EVGA also unveils Hadron Hydro

chriswills

Along with the announcement of the EVGA Hadron mini itx case, EVGA has also showed the Hydro version which is said to support water cooling via an extended top portion where presumably a 240mm rad can be housed. 

post-6523-0-48098600-1378841389.jpg

the picture shows extensive aftermarket watercooling components linked to the top portion of the case via external loops through holes in the back 

no release date on the website as of yet 

Source: http://www.evga.com/articles/00777/#Hydro

I *knew* there was something odd when the name of the other case changed to "Hadron Air"... I immediately thought that it meant there would be a Hadron Water, or Hydro in this case.

What is that thing at the top? Some kind of clamp?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What is that thing at the top? Some kind of clamp?

i think its part of the loop, links the top portion to bottom portion where cpu, mobo etc. are.

For some reason I actually think the rad is built into the case, I remember seeing a early production sample somewhere that had the rad actually as an actual part of the case.

I can't believe they didn't do something about those damn fittings on the back though!

If it is a part of the case like the power supply, then this makes a lot of sense.  A case can only get so small before parts have to be a part of the chassis, just like how ultrabooks are able to be a lot thinner if the battery and other components are not user-replaceable.

hmm... I like EVGA but.... ugly ass case

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

hmm... I like EVGA but.... ugly ass case

running an itx system in a prodigy myself, i actually quite like it, especially the window, its just the psu that scares me, not enough watts and tiny little noisy fan 

running an itx system in a prodigy myself, i actually quite like it, especially the window, its just the psu that scares me, not enough watts and tiny little noisy fan 

You can power a Intel 4770k and a GTX Titan with a 450 Watt PSU. So you could also power almost everything you could fit in this case with a 500 Watt PSU ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

You can power a Intel 4770k and a GTX Titan with a 450 Watt PSU. So you could also power almost everything you could fit in this case with a 500 Watt PSU

but despite the fact that those are powerful components they are very power efficient, older high end components such as my old 6870, which i was planning to put in one of these, require more power

don t forget the evga case is about 1/2 the size of the prodigy. there has to be some compromises made...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Please, for the love of all that is holy, stop making front panels shiny, cmon....doesn't take any thought to see what will happen to it over time....

Either put solid plastic/mesh with filters on the front for airflow or quality metal with soundproofing material.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

but despite the fact that those are powerful components they are very power efficient, older high end components such as my old 6870, which i was planning to put in one of these, require more power

I don't want to disappoint you, but a 6870 draws much less power than a GTX Titan. MUUUUUUUCH less.

I don't want to disappoint you, but a 6870 draws much less power than a GTX Titan. MUUUUUUUCH less.

i havnt actually looked at the numbers, but why does the 6870 require a 500w psu minimum, if a titan can run on 450w 

well i have nothing to worry about then  :P

The 6870 has two 6 Pins - 2x75 + 25 Watt pcie connector itself = 175 Watt theoretical maximum allowed power draw of GPU. The actual power draw is under 100% load is actually lower.  A 4770k system (complete system without GPU) oced to 4.7 GHz draws about 150 Watt.

So together about 300 Watt (actually even less) at 100% CPU and 100% GPU load (this will never happen in a real world scenario!)

• 1 month later...

Still no uk release date for the air? I keep checking scan and still says pre-order

The ratios of that case are just wrong, it doesnt look right.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Shame there aren't many photos of it. I kind of liked the design of the Hadron Air and I think the Hadron Hydro looks nice but there are nicer looking cases (like Nanoxia)

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini