[Mini News] NVIDIA’s GTX 970 Most Popular Graphics Solution on Steam

AresKrieger

Makes me sad people still buy 970's :l

390 literally a better card for the money...

This is why we can't have nice things people, because too many consumers don't make informed purchases, they either fanboy it, or just buy what's popular without thinking.

Some people buy it for it's features like shadowplay.

Not everything is black and white.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Knew that already.

What's scarier is that the hd4000 is a close second

?? It's expected considering how many people play on their laptops.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What's concerning here is DirectX 8 cards are gaining popularity twice as fast as DX11 cards are losing...  :wacko:

prolly due to people buying shitty DX11 cards like Asus DCUII R9 2xx cards, or Gigabyte R9 300 cards... Cuz they catch fire. So what you are left with is your previous card. before the "upgrade"

What do you mean?

first to market of this gen, and sits right at the top of the bell curve for what people pay for a gpu

- snip-

prolly due to people buying shitty DX11 cards like Asus DCUII R9 2xx cards, or Gigabyte R9 300 cards... Cuz they catch fire. So what you are left with is your previous card. before the "upgrade"

That's quite a gap for an upgrade in terms of time isn't it? What was the first card to support DX9?  Would people really go from pre-"that" to DX11?  :lol:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

That's quite a gap for an upgrade in terms of time isn't it? What was the first card to support DX9?  Would people really go from pre-"that" to DX11?  :lol:

well, the DX9 cards usually burnt out... the pre DX9 wasnt hot enough to burn out that fast.

That, or a lot of poeple have had their rigs die due to misc reasons, then went into the attic to dig out "da old rig"

I think @don_svetlio is talking about the strangle hold Nvidia has on the market currently

Meanwhile I'm still derpin about with an R9 290...

Most PC gamers have low end systems. Very few go out and buy $200+ GPUs. It's a niche market.

It's getting to be less and less a niche market though. 300$ GPUs are becoming more and more common in gaming rigs.

It's because people also install steam on their laptops for chat, aswell as any other device they have that supports it. Thus not only the "gaming" systems show up.

Also

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/526208-lets-take-a-vote-fanboyism-allowed/page-?mode=show

Interesting contrast. This forum is very AMD-lopsided, contrary to reality. Echochamber hooooooo

Touche.

exactly what i mean.

get a real fucking PC. dont buy 300 buck intel i3 shit for iGPU gaming.

also, AMD is totally missing out on low powered OEM FM2+ systems. I mean, come on, the A10 7850k wrecks whatever Intel HD4xxx can do in terms of FPS (this has been proven time and time again). and with IGPUs, you are so bottlenecked by the iGPU, that it doesnt matter if you're sporting a 860k. Cuz the iGPU is THAT big of a FPS bottleneck relative to the CPU (which can handle a R9 380).

I mean, OEMs can make cheap systems (cuz they can buy parts cheaper)... 350 bucks for a 7850k system. That is a steal for a student... and it CAN play games.... but it's still shit.

Some can't afford 750$+ pcs just for gaming.

You said you chose performance over anything else. I said Nvidia's drivers offer lower CPU overhead and more fps in CPU-bound situations. After which you argue you'd choose AMD drivers over nvidia's drivers.

That's an oxymoron. You contradict yourself, hence it's not a sensible decision.

Never once seen AMD drivers in Task mgr top 10 CPU/RAM usage, the same cannot be said for my experience with Nidia drivers. Always would see that POS popping up with a lot of usage.

Pretty much self-explanatory, the 970 is the real winner for bang-for-buck 1080p gaming.  It's also cheap enough for a lot of people to consider SLI for it, and 970 SLI is no slouch.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Never once seen AMD drivers in Task mgr top 10 CPU/RAM usage, the same cannot be said for my experience with Nidia drivers. Always would see that POS popping up with a lot of usage.

That's true. AMD has 1 or 2 processes that I've noticed whereas my laptop has 5-6 and 2 are in the top disk usage usually

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I'm going to disagree. The only Nvidia task that has ever gone over 1% for me was Shadowplay. 

I always have my task manager on my 2nd monitor, so I would notice this.

Even with my GTX 760s (In SLI) I never had high CPU usage. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I'm going to disagree. The only Nvidia task that has ever gone over 1% for me was Shadowplay. 

I always have my task manager on my 2nd monitor, so I would notice this.

Even with my GTX 760s (In SLI) I never had high CPU usage. 

760s in SLI.

tell me, hows the power drain at idle desktop??

like, how hard is the cards running just sitting there.

Nvidia has their fair share of driver BS as well.

I don't doubt that, I'm just happy that I don't have to hassle with drivers anymore.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

That's just the user interface, not the driver...

Watch out everyone! He used a big word!

In the proper context, fully aware of it's meaning and impact. Which is not what can be said for your lack of multiquoting ability.

What? Intel HD 4000 is second place? :blink:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

?? It's expected considering how many people play on their laptops.

Only because in many cases it remains active even with a dgpu. strangely enough, there aren't that many low end laptops that don't include some terrible dgpu just for marketing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

THAT'S A WHOLE LOT OF SHEEP

Dude... you look...

salty

yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Only because in many cases it remains active even with a dgpu. strangely enough, there aren't that many low end laptops that don't include some terrible dgpu just for marketing.

I never thought of that but from my experience it never happened to me. How do you define low end laptops ? if they have a dGPU they should at least be like somewhere mid range.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ