Is GTA V worth it?

tobin4
Go to solution Solved by Mazeman03,
Just now, tobin4 said:

Yeah thats what I am afraid of happening to me. I played so much of xbox that I might get bored too easily on pc.

i got it thinking i was going to play it alot and nope i dont even have it installed right now i play it so little.

I played GTA V on xbox 360 and xbox One before the pc release and to say the least i have loved the game. I play GTA online on xbone because that what all my friends have (sadly), but would it be worth it if I could pick it up for sale for pc to mess around with mods and that kind of stuff. I probably wont go near gta online much because all I hear about is all the hackers. Thanks in advance.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

if you can get it fro dirt cheap. i played over 1k hours on ps3 and on pc i have like 20 hours and i modded the shit out of it. 

so not really worth it IMO

1010011010/29A

Why does everyone say that there is alot of hackers, in my 150 hours of online playtime i have not seen more than 3 or 4 hackers...

3 minutes ago, tobin4 said:

I played GTA V on xbox 360 and xbox One before the pc release and to say the least i have loved the game. I play GTA online on xbone because that what all my friends have (sadly), but would it be worth it if I could pick it up for sale for pc to mess around with mods and that kind of stuff. I probably wont go near gta online much because all I hear about is all the hackers. Thanks in advance.

Online is only fun with friends. It gets boring without anyone. The storyline is amazing!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Mazeman03 said:

if you can get it fro dirt cheap. i played over 1k hours on ps3 and on pc i have like 20 hours and i modded the shit out of it. 

so not really worth it IMO

Yeah thats what I am afraid of happening to me. I played so much of xbox that I might get bored too easily on pc.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Online is only fun with friends. It gets boring without anyone. The storyline is amazing!

I agree. But I already finished the storyline once.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

Just now, tobin4 said:

i got it thinking i was going to play it alot and nope i dont even have it installed right now i play it so little.

1010011010/29A

Just now, Mazeman03 said:

Okay thanks. I think I'll just stick to playing with my friends on xbox and If I find it for a steal then I might pick it up for pc.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

Why the fuck do people care if there's hackers online?

It's not a competitive game, who gives a shit.

Hackers made me rich, dropping thousands of dollars out of the sky, it was awesome.

8 minutes ago, tobin4 said:

I agree. But I already finished the storyline once.

But one thing, The game is over 60GB on steam. So ready your internet connection! xD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Hackers made me rich, dropping thousands of dollars out of the sky, it was awesome.

hackers made poor took my money, i had it happened one where they took my money and i got in a new lobby and my money was back but this time nope all my money gone, new lobby still gone, reset game still gone, all 3 mill of it that i grinded for months to get. rockstar didn't belive me and didn't refund me. but like the story mode better anyways 

1010011010/29A

I don't know, mods aren't really THAT fun. Maybe if you could find it for 15-20 bucks it would be worth it. But looks like you probably have tons of time on the other versions of the game.

3 hours ago, Hunched said:

Well.. for one, even being the recipient of that free money can get you banned, even if you weren't able to control it.  Also, it is a competitive game..  with the races and death match and all the other crap where you COMPETE against other players.. kind of sucks when they are cheating.  And the most annoying part about the hackers is when they follow you around killing you for no reason, or start spawning crap on/around you.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

1 hour ago, Mazeman03 said:

i got it 3 days ago and its the best game i ever played so far?

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

i got it 3 days ago and its the best game i ever played so far?

i got it the day it came out for ps3 put well over 1k hours in it and now never play it. and thats what the OP did idk how many hours be he had it  on xbox, yes when you first get it its fun.

1010011010/29A

I'm at 924 hrs on the PC version alone... It's worth it in my book. :D

I always recommend rolling with friends, or at least an online community, rather than striking it out on your own.  This way, you can avoid any cheaters by staying in private sessions, get help with your Daily Objectives, and be more social rather than being mowed down for no reason.  I haven't touched the mods, but there are a few multiplayer alternatives out already if that's your thing that support mods and scripts and such (at the moment, the main ones are FiveM, GTAV:MP, and GTA Co-Op).

If you're content with the XB1 version, then stay there unless you are dead-set on the mods.

[witty signature]

I haven't upgraded to the PC version yet, but I loved the 360 version. LOTS of stuff to do, great storylines, and online was pretty fun too.

Obviously, it doesn't hurt to wait for a sale or something, but I'd still go for it.

Imo go for it if you enjoy the game.

Also there are crazy ammount of mods to make the game more unique.

I literally have spent hours modding the game and trying them out.