Led programming question for a mod idea

Is is possible to have 3 led flash in a 1 then 2 then 3 pattern when you first turn the computer on. Then when its fully booted into windows they all light up? If this is possible any idea of a way to go about it?

Thanks

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Yeah, its called an arduino, and you program it to do what you want

all you need to do is hook it up to your PSU so that when you press the power button on your PC the arduino gets powered up

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, its called an arduino, and you program it to do what you want

all you need to do is hook it up to your PSU so that when you press the power button on your PC the arduino gets powered up

i know i need an arduino just have no idea how i would program that i mean does the computer even give off a signal of some sort when your finished booting into windows?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, Maybach123 said:

i know i need an arduino just have no idea how i would program that i mean does the computer even give off a signal of some sort when your finished booting into windows?

no

you have to time it, or have a startup program in windows which communicates with the arduino so that when the program starts when the desktop is finished loading it tells the arduino to put all LEDs on full

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

14 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Is is possible to have 3 led flash in a 1 then 2 then 3 pattern when you first turn the computer on. Then when its fully booted into windows they all light up? If this is possible any idea of a way to go about it?

Thanks

A simple way to do a loading type sequence would be to use a simple integrated circuit that does a timed delay but this wouldn't actually be following the loading sequence for boot up. 

If you power the arduino off of the 5v standby wire (always 5v), and have a digital input set up to sense one of the regular 5v (0v when the computer is off, 5v when its on) wires you can easily trigger a function to set off the leds in a timed sequence.

I am new to Arduinos and when I say new I mean I received my FIRST one today (Arduino Uno) Love it and already have another 2 on the way :P  

As I said I am new but you should be able to just do something simple like

Have 3 leds connected to 3 different pins. and set each LED to start off and then to turn each LED 1 second after the other and once the last LED is on they will all stay on.  The code runs every time the arduino receives power, so all it will need is a 5v power source within the computer (not the 5v that stays on) and then when you hit the on button the arduino will run its code and when done it will stay on.

Could even time how long your system takes to boot up and work the LED on delay into that.  So for example if your system takes 30 seconds to power on you set LED1 to flash for 10 seconds then stay on and then LED2 flashes for 10 seconds and stays on and then LED 3 flash for 10 seconds and stays on so by the time the code has finished running the system is fully booted up.
This is an example I have been playing around that comes pre loaded into the Arduino desktop program.  

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin 13 as an output.
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(13, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
}

This code turns the LED connected to pin13 on for a second and then off for a second and then repeats.

I have been playing around with this code for a bit.  This will turn the LED1 (connected to pin13) on for half a second and then off for half a second and when it hits 10 seconds it stays on for 5 seconds. 

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin 13 as an output.
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);   // turn the LED on 
  delay(500);              // wait for half a second
  digitalWrite(13, LOW);    // turn the LED off
}

You would just need to copy and paste the code for LED2 and change the 13 next to digitalWrite to what pin number LED2 is connected to, and then the same for LED3. 
I am still trying to work out how to set the above without making it loop, and I am limited to just using the LED on the board itself, still waiting on the rest of the parts to arrive, and then I can start having some fun :)

PLEASE do not use any of the code I posted, I am still new at this and the above is to give an idea of what is need. If you use this code you cannot hold me responsible. :)