Mini S Frame

OzModz
For those of you who don't know I am a huge In Win fan, I love the design and quality hence why for my main setup i have a In Win S frame absolutely decked out in a ROG theme.

I have some spare parts and thought wouldn't it be cool if there was a Mini ITX S Frame and that's my inspiration for this build stemming from the love of the case!

After a lot of calculations I worked out my percentage size reduction from the main case being 35%. I wanted to get it slightly smaller but I was limited vertically because of the GPU.

The next step was to make my stencil, this part was relatively simple all I had to do was print off the Flat S Frame at the reduced scale. After a few attempts I got the measurements spot on with my scale. I then put all the pieces onto cardboard and after a bit of taping and cutting my stencil was made!

nJ5zyBz.jpg

I decided to use perspex for this build and proceeded to trace using my stencil and then cut using a jigsaw.

9DbDcwz.jpg

XbbMPSt.jpg

Next step will be to tidy up the jigsaw work and check all measurements and angles and then the hardest part being the bending!

To see my other builds and videos check out www.ozmodz.com and dont forget to come check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Oz-Modz-784354365026358/

Until next time Happy Modding!

bruh this is so cool

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Today I spent 2 hours on bending of the perspex sheet! It was exhausting but well worth it. I have taken a time lapse of the whole hand bending process which ill have up on YouTube in the next few days. 

Next Ill be tidying up the last few edges and angles 

pn9C9mM.jpg

To see my other builds and videos check out www.ozmodz.com and dont forget to come check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Oz-Modz-784354365026358/

Until next time Happy Modding!

I really wanted to show the processes I went through with the bending, I'm not using any fancy tools other then a heat gun and clamps and the trusty 2 x 4!

Next ill be painting the whole case Satin Black and also making the radiator tray.

Will you be painting the trim an accent colour like red?

Ill be doing red decals and the radiator mount and the IO will be red

Yesterday I made the radiator mount out of perspex with a aluminium backing for support. I also started the vinyl work.

CcmQWVp.jpg?1

g4QmUgI.jpg?1

pG8v20h.jpg

l7ZwWpt.jpg?1

G7RPrsP.jpg?1

Over the next few days ill be finishing the IO and making a mounting bracket for the PSU as well as the pump.

Wow that's awesome dude! How thick is the perspex? I wouldn't have thought it would be all that strong but it looks incredible.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Much curvier than the actual case. If you were to do the folding again would you do it any differently?

Yeah the GPU mount which has the In Win logo is rounder then I wanted it to be but due to the fact that i had to reduce the size meant that the corners couldn't be square as it still had to come out as far as the GPU which inst scaled done etc.

If i were to fold again I would get an extra hand to help along with an extra heat gun. If you watch the time lapse you will see that i had to do 2 bends simultaneously. In saying that for a solo effort within my scale constrictions and only using basic tools i'm happy with how it has turned out.

Wow that's awesome dude! How thick is the perspex? I wouldn't have thought it would be all that strong but it looks incredible.

The perspex is 3mm it is actually a lot sturdier then it looks my initial plan was going to contain support brackets along the back to limit movement and flexing but i haven't had to.

This looks awesome so far. What components are you going to be running?

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

The next step was to make my stencil, this part was relatively simple all I had to do was print off the Flat S Frame at the reduced scale. 

Could we possibly get some more info on where you got a Flat S Frame stencil? :D

In-Win do know how to make a good case. and the case mod does look good, I must say.

No fucking way, realistically would I be able to make something like this @OzModz

Could we possibly get some more info on where you got a Flat S Frame stencil? :D

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj2l_7W9K_KAhXoHKYKHUtvA-wQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgwuHn7x2fhc&psig=AFQjCNFaB299Lazi0gjZ451ZeM41KeUDlg&ust=1453087970074031

That gives you the flat image then all i did was work out the percentage reduction based on part sizes and then printed it out across multiple pages (this took a few attempts) checked a few measurements to make sure that it was the correct size and then i cut it out and taped it to cardboard

This looks awesome so far. What components are you going to be running?

Ill be running a Asus z170i, Asus Strix GTX 970, Intel Core i5 6600K, Corsair AX 760 Platinum Power Supply, G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 2 x 8GB

No fucking way, realistically would I be able to make something like this @OzModz

Its really hard to say, i have made some psu covers before with perspex but this is my first bit of complex bending, if i were to try it again i dont know if it'd come out as well. So to give you a direct yes or no its very hard. I think if you had someone helping then yeah its achieveable.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj2l_7W9K_KAhXoHKYKHUtvA-wQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgwuHn7x2fhc&psig=AFQjCNFaB299Lazi0gjZ451ZeM41KeUDlg&ust=1453087970074031

That gives you the flat image then all i did was work out the percentage reduction based on part sizes and then printed it out across multiple pages (this took a few attempts) checked a few measurements to make sure that it was the correct size and then i cut it out and taped it to cardboard

So did you screenshot the video or something? That takes dedication pal  ^_^