WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

1st Gen  Kingston SSDNow 30GB for system operations and programs data for slightly better speed (bought on sale; last one) with Hitachi Deskstar 320GB for games, smaller download files and separate scratch disk for Photoshop and pagefile(also bought on as one of last one on sale). Last is Western Digital Elements 1TB for main backup of OS systems (modified copies), games and rest of usefull data (bought from a friend due to i trust WD drives and this is the most important drive of them all; love their Raptor series).

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Right now I use a 64GB OCZ agility 4 because I needed a basic O/S + a few programs drive (mostly because it was cheap :P.) For bulk storage I use two WD caviar blacks, one for games and the other for movies/television, I picked both up at once and chose them because I've had a much better experience with WD drives than Seagates.

Error: 410

i run a 3tb seagate barracuda, because someone on the forum recommended it. it was the cheapest 3tb 7200rpm drive that would not fail instantly 

Currently:

OCZ Vertex 4 128gb for boot and software.

OCZ Vertex 4 256gb for some games where load times help and intensive software.

2x WD 1tb Black in RAID 1 for the rest of my steam library/games and storage.

Seagate External 2tb for backups (Spread the wealth).

I didn't need loads of space so I opted for RAID 1 for peace of mind.

Upgrading (because of more complicated storage needs) to:

Same SSD set up and Seagate External (for now).

WD 1tb Black for Steam and other games.

WD 1tb Black as scratch and other.

2x 3tb WD Red in RAID 1 for storage.

I like RAID 1 and a backup of my personal files at all times. Keeps me from worrying :P

10/10 on the giveaways. I would tweet it and share it but that would garner no potential market exposure.

- Morik

I'm using a Samsung 830 SSD, 64 GB as my boot drive and a 1tb Baracuda as a data storage drive. When I built my computer I just kinda added on the SSD without that much research, if I had I would have bought a bigger one. The tb holds all my steam games and other assorted programs and data. It was getting closer to being full, but then I had to re install windows and formatted it.

I got the HDD as part of the New Egg combo that had all of my computer hardware, which I have started to upgrade recently to newer and better performing parts, I just haven't gotten around to improving storage yet.

Main rig: Coursair Air 540, Amd 8120(stock clock, had it up to 4.6), Gigabyte 990 fx ud3,  MSI DCU2 r9 280x, seasonic 1000w platinum, Samsung 830 64 GB ssd, Seagate 1tb, 4 GB (2x2) G.Skill, 

Secondary: Define r4, Amd A10 5800k(4.6), 1x Sapphire 7950, MSI FM2-A85xa, 8 GB coursair vengeance ram, Seasonic 1250w Gold, 500GB 840 Evo, 223GB 2.5 Hdd, 80 Gb Seasonic, Samsung CD/dvd

For my new PC buld I coose to go with an 256GB samsung 840 pro SSD as OS drive to get good performance. To keep my data I just reinstalled my old 500 GB storage HD and a 2.5" HD of my notebook which I had spare because I upgraded my notebook with an ssd as well. that gives me a total of 265 GB fast SSD storage and about 650 GB storage for files and backup.

Of course this is not enough so I'm planning to buy an NAS which will be fed with about 8TB in a RAID 5 array. But that's quite expensive so I'm saving as much as I can.

Twitter share with Twitter handle @Lafunamor: https://twitter.com/Lafunamor

PC

500GB black as main drive. I bought it on a good deal. 

1TB Blue needed extra space.

NAS

2x3TB Green. back then, WD red was not available locally so I opted for these low power hdds.

110 GB OCZ Revodrive X2 as my main drive with 750 GB momentus XT as my storage.  For my NAS I'm running 5 x 3TB WD Reds in raid z1 to store my blu rays and dvds for movies and tv shows

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

I am using a Seagate 1TB right now and i have a 60 GB laying around, which i will use as a boot drive anytime soon. I chose the Seagate drive, because it is one of the cheapest Harddrives with 1TB

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Running a Samsung F3 500GB(HD502HJ) SATA2 as my boot drive because I've heard just good things about it on reviews all over the internet + it was very cheap in 2011(June). As backup I use a 3.5" WD Elements 1TB drive(WD Green 5400rpm) and an old Trekstor 3.5" 160GB eksternal drive(also a Samsung drive in it). The F3 is used for my system(OS) and games, the other 2 drives are just used for mass storage and backup.

I run one SSD (120GB SanDisk Extreme II) and one HDD (1TB WD Blue) in my setup. Pretty basic. I run the OS and maybe the most recent game on the SSD, the rest goes on my HDD. Why, 1TB Blue was cheap and I the 120GB SSD is too small to hold everything.

That being said, I might need more than 1TB so winning this would be great.

I currently run 2 Intel 520 180GB SSD in Raid 0 as my boot drive. I choose it because a friend recommended me that I would get the most performance this way. Also I needed some space which 250GB was short but buy one 512GB was too expensive. That's why I went that way. Although the performance is great, next time I will probably stick to a single SSD.

I also have 2 Seagate Barracuda 3TB drives in Raid 1 (because I need redundancy, it's where I keep all my films, music and pictures). I'm about to buy 2 more and set a Raid 5 array since 3TB has become to short.

Twitter link: https://twitter.com/JGO95/status/377244435223805952

I currently run a 240 GB Samsung 830 as my boot drive and for programs and most games, and then a Seagate 1.5 TB 7200 RPM drive and a Samsung 2 TB 5400 RPM drive as bulk storage for things such as films, music and pictures as well games I play less or taking large amounts of storage as well as backing up my main drive, these drives are kind of configured in RAID 1, in that it is done manually by me due to drives being so different and I only started out with the Seagate drive from an older computer, then bought the SSD and used the old hard drive for bulk storage of not important stuff, and backed up important stuff between the SSD and the hard drive, I later bought the Samsung hard drive when it was on great deal, and so formed my very dodgy RAID 1 between the two mechanical hard drives so I couldn't then wipe the drives to setup a proper RAID 1, and haven't been able to get hold of another drive to temporarily store their data, so I manually copy all files from one drive to another after they have been copied to one drive =)

My fear at the moment is that the Seagate is registering as having 26 bad sectors that can no longer be used, and I believe the drive only has a tolerance for 36, although this could be wrong, it also has some other issue that I cannot remember at the moment, but I think it is basically dying of old age as it has been through about 2 builds that I have done and I didn't actually personally buy it, it came with an old desktop that was purchased for me long ago before I got into gaming on computers, so it has served me well really.

Facebook Share - Stephen Hannay - https://www.facebook.com/stephen.hannay.54/posts/1417820375096028

Twitter Share - @Stick_Wolf - https://twitter.com/Stick_Wolf/status/377242137315651584

I have 2x samsung 830 120gb ssd's, 2x wd 500gb black, samsung barracuda 1tb, seagate barracuda 3tb drive.

SSD's i bought few year earlier cause they were cheap and many ppl recommended them. So i bought 2 of them and placed them into raid 0 for os.

WD 500gb drives i bought also few years earlier for "friends" to my other 2 500gb drives and placed them into raid 0 for os and other stuff. Bought them cause black seriers was good at those days and they were cheap (35€ one) compared to the prices in thesedays in Finland. I use it for my games.

Samsung 1tb drive i got with my 1st custom build pc. When i bought it, my previous pc had only 80gb drive which was small... So i thought lets just get one big drive for start so i dont need to get more drives (but when getting more space for your bits, the hunger keeps getting stronger). Mostly music and other files for school and so on.

I bought Seagate 3tb few weeks back to replace my 2tb drive which only had few gb's left of free space. Bought it only cause it was cheap and cause it was external so i got the case for external drive if i need it later on. This one is for my backup and for my movies,videos.

My mediapc

2tb drive (WD green series) i placed to my mediapc cause it didnt have eny hardrives yet. It also has crusial 250gb ssd for os. I choised cause it was cheap (again...) and finnish forum called murobbs recommended it for me.

2600k @4.4GHz watercooled, Asus maximus IV extreme, 16gb corsair dominator platinium 1666MHz, Sapphire 7970 catercooled, 2x Samsung 830 128gb ssd, samsung 1tb, seagete 3tb, 2x WD 500gb black, enermax platinium 1200w, coolermaster haf 932

Hi,

Storage setup:

PC: 

120gb SSD for OS and some apps. (Gives me speeeeeed!)

- 750gb HDD for storage. (best price/performance at the time)

NAS (Primary storage/backup/media server) chosen for backup and I like the security of the raid mirror

2 x 1TB mirrored raid

Extra 

500GB 2,5" USB HDD - Always a good thing to have a small drive to carry around.

Backup to online storage

- Amazon Glazier (It's cheap and I have an Off site backup)

PC: Corsair Obsidian 750D. Asus Z77 Sabertooth. Intel Core i5 3570K. 8gb Corsair vengeance 1866mhz. Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II OC. Asus Xonar DGX 5.1. Sandisk Extreme 120gb SSD. 2 x Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB HD. Asus DVD drive. Corsair TX 650w PSU

1. 500GB 2,5" HDD on laptop. That's it. It came with my Asus UL30A laptop and as a student I haven't had the funds to invest in a NAS setup of any sort.

3. @tradenamereg

i just run single hard drives in my rig 1tb + 2x 320gb and a 1tb hdd plugged into my router with all my films and music so i can watch them where ever i am in my house.

i do it like this just to keep things simple!

I am currently running 3 drives. I'm using a Samsung 840 Pro 256gb SSD for my boot drive. Obviously the reason is because of the fast boot up time. My second drive is for my games. I'm using a 1TB WD Blue for that. And my last drive is a 3TB Seagate Barracuda. It was on sale on boxing week. That drive is for my personal files.

Later peeps!

Spectacular giveaway!

I have a Samsung 1tb 2.5 "for storage.

The reason why I chose it at the time, is because they are cheap and function meet.

With my RAID0 Sandisk Extreme, sometimes it creates a bottleneck unavoidable to pass on information, I really need it.

I would like a WD RED by the little space I have left (I really need), and performance offered by this spectacular disc.

Good luck to all!!

CM HAF-X@MOD/Z68X-UD3H-B3/2500K+GTX 480 SLI@Water/SANDISK EXTREME 120GB RAID0/SAMSUNG 1tb 2.5"/SAMSUNG p2370ms/LG42LD655/SEASONIC X-850 KM3/GSKILL TRIDENT 8GB 1600 CL8

I have a 1TB Hitachi Deskstar boot/OS drive, 1TB WD Black games drive, and a 1TB Seagate 7200.12 storage/backup drive. (the WD is SATA3 the rest are SATA2) I had to change the WD to a games drive due to chipset issues with SATA3. This happened to have been what was the "Big 3" of HDD manufacturers (barring Samsung) at the time. This was just as a little experiment to see which company's drive will last me the longest. (although it's a little unfair to the Hitachi)

My current Setup is a Intel 520 SSD 250GB and a Hitachi 500GB 2,5" HDD in a Thinkpad T530.

For Storage i have a HP N40L with 4 WD Red 3TB, running in Raid-Z1.

I chose the SSD because of the working speed, 5 year Warranty and good test results.

The WD Red were chosen because of being the only NAS Drive available when i bought it.

Nearline Drives are to expensive and Consumer Drives aren't labeled for 24/7 use, so the decision was pretty easy.

The Hitachi 2,5" is just cheap and quiet.

My system is rocking a samsung 840 120gb ssd and a WD 500gb blue hdd.

I got the WD hdd first because I was on a budget but after 6 months I bought the ssd because of the speed!!!

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

In my current rig I'm running raid 0 with 2xVertex 4 128GB for SO, no worries about failing, just SO, apps and games, if it fails I won't loose anything important.

For storage I have 1x WD 3Tb green drive and 2x Seagate 4Tb no RAID, all important data copied on all 3 drives and backed up on 1tb adata usb3 drive.