not support high USB power draw. And a 2-year warranty from an American company that has their support staff located here.

fulla-front-1920.jpg

woah that is so cute. A mini little piece of schiit. With top mounted volume.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

@SSL so would you recommend the fulla 2 over just a magni?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

58 minutes ago, spwath said:

@SSL so would you recommend the fulla 2 over just a magni?

Yes. As we know, most people don't really need an amp, and when they do I think the Magni 2 Uber or Vali 2 are better starting points. The Fulla 2 is more versatile and has more than enough power to drive entry-level headphones and beyond.

I wouldn't be surprised if this spells the end of the entry Magni/Modi stack.

58 minutes ago, SSL said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this spells the end of the entry Magni/Modi stack.

yeah, as long as the quality is good, though I'm guessing it will be. Will have to listen for measurements and impressions.

but I have no need for it with my magni and go450

7 hours ago, SSL said:

SNIP

neat, I am going to add this, but I will still keep the other options, because I think it is important to have the option to choose between things.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

neat, I am going to add this, but I will still keep the other options, because I think it is important to have the option to choose between things.

That's fine, but then I suggest that you provide information to help guide people in their choice. Right now the options are basically presented as equal aside from price, and personally do not believe that is the case, irrespective of price.

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

That's fine, but then I suggest that you provide information to help guide people in their choice. Right now the options are basically presented as equal aside from price, and personally do not believe that is the case, irrespective of price.

yeah I need to update this soon and fix some things. I will do it as soon as I am done with the exam period, that I am in right now..

i have sennheiser hd 558 and they're super good driven with onboard mobo. but i am curious if audio can turn out a little better if i paired it up with a dac and amp. i'll be honest, i am not a huge audiophile but would a dac and amp make an appreciable difference? i've thought about pairing my hd 558 with the Fiio E10K 

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

i have sennheiser hd 558 and they're super good driven with onboard mobo. but i am curious if audio can turn out a little better if i paired it up with a dac and amp. i'll be honest, i am not a huge audiophile but would a dac and amp make an appreciable difference? i've thought about pairing my hd 558 with the Fiio E10K 

If you're curious, I now recommend the newly released Schiit Fulla 2 over Chi-Fi stuff like the Fiio E10K. If your onboard is good, the difference may be noticeable but not significant. Up to you to decide if $100 is worth that.

Keep in mind that the limiting factor in your system is the HD 558. The biggest improvements will always come from upgrading the headphone, and following with the rest of the chain, budget permitting.