Apple set to overtake LTT in 2.3 weeks

umm... folding is completely off on idle, at least for me. light is 4 cores, medium, 7, and full is 7 and the gpu

Idle shuts it off until your PC goes idle. it will come on when its time.

Idle shuts it off until your PC goes idle. it will come on when its time.

ahh.... that's... interesting... but anyways, I don't bother. I leave it on full most of the time, and only turn it down when I game (be careful, if i fire up a game without turning it down from full, I ALWAYS get a BSOD).

F@H client gives the CORE process lowest priority on the CPU... it effectively takes up all the system idle time...

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC

ahh.... that's... interesting... but anyways, I don't bother. I leave it on full most of the time, and only turn it down when I game (be careful, if i fire up a game without turning it down from full, I ALWAYS get a BSOD).

F@H client gives the CORE process lowest priority on the CPU... it effectively takes up all the system idle time...

You shouldn't get a BSOD maybe your drivers are a little messed up or something.

Just letting you know but I don't believe that's the real apple because in all seriousness they could just load a folding client on any one of their servers and blow everybody out of the water.

You know Apple (and other companies) actually have their servers to use them and not just let them idle the whole time ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

You shouldn't get a BSOD maybe your drivers are a little messed up or something.

beta catlyst. I never get bsods any other time. it's usually a video_tdr, so, whatever. it's stable otherwise.

You know Apple (and other companies) actually have their servers to use them and not just let them idle the whole time ;)

and they don't have awesome compute power servers, they have webhost servers...

so have they overtaken us already?? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I can see it being something they would do.. or a ton of modified iphones all working away.

or a bot net of all apple devices on the world, folding for them when they are in Idle? that would be ridiculous

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

or a bot net of all apple devices on the world, folding for them when they are in Idle? that would be ridiculous

That got me thinking about the recent botnet that was out there - think it was distributed by Skype via hijacked clients, if you clicked the link a "friend" sent you, looked innocent enough, but installed a backend bitmining client for some group.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

so have they overtaken us already?? 

No. Our team is #83, they are #100

GW2: Vettexl.9726

What the LTT stuff I need to know to fold?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Compared to some of you guys i fold to get some heat in my room! It would be freezing otherwise! it is already below 0 here in sweden during the nights! And the electricy is included in my monthly rental fee so I can fold all I want without getting a larger electricity bill :)

That got me thinking about the recent botnet that was out there - think it was distributed by Skype via hijacked clients, if you clicked the link a "friend" sent you, looked innocent enough, but installed a backend bitmining client for some group.

Man, I hate people that do such a things for personal gains.....  Hijacking computers that isn't there's......  

Sadly though, even F@H is not immune to this kind of abuse.

In fact, It has already happen in the past. (before I joined but it was still new enough to learn about it early on.)

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6221&p=61364&hilit=team+149135#p61364

At least F@H tracked the guy down and deleted the team.