Windows 10 Store dramatic growth, Windows 10 installed on over 200 million devices

GoodBytes

Microsoft reveals today that Windows 10 has been installed on over 200 million devices (this includes laptops, desktop, tablets, Windows 10 Phones and XBox One), after being released 5 month ago.

Part of the 200 million devices running Windows 10, includes approximately 22 million from enterprise and education sector. Microsoft is claiming that more than 76% of its enterprise customers are testing the operating system.

More interestingly are the app store.

Microsoft reports some 3 billion visits of the App Stores in total since Windows 10 was released.

And says that the number of paid transactions from PC and tablet customers this holiday season has doubled.

This past December, 60% of paying customer were new to the Store.

And that Windows 10 generated an increase of 4.5 in revenue per device compared to Windows 8.

Source: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/01/windows-10-now-on-more-than-200-million-devices-and-people-are-using-the-store/

The Store popularity is reinforced with the fact that there is a growing developer interest in Universal Apps (which is good news for Windows 10 Mobile users), including newly released Netflix app, Reddit, Twitter, NPR, Wall Street Journal, Pandora, Shazam, The Weather Channel, Daily Mail, Expedia, and announcement from Bank of America, and Deezer to be working on their own Universal Apps for the OS, and more.

Have you used or checked out the store?

Did you take advantage of some of the specials there were from the store this holiday?

And I ain't one of those devices and don't plan to be. I'm fine with 8.1 and Classic Shell.

8.1 isn't broke so I'm not fixing it.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Is there a problem?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

200 million devices, 3 billion visits. So 15 per device? That's not much. How long does it take you to visit the app store on your phone or tablet 15 times?

Nope, never gave a damn about touch screen programs on a desktop. I don't want a single program that could fit in 5 square cm to take up my whole 28" uhd screen, thank you very much (yes, I know they can be used in a window, but they are still designed as if a blind man with a blindfold were to use them).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Is there a problem?

That there is nothing wrong with Win10, and you might as well get used to the OS now instead of later. Idk.

200 million devices, 3 billion visits. So 15 per device? That's not much. How long does it take you to visit the app store on your phone or tablet 15 times?

Or 150 visits on 20 million of those devices. That's a much more significant number.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That there is nothing wrong with Win10, and you might as well get used to the OS now instead of later. Idk.

I happen to like 8.1, and the upgrade bricked both of my dad's machines requiring a clean install of 7. So, no thanks.

I happen to like 8.1, and the upgrade bricked both of my dad's machines requiring a clean install of 7. So, no thanks.

Did he do the retarded method of forcing it before it actually showed up at the bottom right? Sounds like he did.

Did he do the retarded method of forcing it before it actually showed up at the bottom right? Sounds like he did.

Nope, everything was done exactly as it should have been. Boot times increased from 30 secs to upwards of 5 mins and no apps would open.

Nope, never gave a damn about touch screen programs on a desktop. I don't want a single program that could fit in 5 square cm to take up my whole 28" uhd screen, thank you very much (yes, I know they can be used in a window, but they are still designed as if a blind man with a blindfold were to use them).

That is not true. While I can't say every apps act correctly, because I haven't tried them all, but many of them adapts. If you open the News app in Windows 10, you can see it operates fine with mouse and keyboard, and things aren't huge, providing a good balance. Same for the Maps app, if you have look. Has full mouse control, including middle click, and buttons are properly sized.

Nope, everything was done exactly as it should have been. Boot times increased from 30 secs to upwards of 5 mins and no apps would open.

Did you uninstall the anti-virus and any other security software as Microsoft recommends, before starting the upgrade process?

That is not true. While I can't say every apps act correctly, because I haven't tried them all, but many of them adapts. If you open the News app in Windows 10, you can see it operates fine with mouse and keyboard, and things aren't huge, providing a good balance. Same for the Maps app, if you have look. Has full mouse control, including middle click, and buttons are properly sized.

I guess I'm just used to a particularly small dpi setting ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Did you uninstall the anti-virus and any other security software as Microsoft recommends, before starting the upgrade process?

Yup. Did everything by the book.

I really hope the enterprise sector supposedly testing it have issues with it, or they sell a version with optional updates (I would pay for that feature) as no one like updates that screw with user settings.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Windows 10 is actually easier to use without a touchscreen than it is with one :P

Yup. Did everything by the book.

Most problems stem from user error... The thought that a simple OS update could brick TWO computers, updated by the same person, while running perfectly fine on well over 100 million devices kinda says something when you look at it...

thats a LOT. i havent visited the store once, and i doubt my grandma did.

It's a LOT by Windows store standards. But the point is it's not a LOT by other app store standards.

Most problems stem from user error... The thought that a simple OS update could brick TWO computers, updated by the same person, while running perfectly fine on well over 100 million devices kinda says something when you look at it...

Let's put it this way: the update ruined to computers, and a clean install of 7 fixed all issues. I'm not saying that my dad didn't do something, hell, I was standing behind him during the update, but I like 8.1 and see zero reasons to upgrade. There's too much that could go wrong and no benefits for me.

It's a LOT by Windows store standards. But the point is it's not a LOT by other app store standards.

Doesn't matter. It is growing, and not stagnant like Windows 8 store was, and that is bringing app developer interest, and that is an excellent start for Microsoft, and Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows 10 users (as now, desktop/laptop users will be able to access apps that are normally on their phone only).

the best part is the insane adoption rate compared to Windows 8 & 7

Compared to Windows 7: 140% faster adoption rate

Compared to Windows 8: 400%

Source: http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-now-more-200-million-devices

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

i visited it twice, ones to get the xbox app and once to get the xbox controller app...and thats it I doubt I wil be returning to it.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Doesn't matter. It is growing, and not stagnant like Windows 8 store was, and that is bringing app developer interest, and that is an excellent start for Microsoft, and Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows 10 users (as now, desktop/laptop users will be able to access apps that are normally on their phone only).

Just putting it in perspective. If it can keep growing it could get very important for Microsoft.

Personally I don't really think I'm that excited about getting access to apps designed for phone/tablet on PC, but oh well. The UI dumbing down is going to happen anyway.