Grand Theft Auto V for the PC

LokiFire

First of all i cannot enjoy the game with maxed out eye candy, not like it will give me that much over what i am getting already.

Computer specs.

Phenom II X4 B55 @ 4.15ghz (unlocked x2 555 BE)

I was using a 990FX gigabyte but got a cheap deal on a used 790FX-GD70 it replaced the 990FX as the RAM slot went bad.

8GB DDR3 Kingston Hyper X Blue @ a decent 1708mhz (very high for Phenom)

1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 running at it's stock clock of 850mhz (EVGA Hydro Copper 2 FTW on air cooler)

ACER 1920x1080 75hz overclocked panel.

Game installed to the Samsung Spinpoint F1 RAID 0 array.

GTA_V_Logo_Transparent.png

Here i will show you screenshots of what i could achieve on my hardware with FPS rates of 45-60FPS Vsync (60hz)

VRAM = 1351mb used of 1536mb

Tesselation = high

Ambient Occlusion = High

Shadows = High

Shadows = NVIDIA PCSS

FXAA = on

MSAA = 2x

Normal Textures (VRAM limit)

16x Anisotropic Filtering

Shaders = High

Motion Blur = 35%

Water Quality = Normal

Particles = High

Grass Detail = Normal

Reflection MSAA = off

Population density = 40%

Population Variety = 80%

Distance Scaling = 50%

No extra graphical settings in Advanced Menu

qZDfbI.png

Spoiler

scT5Xm.png

fSykcX.png

BItKSz.png

VSL2og.png

UBNdSt.png

GASwzF.png

hsImAY.png

Now i am simply amazed at how far Rockstar has come since the god awful port of GTA IV, i still to this day cannot run GTA IV smooth and will hit under 30FPS when driving through the City.

Here in GTA V i can sit comfortably smooth only dropping as low as 45FPS whilst looking far superior to GTA IV in every way, they truly pulled it out of the bag on this one.

GTA V seems to use PC hardware to it's fullest and it truly shows, i can tweak so much more than i could with any previous iteration of GTA, and to top it off? the game is excellent, top banter and genuinely just fun to sink an hour or two.

The game is also far more alive and believable, it's not a drab ugly palette of dirt like GTA IV too!

10/10 would bang again!

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Nice I got the game during the Christmas sale for $35. Can't play it on my current laptop once I build my PC I'll be able to.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

my experience with the game was: too short. only fun thing is modding the shit out of it. last gta that iv played was san andreas back in the day in ps2 or some bullshit like that. i was disappointed. i couldn't even get my money back. goddammit

If i were you i would max out population density and population Variety, even if it forces you to lower other settings

Also i believe there is, like pretty much every other GTA game, a lot missing that i really miss from the previous titles

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

3 minutes ago, ben dover kid said:

my experience with the game was: too short. only fun thing is modding the shit out of it. last gta that iv played was san andreas back in the day in ps2 or some bullshit like that. i was disappointed. i couldn't even get my money back. goddammit

If you do all the side missions, and take time to roam around a little it can last quite a long time, although i have to say that the san andreas map was much more varied, which made roaming so much more fun

Also, you could stand on cars without falling off

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

21 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

If you do all the side missions, and take time to roam around a little it can last quite a long time, although i have to say that the san andreas map was much more varied, which made roaming so much more fun

Also, you could stand on cars without falling off

all the little things.. those are just bs. i wan't real shit, not the "oh pls drive this car over there, wipe my arse etc.." . also i don't enjoy the multiplayer. well, GTA is not for me.

7 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

my GTX 980 cant even max it out on 1080p

Well isn't Gta V pretty cpu intensive too?

19 minutes ago, Fungal said:

Well isn't Gta V pretty cpu intensive too?

7 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

yes it is

I recorded it, i drop to around 40FPS recording because i cannot use shadowplay with a GTX 580..

Video was recorded at 30FPS.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2016 at 5:20 AM, LokiFire said:

First of all i cannot enjoy the game with maxed out eye candy, not like it will give me that much over what i am getting already.

Computer specs.

Phenom II X4 B55 @ 4.15ghz (unlocked x2 555 BE)

I was using a 990FX gigabyte but got a cheap deal on a used 790FX-GD70 it replaced the 990FX as the RAM slot went bad.

8GB DDR3 Kingston Hyper X Blue @ a decent 1708mhz (very high for Phenom)

1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 running at it's stock clock of 850mhz (EVGA Hydro Copper 2 FTW on air cooler)

ACER 1920x1080 75hz overclocked panel.

Game installed to the Samsung Spinpoint F1 RAID 0 array.

GTA_V_Logo_Transparent.png

Here i will show you screenshots of what i could achieve on my hardware with FPS rates of 45-60FPS Vsync (60hz)

VRAM = 1351mb used of 1536mb

Tesselation = high

Ambient Occlusion = High

Shadows = High

Shadows = NVIDIA PCSS

FXAA = on

MSAA = 2x

Normal Textures (VRAM limit)

16x Anisotropic Filtering

Shaders = High

Motion Blur = 35%

Water Quality = Normal

Particles = High

Grass Detail = Normal

Reflection MSAA = off

Population density = 40%

Population Variety = 80%

Distance Scaling = 50%

No extra graphical settings in Advanced Menu

qZDfbI.png

Hidden Content

Now i am simply amazed at how far Rockstar has come since the god awful port of GTA IV, i still to this day cannot run GTA IV smooth and will hit under 30FPS when driving through the City.

Here in GTA V i can sit comfortably smooth only dropping as low as 45FPS whilst looking far superior to GTA IV in every way, they truly pulled it out of the bag on this one.

GTA V seems to use PC hardware to it's fullest and it truly shows, i can tweak so much more than i could with any previous iteration of GTA, and to top it off? the game is excellent, top banter and genuinely just fun to sink an hour or two.

The game is also far more alive and believable, it's not a drab ugly palette of dirt like GTA IV too!

10/10 would bang again!

Wait till you play online

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)