FX9590 Project Cool Down

Spannerhands
Go to solution Solved by Spannerhands,

This have now been moved to a new build log thread:-

FX9590 Project Cool Down V2 AMD OVERKILL

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/236684-fx9590-project-cool-down-v2-amd-overkill/

Pretty awesome, those noctuas must cost more than the mobo :).

Nearly :-P

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Sorry can't remember but was a UK website..

<_<

I've been searching for more than a week, and can't find... :(

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

I think they sell that one on Frozencpu otherwise judt search box radiator.

<_<

I've been searching for more than a week, and can't find... :(

Found it...

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Watercool-MO-RA3-LT-360-Black_37559.html

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

I don't really like that new case. Are your temps any different?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I like the idea. most people with desktops dont take them around to many places, so to have an awesome feature like that at the expense of a permanent setup is a great idea.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Question on that rad BTW. Obviously 3 rads is going to be overkill for most situations but since most regular 360mm rads can go up to 80mm thickness like the Monstaas, I'm wondering how this box rad would compare to a single or dual 80mm rad  since it seems like it's just a metal frame with 3x 360 rads stuck to each other. Anyway, I like this build and it's certainly overkill. I'm not sure why you would need something like this -but- if you had a higher budget I'd love to see this done with multiple box rads and Haswell-E's because why not? :P

Amazing build! I have never seen a computer use a rad as big as that before. lol

Standard Clock

Idle 27c

Full Load (prime) 43c

5.2 Ghz

Idle 30c

Full Load (prime) 52c

:o

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Question on that rad BTW. Obviously 3 rads is going to be overkill for most situations but since most regular 360mm rads can go up to 80mm thickness like the Monstaas, I'm wondering how this box rad would compare to a single or dual 80mm rad since it seems like it's just a metal frame with 3x 360 rads stuck to each other. Anyway, I like this build and it's certainly overkill. I'm not sure why you would need something like this -but- if you had a higher budget I'd love to see this done with multiple box rads and Haswell-E's because why not? :P

It has the same number of cooling pipes as 4 x 360mm rads, it's not overkill as this system is totally silent due to the low fan rpms which was the idea...

If you want to see extreme wait until you see the mark 2...

Amazing build! I have never seen a computer use a rad as big as that before. lol

:o

You may have kittens when you see what's coming up next....

Mounted the rad standoffs to a sheet of 10mm acrylic, and then attached heavy duty picture frame brackets to the acrylic and then hung it on the wall...

Why not mount that radiator on an AC unit? Just imagine how much overclocking you could do then. 6GHz here we come!

Why not, it's been proven time and again that there is no difference between push and pull performance even with NF-F12s.

Guy, the two ways you could mount the fans on the back would be absolutely pointless! The air would either be pulled though the radiator but get trapped since there would be no room to escape from, or the fans would be trying to pull air from the wall, think about these things before you bring them up.

Love the overkill. I have one of those fan controllers, found it on Ebay for about £5.00 and works perfectly.

Where do you go from here ?

Nothing to see here - move along.

Love the overkill. I have one of those fan controllers, found it on Ebay for about £5.00 and works perfectly.

Where do you go from here ?

Have a prototype system in work currently running once its fully sorted and installed you will see...

• 4 months later...

Looks really nice but that is so much over kill it's silly. As an enthusiast - we all love overkill. (I run quad titans ffs) but you would achieve the same exact temperatures with 25% of the rad you have there.

Saving grace - you can add another 2 pcs in the future :P

• 4 months later...

What exactly did you do to get 5.3 GHz stable? Got 1 in my system right now with XSPC 560 With 16 Fans Modded. I want to know so don't worry i won't damage as the temps are very low on here. I need Exact Voltage and Ect from Bios. I have Sabertooth r2.0 

What exactly did you do to get 5.3 GHz stable? Got 1 in my system right now with XSPC 560 With 16 Fans Modded. I want to know so don't worry i won't damage as the temps are very low on here. I need Exact Voltage and Ect from Bios. I have Sabertooth r2.0

Hi first off, when you overclocked a cpu the settings are custom to that particular setup, and my motherboard, so you will have to follow some guides and work your way upto the best OC you can get, there are no real short cuts sadly...

Second I had to water cool my VRM's because they got very hot!

PS I personally not had much success OC'ing on the Sabertooth with FX9590, might be down to power delivery?

Good luck and have fun!

Changed the CASE to a Aerocool Strike-X Air

10901972993_37b7af74a5_b.jpg

Ah I had forgotten about that case... I approve of your use of it though.  

1 Timothy 1:15

Ah I had forgotten about that case... I approve of your use of it though.  

Thanks however the pc is no longer in that case.... : -) build log coming soon : -) 

Hi first off, when you overclocked a cpu the settings are custom to that particular setup, and my motherboard, so you will have to follow some guides and work your way upto the best OC you can get, there are no real short cuts sadly...

Second I had to water cool my VRM's because they got very hot!

PS I personally not had much success OC'ing on the Sabertooth with FX9590, might be down to power delivery?

Good luck and have fun!

VRM is also being chilled on here. But you can give me the exact OC settings and i can try on here. The mobo did have a update to address this. All i need is the settings then that's all.

VRM is also being chilled on here. But you can give me the exact OC settings and i can try on here. The mobo did have a update to address this. All i need is the settings then that's all.

My settings won't work, all that will happen is your system won't post or worse you damage something, I spent hours changing and tweaking settings to get it stable, I built a few systems now and I can't even copy the settings between same hardware, always different settings an tweaks! Have a go yourself and post your settings and results in the cpu & motherboard section in the forum and I or someone else will let you know other things you can try and get the most out of your OC.

My settings won't work, all that will happen is your system won't post or worse you damage something, I spent hours changing and tweaking settings to get it stable, I built a few systems now and I can't even copy the settings between same hardware, always different settings an tweaks! Have a go yourself and post your settings and results in the cpu & motherboard section in the forum and I or someone else will let you know other things you can try and get the most out of your OC.

Well my whole system is OC'ed just want my CPU top of the game. But i will do that thanks.