Anyone else like watching Let's Plays?

Techicolors

i started watching someone play elder scrolls oblivion... managed to get up to part 40, even though i have the goty edition in my steam account. and the guy's playing it on a console.. 

i do watch a lot of LPs too, just not skyrim :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I watch console exclusives, like Uncharted.

Also watched last Batman since there is no way I'm buying that shit.

My favorite LPer doesn't make videos anymore though. Rip SSoHPKC.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I watch more for the commentary/player than the actual game.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I pretty much only watch Jesse Cox nowadays in terms of lets plays. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I like a few lets players, but dont watch all walkthroughs. What I follow now are Pokémon Platinum by Chuggaaconroy and sometimes Bloodborne by GameGrumps.

But I thoroughly enjoy Lets plays :) I usually watch them while doing something else

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I used to love watching Lets Plays but sadly the people I watched started to ruin it by cutting out all the parts that aren't important to the story etc. I love to see the entire thing not just the story :P

Student Life Build Yo: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5-3350p, ASRock H61M-VG4, Sapphire Nitro R9 380x

12GB DDR3-1333, Corsair CX600, SanDisk 120GB SSD, Asus Xonar DGX, Corsair 200R, Headphones: Takstar HI 2050.

~First PC Build!~

My favorite LPer doesn't make videos anymore though. Rip SSoHPKC.

damn i miss Samus.. his commentary was wild. though i think someone uploaded a video updating about his illness. 

I don't own consoles so I like to watch games that are exclusives like Beyond 2 Souls and The Last Of Us.But really not that much other then those. And it also depends on the person recording, they would have to make it interesting and funny.

Intel i7-4790 | Gigabyte z97x G7 | MSI 980TI | G.Skill Ripjaw Sniper 32GB 2400Mhz | Segate 2TB SSHD/Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I used to watch Let's Play-ers a while back, but you realise it's not quite the replacement for buying expensive video games you'd hope it was. I can sometimes enjoy watching it live, because you actually can see their live response to things within the game, not just the version where that part they screamed too loud was edited out.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I don't, same reason I don't like watching sports. I'd rather go out and play them.

The only time I watch someone else play a game is to know more about the game before I buy it.

damn i miss Samus.. his commentary was wild. though i think someone uploaded a video updating about his illness. 

He did.  :lol:  :lol:

I like that he doesn't run around searching for every secret. Plays about like I would. Loved his Uncharted runs.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

for some kind of an odd reason I absolutely love EthosLab, he mostly plays Minecraft, which sucks in my opinion, but his voice and humor is kinda my weakness for him.

to game or not to game, that`s the question

no, that's one of the stupidest things for me

unless you just want to see how the game is 

then you type: bla bla PC Gameplay

I used to watch a lot, was subscribed to many gaming channels. Now there's only one channel I watch

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I used to watch a lot, was subscribed to many gaming channels. Now there's only one channel I watch

Etho? :)

I have watched my bretheren on Medieval II:Total War conquer the world! Deus vult!

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

I watch no "let's players". I play the game myself if I want to play it. I do however watch Twitch streams, but only really osu!.

Etho? :)

I knew you'll ask :D No, it isn't Etho, even though two years ago I said to myself I'll never stop watching EthosLab. One day I just unsubscribed and never seen a video since. I'm currently watching PsiSyndicate, mainly because I love his personality and general attitude to stuff.

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

You Sir, deserve a medal.

I can't even start to watch a Lets Play when it has already been done.  I have to watch them as they happen.  I find it much easier to do that since you can't see what the next title is and it is always a big shock to others when they see something big happen in a particular series/lets play.  I watch them and enjoy watching them, I tried watching the Jaffa Factory by the Yogscast since that is a HUGE series and it was a really hard challenge.  I bailed out after like 10 or so episodes with around about 140 left to go so.  I ain't trying that again.  

I quite often watch LPs and twitch in general. Last week was AGDQ and I watched almost nothing else all week.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I knew you'll ask :D No, it isn't Etho, even though two years ago I said to myself I'll never stop watching EthosLab. One day I just unsubscribed and never seen a video since. I'm currently watching PsiSyndicate, mainly because I love his personality and general attitude to stuff.

ahhhh that`s a pitty mate, he still makes great videos

ahhhh that`s a pitty mate, he still makes great videos

I've no doubt about that. It's just Minecraft that made me stop watching.