Like CSGO WS plugins? Yeah, they're banned now.

niofalpha

Original sources:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-29-why-counter-strike-global-offensive-players-are-upset-at-valves-community-server-clampdown

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/server_guidelines/

Allowing players to claim temporary ownership of CS:GO items that are not in their inventory (Weapon skins, knives, etc.).
Providing a falsified competitive skill group and/or profile rank status or scoreboard coin (e.g., Operation Challenge Coins).
Interfering with systems that allow players to correctly access their own CS:GO inventories, items, or profile.
[To clarify: it is also not acceptable to provide players with custom models and/or weapon skins that do not exist in the CS:GO ecosystem]

Yeah, no. I don't see why Valve should do this. This does nothing, good for it. 

Valves starting to dig it seems. Valve money whoring to the max. 

For those of you who don't know what this is, it's a plugin which makes it so you can put custom skins on guns in certain community based servers.

Am I the only one that feels like the reactions would be completely different if this was like Ubisoft, or anyone other than Valve, CD Projekt Red, or Bethesda?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Sounds like a good thing to me. 

It is their software, it up to them to allow or dis-allow such things.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Yeah they can decide, but WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK MAN? You like the idea of clamping down on modding?

No, but I read the reason they claim to be doing for and I agree.

If they allow things like for example World of Warcraft plugins then sure I'm all for it but when the plugin is doing this;

"Allowing players to claim temporary ownership of CS:GO items that are not in their inventory (Weapon skins, knives, etc.).

Providing a falsified competitive skill group and/or profile rank status or scoreboard coin (e.g., Operation Challenge Coins).

Interfering with systems that allow players to correctly access their own CS:GO inventories, items, or profile."

Then I will agree with the reason for doing it.

I am not against modding in the least. You need to calm down.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

No, but I read the reason they claim to be doing for and I agree.

If they allow things like for example World of Warcraft plugins then sure I'm all for it but when the plugin is doing this;

Then I will agree with the reason for doing it.

I am not against modding in the least.

... The amount of hypocrisy in this comment...

You realize it's also banning custom knifes, and skins from being used on community servers right?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

You realize it's also banning custom knifes, and skins from being used on community servers right?

I'm not having this argument. There was nothing hypocritical about what I what is said.

I read the article, I agreed for the reasons for the actions taken,  if the there is more behind the article going on (which there may be) then I can change my stance but I am commenting on what was posted.

Do not attack me for giving my input. 

*edit

This is not the first time a gaming company has closed down modding for modders going over the line. Give it time and I am sure they will open up modding again after working out a way to limit such mods from breaking what they deem as cheating.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

They did a strike-through of the clarify line;

[To clarify: it is also not acceptable to provide players with custom models and/or weapon skins that do not exist in the CS:GO ecosystem]

So, it seems that custom models/skins that don't exist in the market ecosystem are fine, but everything else is still banned.

Pretty much 100% bullshit if you ask me. If it wasn't for modding Valve wouldn't have any of the games they have.

I'm not having this argument. There was nothing hypocritical about what I what is said.

I read the article, I agreed for the reasons for the actions taken,  if the there is more behind the article going on (which there may be) then I can change my stance but I am commenting on what was posted.

Do not attack me for giving my input. 

... You basically said "I support Valve banning modded guns"

Followed by "I support modding"

So, it seems that custom models/skins that don't exist in the market ecosystem are fine, but everything else is still banned.

Pretty much 100% bullshit if you ask me. If it wasn't for modding Valve wouldn't have any of the games they have.

To be honest 95% of the skins used on servers with WS commands aren't in the game. Like the Glock Dragonlore, or the M4A1-S Fire Serpent.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

... You basically said "I support Valve banning modded guns"

Followed by "I support modding"

To be honest 95% of the skins used on servers with WS commands aren't in the game. Like the Glock Dragonlore, or the M4A1-S Fire Serpent.

No I said I support what they did for why they did it. Read what I wrote.

Edited by SansVarnic

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

No I said I support what did for why they did it. Read what I wrote.

I'm just gonna assume you're trolling at this point...

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I'm just gonna assume you're trolling at this point...

I don't troll. You just cant read.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well rip community servers that allow it.

Glad i ditched csgo and sold all of my skins before more stuff gets ruined.

I can't stop there isn't another tactical fps game like csgo. And Moba's are too hard for me. My mind works like ohh look over there a head, click the head

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

I don't troll. You just cant read.

You missed a they in your comment I think you meant

No I said I support what they did for why they did it.

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

You missed a they in your comment I think you meant

No I said I support what they did for why they did it.

Thanks, I typed it kinda fast, Fixed.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I don't understand not allowing skins that don't exist or that aren't in your inventory. So what if someone wants a dlore or butterfly slaughter in a community server, how does that ruin anyone else experience? Its not like they can use them in valve servers, and I doubt esea/cevo/faceit allows them either.(I don't play on any them so I don't know for sure)

This kind of seems like them going to far to protect one of there golden geese.

WS and !knife Plugins have been banned for months :L its just that most server edited the source code so valves bots didnt detect that the server was running the plugins.

The new news post only relates to custom weapon models and valve have also retracted their statement.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

I would re-read the QA part at the bottom, it still seems like there are not allowing them.

(1) Do mods that provide custom knives (e.g., ‘vanilla’ Karambit or Bayonet knives) fall under the same restrictions as mods that spoof other inventory items like weapon skins or display items?

Yes, these mods fall under the same restrictions because they are generating/simulating items that are not owned by a player.

(2) Do mods that provide custom knives or weapons fall under these same restrictions when the items are only visible to the player holding the weapon?

Yes. Regardless of who can see the items, mods should not generate/simulate items that are not owned by a player.

I can't stop there isn't another tactical fps game like csgo. And Moba's are too hard for me. My mind works like ohh look over there a head, click the head

There are...

I play Day of Defeat and other games now that don't put a lot of stress like CS:GO does.

Sounds like a good thing to me. 

It is their software, it up to them to allow or dis-allow such things.

Valve does it: Yeah, great thing for the game and it's their software so no problem there!

Anyone else does it: HERETICS! BURN THEM ALIVE! HOW DARE THEY!

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Valve does it: Yeah, great thing for the game and it's their software so no problem there!

Anyone else does it: HERETICS! BURN THEM ALIVE! HOW DARE THEY!

I do have same regard for all game/software makers, its their software.

For the record I cant stand CSGO.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

So is the game less fun when you don't have a specific skin? I personally don't care what my gun looks like (then again I mostly just pick up other people's guns when they die) so maybe I'm missing something that might make the game more enjoyable.

-KuJoe

CS:GO just needs to die. People take it way too seriously, and it's ruining the FPS market.

It won't anytime soon, there is way too much money in it. Plus its getting bigger as a spectator-event every year.

Also, how is it ruining anything?

Whatever happened to you owning a game once you buy it?

Now its just like you buy the privilege of playing it, and that can be redacted at any time.