Drone falls down into the crowd at Festival de Talca in Chile injuring three people

pguasta

5D2SH87K.jpg

I guess this accident was a matter of time to happen.

It happened at the closure night of the Festival de Talca here in Chile. It resulted in three lightly injured people. The drone was attacked from the crowd with a “boleadoras” that shut down two of its motors. The operator preferred to bring down the drone in semi controlled way, not deploying the parachutes.

Authorities are now discussing who the fault is. That could be the Municipality, National television (TVN, who was broadcasting the event), the company that produced the festival or the company that was operating the drone. The fines could range from one million pesos (around 1,369 USD) to 120 million pesos (around 164,383 USD)

I hope this is not a world first, that wouldn’t be very honorific to Chile U_u

Source: http://impresa.lasegunda.com/2016/02/15/A/fullpage#slider-18 (in spanish)

*I edited the figures of chilean pesos to use a comma, since you use that for the thousands instead of the point.

Wait you're telling me the equivalent of 1,000,000 Pesos, is about 1 US dollar?

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

"drones" in their current state are really a poor implementation, just too unreliable for any use.

The crowd damaged it... so it crashed.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

The crowd damaged it... so it crashed.

I know, I was just speaking for drones in general, it seems like drones either crash from stupid people or "mechanical failure". Either way, the fact that someone thought it was a good idea to hover a drone over a crowd of people is just stupid.

4 minutes ago, Whorax said:

Actually, it says $1.369. That is a dollar and thirty seven cents, rounded.

In different parts of the world the "." and "," get switched.

Just now, DEcobra11 said:

No, dot is for thousands in Chile and where I live :P

I figured, but since the OP was talking about USD he technically said $1.37, whereas $1,369 would've been the correct way to notate it (if the word notate can be applicable here?). Lol.

Nonetheless, I understood it since I kinda have a basic grasp on how countries do their currencies; I was just nitpicking for the sake of being a dick.:P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I edited the figures to be more understandable for the American people.
The reason for bring it down?...I suppose we Chileans are not civilized, I don't know -_-

Crowd fault - damaged the drone.

Drone operator fault - this moron didn't know that - motors>off parachutes>on I know that there was no time to react but these are basic things.. Hmm.. If there was some kind of software that decided what to do.. For example instantaneously diagnose itself and decide whether to support itself with left motors or turn them off or if there was a possibility to swing in some safe place before actually crashing.. Can't wait for semi-autonomous drones!

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

2 minutes ago, pguasta said:

The reason for bring it down?...I suppose we Chileans are not civilized, I don't know -_-

damn bloody uneducated americans;)

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

1 hour ago, DEcobra11 said:

It clearly says 1369 $

No he edited the post, it used to say 1.369 he didn't have a comma.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

2 hours ago, pguasta said:

Get a crowed of people together in any country and eventually one or two will try to do something like this.

Idiocy does not discriminate, it doesn't care about gender, age, race, religion, political stance, ideologies, sexual preference.

1 hour ago, DEcobra11 said:

The comma was added later for the USA nitpickers

And good thing he did.

Why are they trying to decide which company's fault it is?

It's the dumbasses that threw crap at it who are at fault

That's like blaming the airlines for 9/11, it's stupid

17 hours ago, Allshevski said:

Crowd fault - damaged the drone.

Drone operator fault - this moron didn't know that - motors>off parachutes>on I know that there was no time to react but these are basic things.. Hmm.. If there was some kind of software that decided what to do.. For example instantaneously diagnose itself and decide whether to support itself with left motors or turn them off or if there was a possibility to swing in some safe place before actually crashing.. Can't wait for semi-autonomous drones!

Have you seen the Intel real sense drones (firefly)!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

30 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

Have you seen the Intel real sense drones (firefly)!

I have. That's what I'm talking about. Drone that won't hurt anybody but let you enjoy controlling it when everything is okay.. Imagine that.. You fly straight into a tree but it does nothing. Only if it sees that there is no way of you avoiding the collision, it takes control over itself and tries to do everything as safe as possible. The same with cars. Before fully autonomous cars become real, things like that could a) gather data, b) save people.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Dafuq ? It's like shooting a missile at a plane and blaming the airline that the debris from the plane killed someone ...