What frustrates you in Audio ?

Ridska

Ridska here , 

I wanted to ask this fundamental question for you all. 

What frustrates you in Audio and in the audio markets ? What  audio instrument or  audio product genre makes you puff  air out because of frustration ? 

This might be a dumb question to ask but for me this question is important.

Thanks and stay groovie.

(⌐■_■) 

$500 audiophile cables

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I hate when companies try and match the consumer thought of "NEEDS MORE BASE". Also when at things like craft shows where all the sound is horrible because the the speakers don't sound the same in the booth where the people controlling it are. It sounds OK there but everywhere else is horrible.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

Just now, NTF5252 said:

*bass :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

*bass :)

Oops. y'al R gonna hav tu liv wit id.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

$500 audiophile cables

Yes that makes no sense.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

7 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

I hate when companies try and match the consumer thought of "NEEDS MORE BASE". Also when at things like craft shows where all the sound is horrible because the the speakers don't sound the same in the booth where the people controlling it are. It sounds OK there but everywhere else is horrible.

Could you please go into further detail on this ? 

(⌐■_■) 

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Yes that makes no sense.

Do they do this because of the model of the headphone or just in general ?

(⌐■_■) 

The company thing is when they add artificial base to anything and then consumers learn enough about equalizers to make the bass to high.

The craft show thing is just people who aren't very good with electronics trying to set up stuff.

1 minute ago, NTF5252 said:

The craft show thing is just people who aren't very good with electronics trying to set up stuff.

Could you give a good example of this ?/

I'm not asking too much , Am I ?

(⌐■_■) 

1 minute ago, Ridska said:

This kind of stuff. I personally haven't seen anything at $500 recently(i have in the past) 

Just now, Ridska said:

Could you give a good example of this ?/

I'm not asking too much , Am I ?

Like a craft show where vendors all go to generally a convention center or a park and sell stuff like jewelry and the like.

At a larger one in Sioux City the music they play is all off and stuff. What more of an example do you want?

Just now, iShad said:

There are plenty, for example silver dragon: http://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-cable-audeze-headphones.html

Yeah i didn't say it didn't exist I just avoid looking for stupid things.

Other type of beef with audio decides cables guys ?

(⌐■_■) 

The most frustrating thing? 

Easy: How difficult it is to get your hands on lossless music from popular artists (without actually buying the CD, or pirating).

5 minutes ago, Hammer said:

The most frustrating thing? 

Easy: How difficult it is to get your hands on lossless music from popular artists (without actually buying the CD, or pirating).

Thats music in general , I'm talking about the instruments like headphones and speaker microphones and painos guitars ect. That type of thing. 

Edit : But good point nevertheless.

(⌐■_■) 

56 minutes ago, Ridska said:

It's more a speaker thing, but there is also headphones where you can buy cables that cost from 50$ to 1000$.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I'll quote myself from a different thread

21 hours ago, Volbet said:

The pricing of audio gear. 

Just think about how overpriced some high-end audio gear is. 

He1000s are $3000. I refuse to believe that they are twice as good as the HD800s (which are also overpriced as hell), and I doubt even more that they are 6 times as good as the He400is.

I know of the law of diminishing returns, but there has to be some reason to the madness. 

And just think about the new Orpheus headphones. They are $50.000, and they will only open up for headphones that are even more expensive. 

I see that cables have already been taken care of. The price of cables also annoy the ever living shit out of me. 

Another thing that annoys me is the amount of snakeoil being sold. A USB filtter/purifier comes to mind: http://www.hdphonic.com/en/hardware/ifi-ipurifier/

And that is only one example of that specific case of bullshit.

Another example would be the "Audiophile grade" micro SD card from Sony: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/02/sony-will-sell-a-premium-sound-microsdxc-card-to-audiophiles-in-japan/

This doesn't just hurt because of the sheer stupidity of the product. It hurts even more becuase it's Sony that is making it.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

So... I am no where near as knowledgeable as a lot of people. I just know simple things and mistakes people make like headsets vs headphones + mic, or closed vs open ect. Though this is more of the Audio community then the market, Coming from someone who owns the Hyper X Clouds, I hate how people recommend them left and right. Right now on the latest LTT video, some dude asked for headphones and stated he had a Blue Yeti, like 4 people keep recommending the Hyper X clouds stating they are the best for the money even though many people keep telling them no, asking how do the clouds beat say the HD598s or M40s/50s.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

So let me make a round up for this :

Headphone and speaker cable sneak oil BS. Companies adding '' MORE BASS BRUUUUHHVV '' style of headphones.

Marketing BS as well. Over recommended products with no recommendation to other evenly match products.

Am i missing something over here or ?

(⌐■_■) 

Pretty sure we just had a thread on this exact subject. Either we're all an extremely annoyed, frustrated bunch, or people need to check before posting new topics. o.O

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

Pretty sure we just had a thread on this exact subject. Either we're all an extremely annoyed, frustrated bunch, or people need to check before posting new topics. o.O

Done this thread because your frustration is my fuel for innovation. from frustration comes innovation.

(⌐■_■) 

4 minutes ago, Ridska said:

Done this thread because your frustration is my fuel for innovation. from frustration comes innovation.

What on earth are you talking about.

And that being said , its off with me to the drawing boards.

Cable part is going to be 5 % easy because Finland manufactures cables ( this is where tesla gets its cables ) and the rest 95 % is going to be hard like any other business . 

Sound of bass headed headphones , Well Ill come up with something.

(⌐■_■)