LTT Forums 2.0

iamdarkyoshi

So as most of you should be aware of by now, tomorrow, the 30th, these forums will (in theory) be going down. For good. And being replaced with the NEW forum software! Details can be found here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/537012-planned-outage-30th-january-2016

Anyway, I would like to give a huge thank you to the whole team who have all been working on the new software for absolutely ages. Many bugs were squished, many changes have been made, lots of stuff has been tweaked to perfection and it will all-around be a huge step towards a better forum (especially on mobile!)

So hopefully the transition goes smoothly tomorrow, this is my thank you and good luck to the team in charge.

:D

Oh nice

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Nice! You can check my post for (official) last words.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Just one question, do we get to keep post count and likes?

SHIT WE BETTER

Just one question, do we get to keep post count and likes?

yes and yes, however likes will be stored under "legacy likes" as a new system will be put in place 

Check the Forum new and Info for a more detailed list by colonel_mortis (under the thread made by Windspeed36)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I prefer this style of forum, the new one looks like the Microsoft forum designed for people who don't know how to use a mouse. Just my 2 cents!

The like system will turn into a really big war, and users will be upset. User 1 hates User 2, so User 2 dislikes  User 1s post. User 3 hates User 1 for disliking User 2s post... ect.

I've used many forums with a reputation style like this, and it never ends well. You get a lot of up-tight users who think they're the greatest and above all.

blackshades on

yes and yes, however likes will be stored under "legacy likes" as a new system will be put in place 

Check the Forum new and Info for a more detailed list by colonel_mortis (under the thread made by Windspeed36)

Goodies. 6205 is a nice number c:

I called it. I friggin called it. lol

I spoiled myself. :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I called it. I friggin called it. lol

I edited it out as apparently you thought it was spoiling, which is not fun for people who have not been spoiled already. dont worry ;)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I prefer this style of forum, the new one looks like the Microsoft forum designed for people who don't know how to use a mouse. Just my 2 cents!

The like system will turn into a really big war, and users will be upset. User 1 hates User 2, so User 2 dislikes  User 1s post. User 3 hates User 1 for disliking User 2s post... ect.

The dislikes have been removed.

It's dangerous to assume that things will actually go smoothly and not result in us rolling back to this version while we fix things :P

HTTP/2 203