Virus,Mouse?HELP[URGENT]

cakez

I was browsing the internet then all of a sudden my cursor froze.the mouse is perfectly fine but I can't move the cursor,if I try to move the cursor it jumps back.I already tried going into safe mode and running an Anti-Virus(I used AVG Free)but there wasn't anything,still the cursor still won't move.Can anyone help?

Disconnect and reconnect your mouse. Restart your PC.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Try running Ubuntu. That will prove where the issue lies. 

If it works, it's a virus.

If it doesn't, then it's the mouse.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Just to be clear, you are not saying that the cursor won't move.  You are saying it moved but then almost immediately jumps back to where it was?  Definitely software (possible virus) issue then... has to be.

This would be easy to do with a virus or any program.  Probably run SetCursorPos() in a loop.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Tried another mouse?

Disconnect and reconnect your mouse. Restart your PC.

tried that

Just to be clear, you are not saying that the cursor won't move.  You are saying it moved but then almost immediately jumps back to where it was?  Definitely software (possible virus) issue then... has to be.

This would be easy to do with a virus or any program.  Probably run SetCursorPos() in a loop.

yep youre correct it moves but it immediately jumps back.What should I do?

Try running Ubuntu. That will prove where the issue lies. 

If it works, it's a virus.

If it doesn't, then it's the mouse.

any simpler way?

if that is what is going on, whoever wrote that is a total amateur since there are much better ways to trap the mouse.  That could be why it's not showing up as a "virus" - it's not even bad enough to trigger detection.  My guess is either some simple program is running that you could delete if you find it, or perhaps something is messing with the browser.  What browser do you use? (please don't say IE)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

any simpler way?

Do you have control at any time?

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

any simpler way?

You said you booted into safemode.  Did you have control of your mouse then?  If so, I wouldn't be surprised if there is just some exe in your startup folder that is running when you login.  Delete it and see :)

it-crowd-2.jpg

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

it-crowd-2.jpg

he said he tried safe mode so I'm gonna go ahead and say yeah I think he's tried that

if that is what is going on, whoever wrote that is a total amateur since there are much better ways to trap the mouse.  That could be why it's not showing up as a "virus" - it's not even bad enough to trigger detection.  My guess is either some simple program is running that you could delete if you find it, or perhaps something is messing with the browser.  What browser do you use? (please don't say IE)

chrome

You said you booted into safemode.  Did you have control of your mouse then?  If so, I wouldn't be surprised if there is just some exe in your startup folder that is running when you login.  Delete it and see :)

no I didnt when I booted into safe mode I still couldnt move the cursor

how

nvm since u don't know how? So try circling your mouse around really fast and if it only moves a little on the screen, then its time for a new mouse

how

Here is a tutorial to create a bootable Ubuntu USB stick also if you have GUI based bios you can test your mouse in that

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

I think the virus corrupted the mouse driver. Try uninstall the driver under Mice and other pointing devices

This link might help:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8765417/uninstall-a-windows-driver-when-the-hardware-is-not-connected

It could also be that you may have another pointing device like a drawing pad connected to the system reporting the mouse to the same location again and again.

can u try it in another PC?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

can u try it in another PC?

yep it works on another pc