WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Hi guys, 

I use 2 Seagate hard drives

drive 1: 240gb for general storage, games, movies boot drive etc.

drive 2: 150gb for recordings, editing and larger files.

I know its incredibly bad but drive one came out from an stock pc i brought at a shop (had to rebuild it because the psu power surged and killed the board, and drive two came out from an old laptop that broke so i put it in my garden and forgot about it untill a week ago so i got the hard drive out of it.

link to thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/46777-old-seagate-drive/

Main Reason i need something like this is cause i built my pc and both my 1tb hdd and 562gb sdd died on me in a matter of 1 month And i couldnt afford to buy a warrenty plan on them budget was short so right now im using a 562gb hdd made by some company named seagate or something Plus i have never tried a WD product before nor have i ever tried to do a prize giveway of any kind before so doing this is kinda fun thanks Linus and Wd for hanging out with us

Twitter @https://twitter.com/KillFnord

Sorry no FB

Boot drive: 120 Gig Crucial M4 - went with some customer opinions and value for this one

Internal storage: 1TB Samsung Sata2 - because I had it from my old PC

Ext1: 1TB Samsung Sata2 in an old Trekstor external case, where the original HDD broke years ago, so I thought 1TB externally would be nice incase I want to take something with me

Ext2: Neu WD Elements 1TB 2.5" USB3, because its more portable than Ext1

And of course there are various Flash-Drives flying around.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

PC: i7 3770K - G1.Sniper M3 - 8GB Kingston HyperX Red - Asus DirectCU2 GTX660Ti - BeQuiet 530W Modular PSU - 128GB Crucial M4 - 1TB Samsung storage HDD

I'm currently running on 1.25TB of storage. I bought a laptop which already had a 500GB harddrive (don't know the exact model), and because I needed extra space for movies, games and libraries (I'm a music producer), I bought another 750GB drive, a Western Digital Scorpio Blue. (I wouldn't trust any other company)

1. When i built this desktop i put some money down to get a 128Gb ssd. I would never install windows on a HDD anymore just because of the speed you get with a ssd.

Of course a 2Tb HDD for mass storage. Had to get a traditional HDD to for more storage space.

2. Aaand here's my tweet @jagzzlp https://twitter.com/Jagzzlp/status/377783136894988288

My STORAGE contains:

1x Intel 520 SSD 180GB. I chosed that for speed and reliability(5 year's warranty). OS "sits" very confortable on it.

1x WD RED 3TB. I bought this for extra storage and reliability

1X WD RED 2TB. I bought this to backup(important data) from the 3TB drive

1X Samsung 2TB(HD204UI). In bought this before buying WD REDs drives. I would love to replace this with another RED drive for RAID operation or extra backup.

Twitter: @vidysammy(https://twitter.com/vidysammy/status/377784171311034368

Heya,

1.  I use my old laptop 250Gb, 5400 rpm, SATA, Hitachi HDD as I couldn't really afford a bigger one. It does the job though.

I have used this for about 6 months now since I jumped from my laptop to a PC built by my brother, we had to keep the cost as low as possible so using my laptop      one seemed to make sence. My laptop is a Acer Aspire 5920G which sadly is dead now :( so untill I can save my British pennies ( after all my bills) then I will have      to stick with it.

I'm using a WD Caviar Black 1TB because the capacity fits my storage needs and it performs really well (for a mechanical drive). I also had an external WD 1TB drive but i dropped it and I thought it died. Turns out I had only damaged the PCB for the USB interface, so I pulled the drive out (Green), installed it in my desktop for extra storage and that has been my setup ever since.

I have a 120GB SSD as a boot drive, and a 1TB WD black, and an old 500GB blue. almost completely full...

200 GB Seagate - Came with a old computer - pictures and videos

500GB Seagate - Came with the computer, has the OS, and programs

1 TB WD MyPassport - For videos, music, pics, school documents, assignments, projects, etc, source code, and a lot of linux distros

128 GB Plextor for boot drive + BF3 (gd speed and keep backing uping to my 2TB dive)
500 GB old Seagate HDD for other games and torrenting(i dont mind loosing all of the data in it)
2TB Seagate for as mass storage for all my films, songs and photo( back up to my external 2TB Raid 1 WD Black all the time)

Currently i have 1 500Gb hdd for all my stuff and a single 250gb external hdd for backups of when i install a new os.

Reason for this setup is when i built my new pc i did not include in my budget money for a new hdd/ssd. So i just took the hdd in my old pc and placed it in my new config.

The 250gb was taken out of a dead laptop and put into a hdd enclosure becoming what is now my external hard drive.

I dont have anything else because honestly, right now i cant afford it. If possible though id like to get a 250gb ssd for boot and general applications and a 1tb wd black/blue for mass storage some time down the road

I am running a 1tb western digital caviar blue as my boot drive and a 120gb laptop hard drive for media storage  because the Caviar blue is what i could afford when i built my rig. I use the laptop drive because it was given to me and I need all the storage i can get.

I have a WD Blue 500GB.  I got it at the time because I figured a 7200 rpm hdd was fast enough, and 500 was decent enough storage when I combined it with my WD 1TB external hdd.

Hi, i'm running a 1tb wd that a friend borrowed me because i have failiure in my 1tb wd black (lost all by the way...games..photos..etc), i use the pc for gaming and storage, i wish i could have an ssd but here in my country are very expensive so...that's all

my set up is one 120 sdd kingston hyper x , I used to use OCZ but had 3 fail on me. I wanted a high speed - but reliable ssd

for storage i use 2 x 1tb wd blacks in mirror , i use these since they where fast and big hard drive's. as well as excellent warranty

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I have a 1tb seagate drive because I didn't have money for more. I focused more on the graphics and the cpu since I could easily upgrade my storage later on.

WoW Linus, this is awesome!

Ok my storage.

I've been buying my PC parts and storage in parts due to financial capacity. 

So I'm running x58 with a i7 970 for a while and at the time when I got it, due to budget I got a WD Black 1TB for everything. Soon that wasn't enough, I wanted it to be faster, so about 5 months later I got another one and put them in Raid 0. They were at a good price, around 80€ at the time and I couldn't afford a SSD at the time.

Later, around 1 year after I bought my PC, I finally got the money for an SSD and I bought a Vertex 3 MI from OCZ which I really like and are using at the moment as a Boot drive. So at this time I had 120GB ssd in boot, and 2 Blacks not in raid anymore, so they were working by themselves for storage.

Then I moved into the city and with my 100Mbs Fiber connection I rapidly started to run out of storage space xD What I did was starting to prepare to a home server. I couldn't afford it to buy it all at once so I wanted to start to buy the drives for it and use it for now in my PC. So I basically sold 1 of mine Blacks and bought a Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001, 2TB, which I though that were great for Raid but after all they are not.

So that is my present day Storage configuration. 1 x 120GB SSD as boot, 1 x 1TB WD black as secondary for downloads, games installations, bigger apps, swap memory and temp files, 1 x Seagate 2TB Barracuda for storage, that will be replaced soon or stay as backup drive, dunno yet.

Now in few months I will be buying my home server which I've been saving to buy and I will be running most likely 4 x 2TB WD Reds in Raid 5 to have all my storage and Windows backups from the PCs like laptops etc.

Hope it was interesting reading all that =)

Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/ricardo.marramaque.1/posts/10201908825501973

https://twitter.com/Ralmslb/status/377786128444559360

Hey Tech Tips team

the data storage set up that i current have going is a 120GB Kingston 3k SSD for my boot drive and a few games for the speedy boot + load times. I purchased this after watching the review by Logan from Tek Syndicate. For my programs i have a 500GB WD Blue since its my oldest drive i bought on a budget from my first build and then a 1TB WD blue for steam games. I love the Blue drives since they are as fast as you need a data drive to be and relatively cheap. 

A WD Red 4TB would be a perfect expansion since i am planning on building my own network storage for home based upon many videos by linus.

nb. i dont use Twitter or other forums therefore there'd be little benefit from me sharing your link but i tweeted for good measure (dont know how to include a link...)(https://twitter.com/PhysxArts)

gl hf

I have a 7 year old pc so my storage is a 500gb Hitachi HDP725050GLA and that is it :D

im using 2 old seagate baracude drives 250gb each from 2008 :P

also a samsung 250gb hdd.

i was more focused on the other parts of my computer and i'm to cheap to buy new drives :P

I have a 3.5" 250gb seagate sata internal drive.

I always have to delete some of my games before installing another because of the small size. :( Plus the fact that it is just slow.