Should weed be legal? [Discussion]

Overkilled
Go to solution Solved by Albatross,

What makes someone else think they can dictate another person's life and habits? I really want the answer to this, and no one against legalizing weed can answer  it (at least logically). If someone can smoke, drink, abort, own guns or whatnot, why can't someone have a little weed? Smoking, drinking and driving harms more people than weed, and yet they remain perfectly legal...

I will fucking cut anyone who tries to take away my caffeine. I need that shit to live.

Btw, do you mean in the form of soda still? Or have you switched to coffee or something.

Spoken like a true addict of psychoactive stimulants.

As if that's a bad thing.  :ph34r:  B)

yes it should, the effects that medical marijuana can have on sick people is extraordinary. And also just it should be legal to public, hell weed is way better (i've never done it) than durrys and alcohol, so yeah it should be!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

It does need to be controlled at least a little, but honestly I think that in a way similar to alcohol would be sufficient.  We just don't want kids using it since it's been proven that it can do a lot of harm to a developing brain.  After that (~ 20s and up) I say let people do what they want.  It's probably not so bad, especially compared to other things we can already do, and making it illegal just opens more opportunity for criminals rather than really helping anyone.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

As if that's a bad thing.  :ph34r:  B)

No but that's the thing.

That's what Caffeine is, no one bats an eye, it is in fact a psychoactive stimulant, it serves a recreational purpose, and it's absolutely amazing.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

No but that's the thing.

That's what Caffeine is, no one bats an eye, it is in fact a psychoactive stimulant, it serves a recreational purpose, and it's absolutely amazing.

Yep. Not really damaging though. :P

Unless you overdose, which would be extremely hard to do with typical products.

It does need to be controlled at least a little, but honestly I think that in a way similar to alcohol would be sufficient.  We just don't want kids using it since it's been proven that it can do a lot of harm to a developing brain.  After that (~ 20s and up) I say let people do what they want.  It's probably not so bad, especially compared to other things we can already do, and making it illegal just opens more opportunity for criminals rather than really helping anyone.

I really have to agree with this, afterwords there does need to be regulation.

Personally, i would feel much more comfortable raising the age limit to even access to cigarettes and such to age 20.

At least in my country.

Yep. Not really damaging though. :P

Unless you overdose, which would be extremely hard to do with typical products.

Caffeine is actually a cardiotoxic drug hahaha

But so long as you take the proper precautions then yeah, you should be alright.

Like OP point of view, i think it is less harmfull than cigarrets and alcohol, so... why not?

Caffeine is actually a cardiotoxic drug hahaha

But so long as you take the proper precautions then yeah, you should be alright.

Toxic to the cardiac system? Would be very small amounts of toxicity I bet.

Toxic to the cardiac system? Would be very small amounts of toxicity I bet.

It really depends.

Most people who drink maybe 3-4 cups of coffee a day (with no other caffeine products) will be totally fine and not hit the UL of caffeine.

But any more and you really should (your body/your choice) take a notice to how many milligrams of caffeine are in each cup of coffee you are drinking because at that point you will start to experience the cardiotoxic effects.

A few grams may not seem like a lot but that can be lethal.

But like i said, it's your responsibility and if you're ingesting no more than say 4 regular cups of coffee then you'll be totally fine with recreationally using that psychoactive stimulant.

It really depends.

Most people who drink maybe 3-4 cups of coffee a day (with no other caffeine products) will be totally fine and not hit the UL of caffeine.

But any more and you really should (your body/your choice) take a notice to how many milligrams of caffeine are in each cup of coffee you are drinking because at that point you will start to experience the cardiotoxic effects.

A few grams may not seem like a lot but that can be lethal.

Luckily people drink it in milligrams :D

Luckily people drink it in milligrams :D

Unluckily, caffeine is not well-regulated hahahaha

As somebody who doesn't smoke anymore and has no interest in smoking ever again, I vote yes because I lived in Colorado for close to 3 years and the benefits from legalizing marijuana were very evident. The income generated for the state was insane and last year they generated so much money they had a vote to either give the citizens of Colorado the excess income or put it back into the state.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/2015-marijuana-tax-vote-results-colorado-considers-proposition-bb

EDIT: The only thing that made no sense is the amount of 24x7 restaurants did not increase when they legalized it. Super depressing. :(

-KuJoe

Unluckily, caffeine is not well-regulated hahahaha

Well nothing stops people from overdosing from it, but you know, in regular products it's no big deal.

EDIT: The only thing that made no sense is the amount of 24x7 restaurants did not increase when they legalized it. Super depressing. :(

That's an untapped market.

Buy a chain of several Taco Bells and retire early.

Well nothing stops people from overdosing from it, but you know, in regular products it's no big deal.

Caffeine amazes me because it has all the same qualities that would otherwise be labeled as "bad" or that would make it a "bad drug", yet it's probably one of the few psychoactive drugs that has become culturally accepted on a planetary scale.

Btw, do you mean in the form of soda still? Or have you switched to coffee or something.

Soda. Coffee still tastes like ass to me. Maybe when my tastebuds recover from 10+ years of smoking (am switching to vaping. Down from 2 packs a day to maybe 3-5 a day. Trying to cut out those last 3-5 is a real bitch)

Spoken like a true addict of psychoactive stimulants.

On the real though, even drugs like caffeine can serve a purpose with moderation.

The point is to stop thinking of anything as "good drugs" and "bad drugs" when that's not how it works.

Ironically enough, Heroin, while being as physically addictive as Nicotine, seems to be fairly safe and is one of the least physically harmful drugs granted your source is clean, take the proper dosage, and you don't share needles. (I was surprised to when i learned this)

We have to be careful what we deem "too harmful" and "less harmful".

Alcohol and Nicotine have taken the most lives out of any other drugs.

Magic mushrooms still do have the ability to be addictive.

Perhaps. I enjoy the Marijuana because it REALLY helps with my insomnia. I've had everything else that doctors prescribe, none of them work. (blood pressure medication, anti-depressants, melatonin, etc).

It's not that I'm not physically tired. It's that I need something that FORCES my mind to slow down. Normally I lay down and my thoughts just run wild. Probably something to do with my ADD

The blood pressure meds made me feel like I was having a heart attack

The anti-depressants did fuck all

Melatonin did fuck all.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Soda. Coffee still tastes like ass to me. Maybe when my tastebuds recover from 10+ years of smoking (am switching to vaping. Down from 2 packs a day to maybe 3-5 a day. Trying to cut out those last 3-5 is a real bitch)

Perhaps. I enjoy the Marijuana because it REALLY helps with my insomnia. I've had everything else that doctors prescribe, none of them work. (blood pressure medication, anti-depressants, melatonin, etc).

It's not that I'm not physically tired. It's that I need something that FORCES my mind to slow down. Normally I lay down and my thoughts just run wild. Probably something to do with my ADD

The blood pressure meds made me feel like I was having a heart attack

The anti-depressants did fuck all

Melatonin did fuck all.

Nothing to do with your tastebuds, those recover in days btw :P it's just you have to learn to like coffee, just keep drinking it.

People should be free to put whatever they want into their own bodies, so yes.

Not if it could cause them to harm others, or otherwise be a detriment to society.

Well we Americans seen how well Prohibition worked. People will smoke it regardless. Lets make it legal, and tax it. Michigan could use new roads. Great way to pay for them if you ask me. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

It's already legal where I live :P

But I dont really care. I would rather see tobacco go illegal, but that wont happen because of the lobbying by big cigarette companies 

It's illegal to have cigarette Ads so that's one thing!

Honestly, smokers gonna smoke. People who smoke were gonna smoke anyways. Regardless of ads.

If its prescribed yes

otherwise no

it has more negatives than positives just like alcohol and cigarettes.

Making it legal would mean easier access. Easier access = more people using.

Exactly in theory.

Reality Check -> If it's illegal more people do it. If not then generally less do it.

why stop at weed? let's legalize medical cocain and sell meth in toy stores

Oh dear god no!

I feel very strong about weed being illegal. It's just another stupid thing for people to get hooked on. And even though it's not really that bad, I just think it's unnecessary to have it be legal, when it can potentially cause some serious long term effects that are arguably just as bad as cigarettes'. 

People are going to abuse weed. It will cause massive issues with businesses since employers don't want anything to do with people that do smoke weed, and people will most likely start exploring more things to push the potential law's boundaries once again. Proving that it could potentially cause yet another problem.

I have a hard enough time with Sugar! And that's legal! Sugar and substances which are addictive should be banned under 10 grams (only can consume 10g or less per day)!

There's enough drug abuse already

In my opinion, drugs, alcohol and smoking should all be banned at the same time.

This!

yes because it is used medically to help with pain

yeah well that should be the exception. But some people use it for purposes which are not considered medicinal.

yes. doesent differentiate from alcohol or tobacco that much, its drug in the same level as those. im just waiting... until its legal here. i understand that "hard" drugs(idk what to call them, like cocaine and stuff), those are bad in whole different level and should be illegal, but weed? cmon.

Jesus. A drugs a drug. If one's bad then ban the whole lot of them.

People should be free to put whatever they want into their own bodies, so yes.

By that logic, we should be allowed to ingest horse tranquilizer and snort Lacquer (gives people a sensation similar to cocaine or weed).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Don't care if it is or isn't. 

I've done it in the past, nothing special, will probably do it in the future too. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Jesus. A drugs a drug. If one's bad then ban the whole lot of them.

you think it makes any sense to ban alcohol and tobacco? that is just bullshit. weed, alcohol and tobacco go as one, cocaine for example is a "bad" drug, it should be illegal, but weed isnt. people should be allowed to use those drugs if they want, we are all going to die anyways, 100% deathrate for every person ever lived. someone says ban all drugs and scares you with bs information? fuck all that. if someone wants to drink alcohol, smoke tobacco/weed, then they smoke/drink as much as they want. what am i gonna tell them, that they are bad for them? they already know that its bad for them, if they want to use them, they should be allowed to do so because it doesent really harm anyone else. i despise your views about this thing. it makes me physically feel bad. you want to control people in that way, it makes me sick. "big brother is watching" type of mentality, "you arent allowed to do this thing because we say so" that is so wrong. and btw im not a weed smoker, nor do i smoke tobacco or drink alcohol.

By that logic, we should be allowed to ingest horse tranquilizer and snort Lacquer (gives people a sensation similar to cocaine or weed).

Yes? if someone wants to do a drug be it weed, cocaine, heroin or fucking krokodil that's their choice. It doesn't harm me so why should I have a say in the matter? 

I'm not saying that the choice people make shouldn't be an informed one, but if people chose to put something in their body that is their choice.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Don't care if it is or isn't. 

I've done it in the past, nothing special, will probably do it in the future too. 

I'm guessing That's why the there's a rainbow in your profile picture? 

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),