Questions for Josh from Fractal Design for the Livestream on March1st

Jrjy3

Post any of the questions you have for Josh from Fractal Design here so Linus and Slick can ask them on the livestream on March 1st!

Why you decided to put a reset switch on top of R4 instead of it being covered by the door like on R3?

What should I do if I mounted my 7200RPM HDD into sleds in R3 with those rubber mounts and vibrations are still pretty strong?

Any plans for a 80+ Bronze-Gold PSU around 600W, with some modularity, that lovely snowflake on top and around 100 bucks or lower?

Who's idea was to cut out a bit of plastic from front doors of Define Rx series and make it look absolutely AWESOME with that LED light going through?

I will add more later.

Also, I'm a Fractal fanboy. I just love what you guys do with every case you make and every product you release.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

I have a few questions

1. I know the Corsair H100/H100i fit on the front mount of the R4, but will the Swiftech H220 fit on the front due to the reservoir? I know it fits on top, but I'm curious for the front, I want to keep the modu-vents on top to keep the case quiet.

2. Will Fractal Design, design a newer silent case with built in card readers?

3. In the R4, you can mount a couple of SSDs on the back of the motherboard tray. But you have to screw it in first before you screw in the motherboard. Which makes it a pain to change out SSDs later. Will Fractal Design make it easier like other case manufacturers, and make it so you screw the SSDs onto a bracket, and hang that bracket on the rear of the motherboard tray instead?

4. How long does it typically take to design a case, go through prototypes, and finally decide on the final design?

I've directed Josh to this thread so he will be able to prepare to answer some of these questions on the stream :)

will i be able to change the sleeving on the non modular connector on the fractal design tesla r2 1000 watt power supply???

Would switching from the Fractal Arc Midi to a Fractal R4, bring a significant noise reduction?

I'm happy with the look and quality of the Arc Midi, but it's quite loud, even with the fan controller. It's my Antec Kuhler that's making a lot of noise. Would the R4's sound dampening material help to diffuse the sound? Or just muffle it a little bit?

For reference, I'm using a PWM fan on my Kuhler, but am tempted and have the funds to put in an H100i.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

Any possibility for a window for the Fractal Design XL R2?

How does Swedish design contribute to Fractal's approach to cases?

I have a few questions

1. I know the Corsair H100/H100i fit on the front mount of the R4, but will the Swiftech H220 fit on the front due to the reservoir? I know it fits on top, but I'm curious for the front, I want to keep the modu-vents on top to keep the case quiet.

2. Will Fractal Design, design a newer silent case with built in card readers?

3. In the R4, you can mount a couple of SSDs on the back of the motherboard tray. But you have to screw it in first before you screw in the motherboard. Which makes it a pain to change out SSDs later. Will Fractal Design make it easier like other case manufacturers, and make it so you screw the SSDs onto a bracket, and hang that bracket on the rear of the motherboard tray instead?

4. How long does it typically take to design a case, go through prototypes, and finally decide on the final design?

Even if you somehow manage to mount it on the front , the tubes won't reach the cpu :(

Do you have or intend to make a case specially made for watercooling , with lots of radiator space and places to mount rezervoirs and to have a special watercooled PSU to go with it :D ??

When will Fractal Design extend the business to Hong Kong?

Really want to try out the R4 but there is no retailer here selling it.

Also, when will be the February 30th, isn't it March 2nd??

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

Haha! I realised that too, February 30th doesn't exist. Now Josh will turn up thinking the entire Linus Tech Tips community is uneducated xD

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

Will the sound dampening on the R4 adequately block the high-pitched sound frequency of a d5 pump on setting 5? Or should I try adding extra aftermarket sound dampening on top of the stock?

(building a 24/7 folding rig and can't sleep over high-pitched sounds at night, considering the r4)

Does Fractal Design offer build sponsorships?

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

Why do Fractal PSUs have dual +12v rail power suplies?

FX 4100 @ 4200, MSI GTX 660, CX430, 1TB Barracuda, 320gb Spinpoint, Hyper 212,  MSI 970, 500R, 8GB RAM

I want to know when will they extend their business to Hong Kong too !!

Why theres no cases like tj-07 that can fit 480mm rad at the bottom and the bottom part is separated with midplate,

Will there be a replacement for the Core 3000? Will there be a Define Mini R2?

And I'm not sure if it's just the stupid Norwegian taxes or something like that, but has the Define R4 actually risen in price? When it launched here in Norway it was about 157 USD, and I got it for about 111 USD due to a weekend only offer. But now it's gone up to 166 USD. I'm not annoyed as I've already got an R4, which I love, but it's just strange.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Is there a new version of the Define Mini and/or Node 304 in preparation for a potential release in the end of this year ?

How is this Q&A possible : is Josh Linus' friend and do it as a friend, or is he just representing Fractal Design ?

BTW thank you guys, Linus & Fractal/Josh, for getting us this Q&A.

When will you guys update the Prodigy?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

That case is made BitFenix, not Fractal Design. =)

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Are you able to say the release date on the Fractal Design Arc Midi V2?

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions :)

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

That case is made BitFenix' date=' not Fractal Design.[/quote']

Can't a guy troll in peace?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Why do you use foam for dust filtration for cases such as the Arc Midi when the Define R4 uses a "real" filter? In my experience, the foam reduces airflow and doesn't catch as much dust as a "real" filter.

Core i5 3330|CM Hyper 212+|ASUS P8B75-M/CSM|XFX 6870|8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600|Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM|Silverstone Strider Essential 500W|Fractal Design Core 3000

First off I THANK YOU for making better features on the Arc Midi R2 (i own the R1). I thought the clip idea for the fans at the front kind of weird and see can why you did do it. 1. The industry was pushing tool less and 2. Most fans were square unlike now a days. My Cougar Vortex fans dont fit on the front of the case which made me sad. I really want a Arc Midi R2 but i don't have the money to get one. Plus i love some of the other features on the case. My question would have to be what was the design process/decisions made to make the changes on the Arc Midi R2? Also are you guys ever going to include a version of your own tool less drive bays or HDD bays? I love your HDD bays cause they feel solid and well build but i think tool less on ODD is nice to have.

I put that as a joke to see if anyone would notice, and now I realize that I can't change the title... I'll see if I can ask a mod to change it.