WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I run a 1TB WD 2.5 inch in my laptop, Fast start in Windows 8 is fast enough and I'm a student so upgrading the hard drives is not a priority.

My server has a 1TB WD Blue in an external drive configuration and a 80GB Seagate OS drive, its built from what I had lying around when I went to put it together. 

BSc. Hons. Computer Science Student (MMU)

My PC - CPU: AMD FX-8350 (4.5 GHz) | Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 120v2 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1600Mhz | Mobo: MSI 970 Gaming | GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 960 2G |

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB/Seagate Barracuda 1TB/ WD Caviar Green 1TB | Case: Cooltek Antiphon | PSU: EVGA 500w Non Modular | Monitors: BenQ GL2250 x 2

I run 1 HDD 1TB from WD, it was the cheapest at the time, and i went overloard on the cpu and gpu and dident care about the HDD at the time but now i regreat it, but got no money :(

Twitter :) https://twitter.com/TBT99/status/377781272958877697 @TBT99

CPU : i5 3570k @ 4.2                  CPU COOLER : H100i                  GPU  Asus 780ti DC2            PSU: CX750M
GPU  Asus 780ti DC2                  MOTHERBOARD: MSI z77a g43   CASE: Coolermaster Xm
Soundcard: XONAR DG              SSD: Crucial m5 120 gb                HDD: WD green 1tb

One Intel 520 240GB + One WD 1,5TB. I use the SSD for the OS and for important program. The second HDD is mainly for game, music, movies etc.

I run a 500GB drive inside my laptop, and an empty nas(netgear readynas) with an 160GB external HDD connected to it because my HDDs died in the last little while.. even redundancy won't help from double drive failure T,T 

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

I used to run two 1tb WD Green EARS drives in RAID0 inside the first system that I built, because at the time it was a good compromise on price, capasity and speed. This was in 2010.

Last year I bought an 120gb ssd for 'boot drive' usage. It can hold few games too. Now that I have the ssd the traditional drives no longer use raid. 120gb suits my needs well and the added performance is great, because my system is slighly dated by now.

I have also salvaged and WD Blue 160gb drive out of an old laptop and put that into an external enclosure so I have a little bit of storage space to have on the go.

I use a Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD as a boot drive to get fast boot speeds. I also store apps such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc. on the SSD. I also have a WD Caviar Blue 750GB as my storage drive where I store all of my games, music, pictures etc. 

Case: Corsair 350D | Mobo: Asrock Z77 Pro4-M | Ram: Patriot Viper Extreme 16GB 1866MHz | CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K | CPUC: Corsair H60 2013 | PSU: Antec TP-750 | SSD: Kingston Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | GPU: Sapphire HD7950 | Monitor: Asus PB279Q (4K) | Keyboard: Gigabyte Osmium Aivia - Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: Logitech Performance MX

I have two rigs.
In one, I have a Kingston 240GB Hyper X SSD, and 2 x 1TB WD Blacks. I have the SSD because I really wanted that speed for booting into the OS and a few key programs, and those hard drives for all those games on Steam. 
In my LAN rig, I run a Samsung 128GB 840 Pro, and a 2TB WD Black. Again, the SSD for the speed of the OS booting and the Blacks for all those Steam games.
I use Kingston and Samsung SSDs because they are both reputable brands and have awesome warranties, and the WD Blacks because they are the fastest hard drives you can get.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/halodeacon96/status/377784219553898496

OKAY... PEOPLE ARE NOT READING THIS CAREFULLY. IF YOU DON'T POST ABOUT WHY YOU RUN THE STORAGE CONFIGURATION YOU HAVE (ex: it was cheap, I didn't trust SSD, my friend recommended it, etc) YOU WILL NOT WIN. See full rules below.

1. I don't have a desktop, but I run an OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD for my boot drive because it was a great price, and offers great speed with a 5 year warranty. I don't keep any storage drives in my system because I use spotify for all of my music and I don't watch many movies, but I do have a 1TB external USB3 drive that has 1-touch back up, so I plug that in once in a while so that if my laptop gets lost I will still have my data.

2. Facebook share from (Name Goes Here): (insert verifiable link here)

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @Example: (insert verifiable link here)

4. Community Site share with nickname (nickname goes here): (insert verifiable link here)

Wanna it to be fair play - most of you dudes didnt read HOW TO POST your entry so it can count...

Number 1 is example how it should look like...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I have a custom built PC here - my first one ever! My storage configuration is a single 500gb Western Caviar Blue + a 1TB external HDD (with USB 3.0) that is shared in the house.
I have this configuration because that's the only thing I can afford right now, and the only thing I could afford when I was building my PC. I use the harddrive for both C:\ and D:\
Most of it is games. I use the external HDD to save some game files and movies mostly.

Facebook - Simeon Kurtev : (it's written in swedish , so I can reach out to my swedish friends , translated it means "awesome giveaway here) http://www.facebook.com/simeon.kurtev/posts/65991309402084

Twitter - @simeon_Kurtev : https://twitter.com/simeon_Kurtev/status/377781536080158720

Reddit - nickname - tacticious : http://www.reddit.com/r/giveaways/comments/1m68z9/awesome_giveaway_here_wd_red_4tb_drives/

First, Thank you so much for another awesome giveaway linus!!!

At the moment I have a seagate 500GB HDD and a seagate 2.5" 250GB HDD.

Now the reason I got this configuration, is because I simply didn't have the money at the time for a larger one.

Actually getting this 250GB HHD was quite a relief because i was having some storage shortage.

Just to top it off, reasonably speaking, I'd love to get a Western Digital black, just for the sheer speed of it, So it's saving time :D

Thanks again Linus and this awesome community!

Using a 120 gig Samsung 840 pro as a boot/vmware drive

a 1 TB Seagate baracuda and a 500 gig generic hp laptop drive as storage because obviously 120 gigs is not enough.

I got just 1 Samsung HD103JS 1000GB 7200RPM harddrive. Because I only need storage and this harddrive was not that expensive for the storage you get.

I run a 1TB Western Digital Blue Drive, 1 160GB Samsung Drive and 1 40GB Maxtor IDE drive.

I use this setup because the Samsung and the Maxtor drives were the ones from my old PC, I did not want to throw them away. The 1TB WD was the upgrade. It's cheap and it satisfies my needs.

Good enough.

I'm running a primary WD Black 500GB for my OS and a WD 1TB Green for backup. I wen't for this because the 500GB drive was already in my machine and I had to buy a extra 1TB for storage because of backup. I need my data to be backed up all the time on a secondary HDD. And since I don't have the money to buy a proper NAS this is the best solution for me at this moment.

WD Black 500GB

WD Green 1TB

twitter: https://twitter.com/gashosimon/status/377782440938332160

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

I have a 500 GB HDD, because I don't want any of that fancy ssd stuff, I just want it simple and easy.

i have a macbook pro and a gaming pc , on my mac i had a 256 GB ssd i liked the speed but it was to small now i use is on my pc as a boot disk together with 2 1TB hard drives

Now my system running on a Samsung 250GB HDD. because this storage is enough for me and my little things and cheap as well.

Facebook (Karika Zoltan): https://www.facebook.com/zoltan.karika.90/posts/574042142658405

Twitter (@Gureszka): https://twitter.com/Gureszka/status/377782418448474112

Google+ (Gurez): https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/112183757690835387708/112183757690835387708/posts/GMWYuRwYLS6

I currently have a desktop loaded with 2 500gbs Western Digital Blue hard drives, 1 160gb hard drive I pulled out of a old computer, and another 2tb external hard drive for backup for both my desktop and laptop.

One of this 500gb drive is used entirely for my operating system, with nothing else. I do this as I read that as a hard drive fills up, it gets slower. Due to my limited budget, I bought a hard drive instead of an SSD. This allows my boot up speeds to be reasonably fast. As for the other 500gb hard drive, it is used for storage for all my games and more important files. The last 160gb hard drive is filled to the brim with music, as I don't want my read speeds to go down when I listen to music while gaming or doing other stuff. This set up also allows me to reinstall my operating system or do a clean install of another operating system without losing any of the important files. I find it really reliable, but have been needing more storage for my ever expanding music and movie collection. 

1. OCZ Vertex 4 128 Gb (Windows)

2. WD Caviar Green 2 Tb (Video, Music and Other)

3. WD Caviar Green 1 Tb (Video, Music and Other)

4. WD Caviar Black 500 Gb (Games)

5. WD My Book Element 1 Tb (as NAS)

i use boot SSD because of performance, all main program are located in the SSD, when all my random things ( music, video and other stuff) are located in my Caviar Green HDD's, less performance but more safety and less power consumtion. For my games i use the Caviar Black drive... the ideal HDD for gaming.

I a really old 250gb hhd from my sisters laptop and a 500gb drive for all my games

1. I just built my first PC and have a 3TB Seagate Barracuda as my main storage drive and a 128GB Samsung 840 SSD to run my OS. I don't run raid because I can't afford to buy more harddrives, but I certainly need the storage space for my video editing work! The reason I have the setup I have is because I needed enough main storage to store my large video files and a fast SSD to run my OS and Premiere to edit those clips. 

2. Facebook share from Jonathan McMullen: https://www.facebook.com/joncontests/posts/947169068914

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @Sweepsterhttps://twitter.com/sweepster_ca/status/377783776366956544

I Have a laptop with 750GB but hey every hard drive is nice also I'm building a NAS.

I have one 128 Team SSD. I needed to test some SSD goodness and can't believe I waited this long to get one! Go get one now.

I have 1TB and 2 TB WD greens as storage. And a .5TB used only for torrenting Linus distributions. Ya, I need a lot of distributions. :)

Additional 1TB Seagate for my wife as here very own. She was getting mad at me for moving things.

I have 3 WD, 2 Segate and a few others sitting broken behind me. I never throw anything out. All the drives I have or had were my main OS drive at one point. I just get a new one and throw it in to fight it out with the old ones :)

Except for the 1.5 WD Green I had that died and the 2TB I got to replace it, they were storage only. The 1.5 was supposed to be RMA, but the guy at Computex never got me the new one. Winning these would sure help me feel better about loosing that one.

I have a NAS box and an internal 2.5" drive bay nas sitting here needing some drives. Hope to get $ to buy some soon. 2 Reds would be great in that white NAS box!

I'm running one old WD 256GB blue. Here, computer parts are at least 60% more expensive than in other countries, and my important stuff –which is not much– is backed up to the cloud.