LTT in other Countries?

Hey everyone!

Well i am new to this Forum but i watch Linus now for 2 Years or so and there were always one thought that killed me.

By the size of the channel and the influence of himself it would be an great idea to make channels in different Languages. The tech itself isnt different really but it would make a difference.

I thought of a channel, for instance in French and in German. Somebody could start with a small channel without an office, and with some help and some shoutout on the main channel things could start growing pretty quickly. 

It´s just an idea! 

But do you guys think its worth a try? 

2 minutes ago, scrapes said:

Hey everyone!

Well i am new to this Forum but i watch Linus now for 2 Years or so and there were always one thought that killed me.

By the size of the channel and the influence of himself it would be an great idea to make channels in different Languages. The tech itself isnt different really but it would make a difference.

I thought of a channel, for instance in French and in German. Somebody could start with a small channel without an office, and with some help and some shoutout on the main channel things could start growing pretty quickly. 

It´s just an idea! 

not even worth it :/ it takes too much time. LTT alone are busy anyway.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I, personally, would love to see Linus try to speak German. The entertainment factor alone would boost it to the top watched on youtube. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

not even worth it :/ it takes too much time. LTT alone are busy anyway.

Well i thought more of a independant channel with another actor :/ but the idea of speaking him in German would be nice :D not a 1:1 Translation but the format rebranded as a daugther channel of LTT in another Language!

Linus in french mode... not sure how that would pan out.

Le croasaunt un la deu noctua la fan fantastiqe hmm. im contempt with canadian style :)

1 minute ago, Groundedbeef said:

Linus in french mode... not sure how that would pan out.

Le croasaunt un la deu noctua la fan fantastiqe hmm. im contempt with canadian style :)

He stumbles on his words in English enough lol. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

They don't have enough time for that, but I could see the community translating for youtube, I know GMM does that, even though the 2 are very different.

He's (well, Dennis now) is already doing Chinese subtitles for Chinese websites, entire separate voiceovers and videos and stuff is not worth it IMO when the entire world is becoming more and more international/English

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, scrapes said:

Hey everyone!

It´s just an idea! 

voiceovers ?

id do it for french if I get payed B|

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

the entire world is becoming more and more international/English

you truely are ignorant then

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

2 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

you truely are ignorant then

Please do elaborate. 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Please do elaborate. 

english is not even close to being the first most spoken language

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0775272.html

There is chinese channel which denis translates and then sends the translation to the actors

4 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

english is not even close to being the first most spoken language

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0775272.html

Yes I know, Arabic, Spanish and Chinese (Mandarin I believe) are among the most spoken first languages. Didn't mention anywhere in my post that English was becoming the primary first language in the world though.

What I was trying to say was that (in my experience of quite a few European countries) English is becoming an increasingly important second language to schools to teach and people to learn. 

19 minutes ago, derick90 said:

I, personally, would love to see Linus try to speak German. The entertainment factor alone would boost it to the top watched on youtube. 

oh yes. or swedish, people are hilarius trying to speak swedish xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Maybe we should collaborate and make subtitles for his videos in return for something?

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

3 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Maybe we should collaborate and make subtitles for his videos in return for something?

Lol even if we had Linus' okay, Colton would still file a strike against it. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Love to see the answers :D Well voiceovers are a Neat way but i think for people who know the main channel it would be pretty akward. But what if there would be something like LinusTechTipsGerman or something in that direction! Not putting him as actor for video and doing the audio but a channel from people who love LTT and they make a German or French or dunno chinese Show but with the branding of LTT so he could make a network of international channels :D 

11 minutes ago, scrapes said:

Love to see the answers :D Well voiceovers are a Neat way but i think for people who know the main channel it would be pretty akward. But what if there would be something like LinusTechTipsGerman or something in that direction! Not putting him as actor for video and doing the audio but a channel from people who love LTT and they make a German or French or dunno chinese Show but with the branding of LTT so he could make a network of international channels :D 

Problem is that it requires money. And really big and professional people to handle small things like trademarks and monetizing. Subtitles for videos would be best thing. But other than that, you aren't going to see anything like that in tech world. Its rare in printed media and no one is crazy enough to try it in YT.

What you can do is look for localized Youtubers. Bigger the audience, more creators. I'm sure you'll find people who do decent to great videos in German or French.

35 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

oh yes. or swedish, people are hilarius trying to speak swedish xD 

Swedish isn't that hard :D Imo Danish or Icelandic of Nordic languages would be funniest.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Problem is that it requires money. And really big and professional people to handle small things like trademarks and monetizing. Subtitles for videos would be best thing. But other than that, you aren't going to see anything like that in tech world. Its rare in printed media and no one is crazy enough to try it in YT.

What you can do is look for localized Youtubers. Bigger the audience, more creators. I'm sure you'll find people who do decent to great videos in German or French.

Swedish isn't that hard :D Imo Danish or Icelandic of Nordic languages would be funniest.

it aint hard but its fun to hear them people trying to say words with å, ä and ö xD Danish is just insanity, i can understand what the general gist of it but its imposible to try to speak, never really heard Icelandic so i cant comment there

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 7/3/2016 at 2:04 PM, scrapes said:

Hey everyone!

It´s just an idea! 

That would be to much of a effort for such a low refund. There preaty bussy right know and i would rather have them work one the scrapyard wards than hearing linus speak spanish.