Is Getting Into Rocket League Possible?

I've had a lot of people telling me how good Rocket League is and I was wondering if everyone is already too far ahead in terms of skill?

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Generic Dell: Mobo, 8gb RAM, 430w PSU, 1TB Storage, XPS 8700 Case

Even though I didn't consider myself skilled, it was really fun to play with other people, even if I did awful.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

it should match make you pretty quickly with similar ranked players, it's probably best to get into it around a sale when new players are introduced but I would imagine it would be fine even now. I was playing ranked recently and I was unranked on 1v1 and there were a ton of rookies that were terrible(I was a rookie too at some point and also was terrible). I would just go for it, if you have some one to play it with it's tons better 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I wouldn't say so.

I got it a few days ago, it's better than I was expecting. Really fun, and I'm pretty sure it skill matches... So you'll be playing against people of a similar skill 

You can always consider it as a "Trial by fire". And remember that you always learn more from a loss than you do from a victory.

Don't worry about skill. You'll get better the more you play.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Absolutely not especially that with the new season a whole new ranking system will be introduced so you will have a fair chance at getting the best rank you can and will be matched with equal players. I would say that it would help to have a friend that already plays the game to guide you a bit but there are a lot of guides on YouTube that you could watch which will help you play better. I've sunk in 352h into the game so far and I'm still learning and make mistakes. I would advise that you use a controller and have it set up so that you never have to move your fingers off your boost and jump. Learn to use the hand break effectively and switch between the two different camera modes to give you a better awareness.

If you aren't good or are worried about a skill gap just play public matches and not competitive. The people that play non-competitive are horrible. You'll be fine.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I suck but I love it

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Just get it, it's fun. Nothing wrong with being bad, especially since you can just play casual and be fine.

I used to be quite active here.

you'll be a bit behind if you are aiming for the pro's... but if you are just trying to have fun, then go for it!  I got it a couple weeks ago and it is a blast!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

You can get good pretty quickly. Something like aerial control will be harder, but flying in games usually is.

Good gamesense is really important in RL. Like when to go aggressive and when to leave some room for your teammates. And when to stay on defense instead of all of you going after ball.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's ABSOLUTELY not to late to get into it. I actually just bought the game about a week ago and I've been obsessed with it ever since. It's so incredibly fun and there's plenty of other scrubs out there so don't worry (PS4 users got it free for a month with PS+) and there's cross play between PC and PS4 so there's plenty of people to find a match quickly. Actually that's one of my favorite things. After playing Halo 5 on Xbox One, the matchmaking and  load times seem instantaneous. 

After a couple matches I was doing great, At least 1 goal per game, and within 5-10 hours I was dominating, getting MVP almost every other match and even got 2 hat tricks in one game. It's crazy fun. Get it, don't look back.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

On 1/31/2016 at 7:48 AM, Gale said:

Don't worry about skill. You'll get better the more you play.

^ This. Plus, Rocket League is ridiculously fun.

Just saying, though. Gale, I have to say this, you look pretty :D

I'd say yes and no.

I recently got into gold for 2v2's and have been solidly stuck in G1 for a while now, ive noticed that almost everyone i'm playing with is progressing with at the same speed that I am. I;m at around 200 hours and have spent almost all of that purely playing ranked.

But saying that, 100% go for it, non ranked play is hidden mmr and level based, so you're never going to feel out of your depth. It might take a little while for it to adjust to your playing if you play extremely well, or extremely badly when you first start, but its hands down one of the most fun games i've ever played, and since new players are joining all the time youll never feel like youre playing against people who are way above you.

However, stay away from ranked for a while, if you do get it I'd practice a tonne before delving into it as even now (im bronze 3v3 because I don't like it as much) i find it impossible to get any higher as theres lots of people like me and I just end up playing against people in the same boat. 

Tl;DR get it! Its so much fun and when you start hitting your first aerials you'll feel like a god

You people and your TL'DR posts >_>

Short answer: Still playable, just do it!

Less Short answer: I got it around launch and play it off and on again. I will neither confirm or deny my pro level skills (i'm mlg pro) but sometimes it's all about luck in this game. Sometimes I'm reversing and accidentally knock in a goal! Other times I try my hardest and can never get it in! (tis' what he said)

RL is good at matching skills so you should be fine either way. If not, just play the tutorial and learn to play like me ;) 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I just bought it a week ago and I love it. I got a used Xbox one controller, as its easier to use than keyboard (more precise).

Starting out, you are placed as a rookie. Rookies try to touch the ball, and somehow make goals. Nobody knows how to jump / aerial. Kind of depends on luck. No defence required.

Semi-Pro: Are ok, but still have a lot of bad games. A guys can do aerials. Games are fun, but a bit more challenging. Somtimes you are teamed up with pro's. A bit of defence helps.

Pro: Big skill gap here. Becomes a lot more difficult. Most people can do a few simple aerials. You need to play defence.

Veteran / experts: Uwnt M8, Me rext U Skrubs. Ur Mom. 720 No scope.

here is a clip of some of my aerials:

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

I would say not at all.  I actually picked this game up a few days ago.  It is really fun even if you aren't that good.  You will get the hang of it eventually.  If you are playing on PC i HIGHLY suggest getting a controller.  a Keyboard and mouse will not cut it. 

There is a Deal in one of the Sub forums here.. I think it was GMG games? Where you can get the PC version for 12.80$.  Worth it in my opinion. 

Go for it, 100%. I didn't play it for the longest time, but I finally tried it out and I immediately fell in love with it. I was pretty terrible at first too, but once I got into it I was getting somewhat decent. Regardless, it's tons of fun whether you're winning or losing.