Straw poll on what to upgrade in PC!

Hey guys please vote on this straw pole for what I should do next with my pc ---  http://strawpoll.me/6698847   ---

i originally posted this on Twitter so instead of tweeting me reply over here. Happy voting! Yay:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, AsraX1 said:

Hey guys please vote on this straw pole for what I should do next with my pc ---  http://strawpoll.me/6698847   ---

i originally posted this on Twitter so instead of tweeting me reply over here. Happy voting! Yay:ph34r:

None of those upgrades make any sense.....

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just get a 390 if you want that resolution, better than a 970

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

None of those upgrades make any sense.....

So what sort of upgrades should I make?

8 minutes ago, AsraX1 said:

what's your actual rig?

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Are you noticing any lack in performance when you play games? If you think you want better performance, you can use an overlay program like NZXT CAM or MSI Afterburner to see what parts of the system are bottlenecking performance, and then you'll know what to upgrade.

I like good humans and good food

"Upgrade" from. Gtx 970 to R9 380, lol what?

970 > 380

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

Very new here so haven't posted my rig yet so

CPU - I5 4590  

GPU - Sapphire dual x r9 280 (not x)

HDD - WD Blues (not gonna upgrade to ssd)

RAM - 8gb hyper x 

etc anything else you need to know just ask.

3 minutes ago, ReesZRB said:

Instead of getting 970 get the R9 390 It's 10-15% more powerful

I was thinking of that too.

5 minutes ago, ShiroArikawa said:

"Upgrade" from. Gtx 970 to R9 380, lol what?

970 > 380

In the poll its r9 280 to GTX 970 I could "upgrade to a GTX 970 from a r9 280"

6 minutes ago, colinreay said:

Are you noticing any lack in performance when you play games? If you think you want better performance, you can use an overlay program like NZXT CAM or MSI Afterburner to see what parts of the system are bottlenecking performance, and then you'll know what to upgrade.

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow right now it's late night where I live :)

9 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Just get a 390 if you want that resolution, better than a 970

Seems like that's what everyones saying. Thanks.

You could have just posted one comment replying to the three.

OT: get another monitor.

Just now, MeshFile said:

You could have just posted one comment replying to the three.

OT: get another monitor.

Oh, still very new here, will certainly do that!

About the monitor, I just bought the monitor a few months ago and I would most likely have to get a much better GPU to game on 2 2560x1080 monitors

20 minutes ago, AsraX1 said:

So what sort of upgrades should I make?

changing between those GPUs would not really change performance much

Changing between those CPUs would not really change performance

Changing to micro ATX will not change performance

Save up, and do a big upgrade, or get more SSD, or a better monitor or new chair your PC seems fine 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

7 minutes ago, AsraX1 said:

Oh, still very new here, will certainly do that!

About the monitor, I just bought the monitor a few months ago and I would most likely have to get a much better GPU to game on 2 2560x1080 monitors

"gaming" on 2 monitors is awkward. There's bezel on the center. You can just open a web browser on the other one and do stuff while waiting for something in-game.

Your goal may be different, so consider the doubling of your screen real estate as a big impact purchase without replacing any parts on your system an idea if you don't need fps improvements in your game.

I could also just get something else and just wait for pascale and AMD's new thing.

1 minute ago, MeshFile said:

"gaming" on 2 monitors is awkward. There's bezel on the center. You can just open a web browser on the other one and do stuff while waiting for something in-game.

Your goal may be different, but doubling your screen real estate big impact purchase without replacing any parts on your system.

Problem is that to get one of those monitors again is gonna be a ton of money (I have to import it) since hardly anything is available in my country.

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

changing between those GPUs would not really change performance much

Changing between those CPUs would not really change performance

Changing to micro ATX will not change performance

Save up, and do a big upgrade, or get more SSD, or a better monitor or new chair your PC seems fine 

Good points thanks, was thinking of saving up later on to go to the real "high end gaming", might do that. For the monitor, it's a pretty good monitor, I just updated my pc specs, so you might have seen the old 21" Samsung, now it's a 34" lg monitor so it's all good. I was originally going to get a chair, but can't get one in my country and importing one was WAY too much, the only other good chair brand here is Herman Miller....and well their chairs and basically the price as some of our PCs. Lol