WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Hi,

i am running:

1 x 500GB WD green for my os only

1 x 2TB WD green for personal stuff, programs - separate just in case 

2 x 2TB WD greens in RAID 0 for 3D rendering, photoshop, games, movies, videos - i make around 30gb of high rez.photos every week, so i need a lot of space but at the same time and speed, and in raid 0 it just works a little bit faster (at least i think so).

1 x 1TB external usb 2.0 WD green for back-up. Old but still good external hdd, for data that is important to me. So things you can replace, so don`t so just as a precaution. 

1 x 160GB external usb 2.0 for media server - why to run a pc to watch a movie, when you can run movie from media server

When I thought of the components for my PC, I had compute power over the file I/O in mind. So I went for a better CPU and cooler with only having a Seagate 1.5TB 7200RPM drive for storage. However this wasn't a bad option because I have a tendency to eventually fill up every drive I have (We all have our problems). I keep large media files on my home server and stream them to wherever necessary, server also acts as the house's hub for networked storage with 1TB + 3TB capacity (non-redundant).

Started with a simple 500Gb Seagate Barracuda around 5 years ago. Then I purchased a Toshiba 1Tb external portable hard drive as a back up drive for my architectural proyects so I can switch between my pc and laptop when I had to go to the university (bad idea to have a portable drive as a back up drive) Lost it somewhere in the faculty. Recently I bought a 180gb samsung 840 as a boot drive and to install Architectural software because it's one of the cheapest and hoping to raid0 soon. Also I've been thinking NAS would be awesome since I accidentaly erased all my back up files from dropbox. Damn Internet cloud storage sync.

I have a 120GB Samsung 840 Basic as Boot-Drive and also for my favourite Game. While I use a simple 1TB HardDrive for Data Storage. More Storage would be great : D

In my system I run a raid 6 configuration, because my luck with drives is no the best. In the past I have had three drives fail on me. So to make sure I don't loose everything I run a raid six configuration. It consists of 4 seagate barracuda 500gb drives and I also have an ADATA 32gb SSD boot drive because I love the speed but can't afford a 512gb so I went with the 32gb.

I have a 120Gb boot SSD and a 2Tb WD Green HDD. I also have a home server the has one 1Tb WD Green HDD and would love some 4Tb WD Red drives to put into RAID-10, for speed and redundancy. I ran my current set up because i dont have the money to purchase the HDD yet.

AWESOME giveaway

in my laptop i have:

Samsung 840 (non-pro) 500GB SSD used for os, games and programs (used it in at least 2 machines).

1TB Toshiba 2.5" HDD (the cheapest one avaliable) used for mass storage

1TB Hitachi 2.5" HDD (the cheapest one avaliable) used for backing up    (in place of an optical drive)

1TB WD Passport (external HDD) used for backing up, extra storage for myself and backing up families files

i have this set up in my laptop as it was the cheapest for me (SSD was x-mas gift) and it is the most effective for my situation. the external drive is really just an add on used as a multipurpose drive as i can then throw on things for family.

Just a guy with a beard

Im running a Crucial M4 128GB SSD as a boot drive and a 2TB Seagate Barracuda for storage (mostly games, some 3d stuff and some HD movies).

I am running a samsung 250gb SSD. I bought an SSD because I heard it was fast and provided improved performance compared to a HDD. Although it was expensive, I believe it was worth it because I didn't need as much space at the time, but unfortunately, it seems I need much more space than 250gb to survive. 

im so in.

Im Running a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB drive, for OS and Games. and a WD Green 1TB for storage, and a Samsung 1TB external drive, for backup, as i use my computer mainly for work, and i need to storage loots of stuff.

I am Using 500GB WD Blue.(Got when I Upgraded PC from Computer Retailer)At that time I was Noob.

and Planning to Buy 2x 60GB Samsung SSD in Raid0.

It will be Nice if I Got that Red Nas Drives...To Complete the Need of Insufficient Storage. (For Large Games and 1080p Movies.)

Facebook (Kaivalya Thanekar) - https://www.facebook.com/kaivalya46

Twitter      (@Kaivalya461)        - https://twitter.com/Kaivalya461/status/377791154017673219

i have a 128gb samsung 830 ssd as boot drive and also for my frequently played games and autostart programs to reduce loading and boot up times. additionally i have a 500gb seagate barracuda hdd for internal storage and programs that i don't use that often. i do weekly backups to my 1tb external usb 3.0 hdd because it happens too often that something breaks in windows and that way all my data is safe

twitter (@momomobil): https://twitter.com/momomobil/status/377788611187326976

AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 - Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4,5GHz - EKL Alpenföhn Himalaya CPU Air Cooler - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz - Asus GTX 970 Strix - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 240GB - Samsung SSD 830 128GB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W - Creative Sound Blaster Z - NZXT Phantom

I currently have a desktop with 1 WD 1.0 tb, I would like the extra space since the drive is almost full :)

Hi i am a PhD student working on video quality, therefore i need to process and keep big files safe and fast. i have 2 wd green of 1.5 in raid 0 and 2 more in raid 1. the one in raid 0 array is to process videos as fast as i can, and mirror raid to  keep my docs safe. I use wd green because as a PhD student i am kind of poor and those give me the best option performance, price.! :wub:

so ist das leben!

Samsung  SSD for OS and and one orz SSD for gaming "had" to give away my hard disk's (friends who bough bad drivers and they Died) so my storage is somewhat limited >.< 

the ssd was/is nice for gaming at first.. but bloody hell the games's fill up quickly  and no fiber for me :( so just deleting and re download ain't really a option yet) till i get faster net or a nas 

I am Running a 128gb Corsair GS for boot drive and BF3 because I can't stand waiting to jump in a game, especially multi-player games. I also have a Seagate Barracuda for Storage and Other programs/games

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

1. I'm on a desktop. And i'm using WD 1TB Blue for all my stuff - because i built my system last year and i was only 13 (built it from my own money)
 so the budget was tight.

2. Facebook share from (Roberts Kampe): https://www.facebook.com/roberts.kampe/posts

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @RobertsKampe: https://twitter.com/RobertsKampe/status/377789563030097920

So yeah I'm using a single WD Green drive 1TB, cause when i build my computer I didnt have lots of money to spend on drives and i dont really need more storage. Ive heard that Seagate drives make more noise than WD drives and it was quite cheap so thats why i bought a WD green drive for my pc. I might upgrade my OS on a SSD.

Twitter post: https://twitter.com/Artsi23/status/377789379751587840

I'm using a MacBook Pro With an OWC Mercury extreme Pro with 240 GB (sata 2) and a mechanic hd of 1 tera instead of the dvd reader (who still use dvd at this days?).

I'm also using 2 external hd because there isen't never enought space xD

1) WD My Book Studio 2 TB for files that i can lose without suiciding.

2) WD My Book Studio Edition II with 2 1 TB WD Green on raid 1 for all my improtant stuff like photos etc.

I also have a Gaming pc with 2 1TB raid 1 where (sometimes) i backup the some files from the 2 external driver

Also posted this topic on twitter :https://twitter.com/BakaPhoenix/status/377787483263496192

i run 1 500gb drive in my desktop because i for it for free and i use it mainly for games and music, but i do have a 500 gb extrernal drive that i use for movies and general back up 

I currently have a 180GB 520 series Intel SSD as my boot drive. I chose this one due to the fact that a friend had one and recommended it to me, it was also on sale. A bigger boot drive was unnecessary for me because all I have on it is an OS, a few games and a few documents; netflix, spotify and dropbox do the rest. I also have a 1TB WD Green drive as storage, I chose this one because it was cheapest. As a backup drive I use a 512GB unknown HDD. I also have a laptop that I do not backup as all files from it are synced to my dropbox.

https://twitter.com/Sladeos/status/377789746920955904 (@Sladeos)

Running a 500GB WD at the moment as it was cheaper at the time and also could only afford that for my budget build.

For my Desktop I use a Samsung 840 128GB drive for my system, because it is fast and has enough power for my system. For my data I use a 500GB Seagate momentus 5400.6 Hard Drive which was in a external case and a old 160GB Seagate barracuda 7200.10 hard drive, which came with the system. I don't do any backups, because i dont have enough space.

As always, sorry for my english  :)

Currently running a 500GB in my media center and a 1TB hard drive in my gaming computer. I am running the media center off the 500GB because I had one lying around and a 1TB in my gaming computer because at the time that was the second biggest drive you could buy.