ULTIMATE HACKING KEYBOARD:Modular Mechanical Keyboard

Agent181

source

So here is the Ultimate Hacking Keyboard 

Spoiler

uhk-with-keycluster-trackball-dark-bg.jp

whats-in-the-box.jpg

uhk-white-3_jpg_content-body-gallery.jpg uhk-orange_jpg_content-body-gallery.jpg uhk-navy-blue_jpg_content-body-gallery.j uhk-burgundy_jpg_content-body-gallery.jp 

So here is the Ultimate Hacking Keyboard a modular mechanical keyboard with many add-ons to make it your own.  

The halves are connected by precision-machined, hardened-steel guides mounted to the stainless steel plates that form the endoskeleton of the keyboard. These guides, combined with a pair of neodymium magnets, not only result in a smooth connect/split experience but also create supreme durability.   The UHK was never meant to be a black box. It’s very important for us to open up the design so that you can infinitely customize it to your needs. We know that this mindset pushes innovation forward and it resonates with many of you. Check out the GitHub repository for releases of UHK firmware, electronics design files, bootloaders, and the configuration application, Agent. With even more to come that will help with unique module design, etc.

The factory keymap is just the start! You can redefine the mapping in any way you see fit - and create multiple, custom, application-specific keymaps. Do you prefer exotic layouts? Looking for a Dvorak keyboard or a Colemak keyboard? Or do you want to use the Vim keymap? How about swapping Space and Mod? Any other crazy remapping ideas? Or do you just want to make your life a little easier with some convenient shortcuts? We’ve got you covered!

• A number of keymaps can be defined.
  • Within a keymap there are 4 layers (Base layer, Mod layer, Fn layer, Mouse layer).
  • By default the base layer is active. Other layers can be activated by keeping the relevant layer switcher key pressed ( Mod, Fn, or Mouse ). Any key of the base layer can be made a layer switcher key.
  • Within a layer any action can be bound to any key.
  • An action can be a key action, mouse action, macro action, or a keymap switcher action.
  • A key action emits a scancode like "L", along with optional modifiers, so it can also emit Left Shift + Left Alt + Tab, for example. These shortcuts compose with regular modifiers. A key action can also be dual-role which acts as a normal modifier, like Control when pressed along with another key but behaves as another key like Escape when pressed in itself.
  • A mouse action is move {left, right, up, down}, scroll {left, right , up, down}, or click {left, middle, right}.
  • A macro action is a sequence of key actions, mouse actions and delays.
  • A keymap switcher action switches to the specified keymap.
  • All the above items must fit into the 32 kbyte onboard EEPROM which basically means dozens of keymaps and macros.
  • Various other parameters can also be specified such as the speed and acceleration of the mouse pointer.

TL:DR another mech keyboard kickstarter.  

I will be waiting to see how this goes and if its a success I'l be picking one up.  Just remember don't pre-order but instead wait for it. :D

Edit: there is also a 3d render of the keyboard in the website with annotations if you want to get a closer look.

Sooo this keyboard will let me become a 1337 h4x0r?

Terrible name really.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I can't wait for all the people trashing it because they don't understand the mechanical keyboard community

Looks interesting but why would I split a keyboard in half in the middle? When I read fully customisable I thought you could for example put the space bar at the top. :)

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

for a "professional" keyboard it doesnt have a very professional name

Yeah the ultimate hacking keyboard should include like at least a build in raspberry pi (but closer to that intel stick really) and an LCD so it's actually it's own command line terminal in an of itself.

-------

Current Rig

-------

22 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

iVHfwLc.gif?noredirect

maxresdefault.jpg

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

iVHfwLc.gif?noredirect

This is hilarious ever time...

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

48 minutes ago, nims0c said:

This is hilarious ever time...

It's how the media portrays hacking, and how the general population sees it.

That or some ridiculous montage from the movie Hackers.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Really man? I mean people already do these kinds of things... I mean IMO the compromise involved isn't quite worth it.

*Cough cough*ERGODOX*COUGH COUGH*

People either build their own keyboards to suit their preferences or buy a prebuilt to get a quick solution. Its not as simple as building a PC is but hey, geekhack and deskthority have plenty members doing it (a.k.a Ergodox project). For a keyboard, I don't quite get what this middle ground is... 

@TheProfosist and @Charger, I believe you have something to say about this.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.