Cooler Master Mastercase Racing, Porsche 917 Le Mans Tribute

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for lack of updates. My build got has been shelved temporarily. Dice asked if I could finish the mk5 ww1 tank in advance to be revealed on 2016 Games Awards show. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with Dice, so I've dropped everything to get it finished in time. To add to the stress, they've requested I build a 2nd for the lobby of their HQ in sweden. Luckily they havent given me a deadline for the 2nd (yet).... each tank has just over 1,000 individually laser cut pieces here, https://mnpctech.com/amd-radeon-bf1-battlefield-1-scale-model-mark-v-extreme-gaming-pc-ww1-tank-case-mod.html

17 years of helping you void your warranty

On 11/26/2016 at 9:39 AM, Mnpctech said:

Sorry for lack of updates. My build got has been shelved temporarily. Dice asked if I could finish the mk5 ww1 tank in advance to be revealed on 2016 Games Awards show. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with Dice, so I've dropped everything to get it finished in time. To add to the stress, they've requested I build a 2nd for the lobby of their HQ in sweden. Luckily they havent given me a deadline for the 2nd (yet).... each tank has just over 1,000 individually laser cut pieces here, https://mnpctech.com/amd-radeon-bf1-battlefield-1-scale-model-mark-v-extreme-gaming-pc-ww1-tank-case-mod.html

No worries, Bill. :)

I've had to shelve my projects for a little while now do to finances (*sigh*), but I can't wait to get back to them. Were you able to get any video of you working on the tank, or will you be filming during the build of the second tank? I'd love to see the process for that!

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.3.2016 at 3:04 PM, Mnpctech said:
On 9.3.2016 at 3:07 PM, Mnpctech said:

Thank you for watching, whats your twitter handle @DevilishBooster

Indeed, my mother had sewn a Gulf Racing patch on my demin jean jacket 40 years ago @WynLore

Porsche 917 inspired graphics are finished on the Cooler Master Mastercase 5 / Pro. Next stage is clearcoating everything.

gulf_porsche_9y_cooler_master_mastercase

gulf_porsche_9z_cooler_master_mastercase

Whoa that looks absolutely beautiful

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

Thank you!!

@DevilishBooster Yes sir, it's being edited now... I'm still waiting approval from Dice to paint the 2nd Tank Desert Khaki

Finally back from other commitments and got to fill the loop last night for leak testing. Only remaining items on to-do-list are connecting all of the cables, installing SSD and Operating System.

buy-squeeze-bottle-PC-water-coolant-liqu

You have amazing attention to detail. I am not a car person, but I really respect the attention to detail and the level on customizing you have brought into this build. I really like the stainless tubing you have used for the water loop. I still have not gotten the chance to use any custom water cooling yet. Once I start my next build I will be trying my first water cooled custom loop. I am very reluctant to even use rigid tubing let alone stainless steel, so I will probably use flex tubing.

Again, Truly an artistic piece of work! 

• 2 weeks later...

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017 LTT FORUM!

@Waz, Thank you for the kind words! Yes, start with Flex tubing, for sure.

....2016 was a crazy time for me. My personal stuff always gets shelved. Along with the AMD Radeon Tank, I had to finish this ROGUE ONE Corsair 600C for CES here, https://mnpctech.com/rogue-one-k-2so-toy-600c-corsair-gaming-pc.html

buy-corsair-case-600c-carbide-star-wars-

• 2 weeks later...

Back at the workbench today, I created a PSU shroud for my Cooler Master Mastercase 5 build. It's made from 1/8" thick cast acrylic with embedded magnets I found on ebay, I drilled holes and glued on two legs with weld-on acrylic cement for easy on/off installation. Next step is painting the shroud gulf racing blue and draping over the orange stripe onto the shroud.

cooler-master-mastercase-5-pro-psu-cover

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found some spare time this week to get the Mastercase PSU shroud painted to match the chassis. Here is the plate with and without the gulk racing stripe and just after applying the gloss clear coat

buy-cooler-master-mastercase-psu-cover-s

gulf-racing-paint-color-mnpctech.jpg

I'm watching Ebay for a vintage GULF pin to mount over the LED, so it's illuminated from behind. Here is some of the progress photos of SLI bridge mod over the weekend. Replace green nvidia logo with transparent orange acrylic window,

take-apart-replace-led-color-nvidia-SLI-

take-apart-nvidia-SLI-bridge-2-3-4-way-m

paint-mod-SLI-bridge-gulf-racing-paint.j

nvidia-paint-mod-SLI-bridge-gulf-porsche

install-guide-nvidia-SLI-bridge-.jpg

It's looking great Bill! It's really inspirational to watch your work progress. 

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

• 3 weeks later...

me too, getting closer...

My friends EEL & Stu really got me interested in customizing mechanical keyboards after we did this Keyboard Modding Hangout,

magicforce-mechanical-keyboard-change-ke

EEL suggested a good mech KB that allowed custom keycaps for my Mastercase Racing 5 gaming PC setup, I've given my Qisan Magicforce "Blue ICE Crystal" 108-Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard custom keycaps that compliment my GULF RACING Porsche 917 theme.

The Magicforce Mechanical keyboard utilizes GATERON black key switches. It's really nice deal for $69.99, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HGDKJK4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Porsche-917-GULF-RACING-Mech-Keyboard-Ca

EEL helped me with the layout for the gulf racing theme custom key cap order, $53.75 shipped from from WASD, http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

Shift key was replaced with STICK SHIFT, 
Escape = PIT 
Backspace key = PADDOCK
Windows key = GULF OIL logo 
Function key is number 5, for Mastercase 5 racing. 

On 2/17/2017 at 9:27 AM, Mnpctech said:

Are you into Mechanical Keyboards Alex?

Well I have one, I would like to upgrade to a more aesthetically pleasing keyboard but I'm fine with my Razer Blackwidow for now :3

I've had my Razer keyboard and mouse for several years now, and I can't complain. :)