Apple set to overtake LTT in 2.3 weeks

there is one guy on that team that has access to a lot of computers. He puts out twice the ppd of our entire team.

Sounds like @Whaler_99 needs to step it up... :D

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

There is one lesson that I've learned, I was in 2 folding teams before LTT, a big team should have a huge quantity of folders, doesn't matter the PPD, it's not about the PPD per people, it's about the quantity of members, this creates the nice ambient that we have here. Try to apply this in the team that was overtaking us, one member does the hard work, that member had tu shut down his army of pc's, and their PPD went to the floor...where is the team work, forum activity in that team? 

I think that we are on the right track, more members checking in, our PPD is climbing, the forum activity is very good, the people posting have the best intention to help the new ones, an also to have conversations with the other members. 

As I always say, good job guys.  :)

Intel i7 3770K 4.2 Ghz / Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Sabertooth Z77 - 2x4 GB Patriot Viper 2133 Mhz
60 GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe - 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - 500 GB WD Caviar Blue
EVGA GTX 780 SLI -Corsair HX 1000W - Lian Li T60

Sounds like @Whaler_99 needs to step it up... :D

I'm pretty sure if he was allowed to he would

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Dammit Jim! Where is my 780?? Stupid UPS... delayed until the 5th... <arrgg>

Reference cooler or are you going to water cool it?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Reference cooler or are you going to water cool it?

He water cools it.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

hehe i wish i could do that but i dont pay for the bills  :(

There is one lesson that I've learned, I was in 2 folding teams before LTT, a big team should have a huge quantity of folders, doesn't matter the PPD, it's not about the PPD per people, it's about the quantity of members, this creates the nice ambient that we have here. Try to apply this in the team that was overtaking us, one member does the hard work, that member had tu shut down his army of pc's, and their PPD went to the floor...where is the team work, forum activity in that team?

I think that we are on the right track, more members checking in, our PPD is climbing, the forum activity is very good, the people posting have the best intention to help the new ones, an also to have conversations with the other members.

As I always say, good job guys. :)

I think the community is the biggest reason why I joined this team over team reddit. When you go to /r/folding which is the official subreddit of the team, the latest post is often a couple of days old.

And I agree that the number of folders matters more than the total ppd, I doubt people like that apple guy can run all their rigs 24/7 all year long. Imagine the power consumption *.*

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

Well I'm just about to start planning a new rig, so I'll have my i7 and probably my old 660ti running 24/7 in about a months time. I'm sure that'll help us. I have a load of old C2D machines sat at work in my office that will be folding as well soon. I know they're not much but it will help. 

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

Those MAC buggers are more then welcome to Fold. They just need to know their place. :D

Or their new mac pros will die from heat

Do you guys think I should start folding while I'm sleeping and at school?? Considering my desktops on regardless... 

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Do you guys think I should start folding while I'm sleeping and at school?? Considering my desktops on regardless... 

Yes, if the electricity isn't a problem for you

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

most definitely  :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

must fix the fan in my 3rd pc get that one back on the folding , but to lazy to swap it out  atm lol

I'd start folding again I just cant handle the heat it produces in my room :S

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'd start folding again I just cant handle the heat it produces in my room :S

Wait for winter, crack a window. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Wait for winter, crack a window. :)

only way I can is with my ac on the entire time, and my parents would probably rage at the electric bill :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

only way I can is with my ac on the entire time, and my parents would probably rage at the electric bill :/

Doesn't it get pretty chilly where you are in the winter? Couple more months and should be good to go. :D

Doesn't it get pretty chilly where you are in the winter? Couple more months and should be good to go. :D

Yeah but my room is tiny and we just re-modelled and put 130413244 things of insulation in, idk if the outside draft will compete :(

then again, the upstairs is 100+ degrees and its right above my room, so I think maybe all the hot air stuck up there comes down into my room, it may not just be my pc

Well, hot air doesn't fall. :)

Just run some card board tubing and make an exhaust vent for all the hot air. :)

Well, hot air doesn't fall. :)

True..... Although heat "can and will" radiate in all directions though multiple object than just air. ;)

So if the attic (or next floor above) and the air up there is hot and it heats up the floor (which would be the ceiling in the room below), then that ceiling can transfer (or radiate) that heat downward.

Thus, it would cause the air in his room to be warmer.

Only reason I know this because I'm currently in a house with a finished attic that has a similar problem (carpeted floors, normal windows and a single electrical outlet. Although no AC/Heat duct work up there.).

If I dont keep those windows open during the day time in the attic (when the sun is shining full blast on the roof), That room can and will hit the 100F+ mark even if the temp out side is only 85F (about average summer temp for the region of West Virginia I'm in).

That 100F+ then cause the 2nd floor below the attic room to be at least 10F or more degrees warmer than the first floor (first floor is were the thermostat is at and it is set anywhere between 78F to 80F).

While the windows are open in the attic, it's no more than 5F degrees different between 1st and 2nd floors. Although is can be as low as 2F difference between 1st and 2nd floors when I use a box fan sitting in one of the windows to keep the air circulated in the attic space. It's just to prevent the temp in the attic space going above outside temp. 

Radiant heat......  Always can throw a curve ball in the thinking process of how heat should act.  :P

• 3 weeks later...

their not gonna pass us now. I joined up with my 8350 and 7970 @980124.... if i just run full bore all day long, I get about 100k ppd.

and we shall see how well an i5-2450m will work as well...

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC

Just letting you know but I don't believe that's the real apple because in all seriousness they could just load a folding client on any one of their servers and blow everybody out of the water.

I always fold when im out of the house or sleeping just set your folding client to idle and let it do its magic while your away.

I always fold when im out of the house or sleeping just set your folding client to idle and let it do its magic while your away.

umm... folding is completely off on idle, at least for me. light is 4 cores, medium, 7, and full is 7 and the gpu

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC