Apple set to overtake LTT in 2.3 weeks

RRAAAWWWRRR!

My Ubuntu systems picking up some decent projects.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

wow, I could just sit here and watch those points for hours..

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

I just got a 7850 to add but my one pc will be a few days though waiting on a new psu for it. but my other folding pc keeps bsod on me when i fold nothing is overclocked just put a new heatsink on the cpu its not heat issue not surei need to diagnosis it when i have a free day.

May be a PSU issue...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

wow, I could just sit here and watch those points for hours..

Lol! I do have HFM running on it's own monitor. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Well I tried folding...

I'm going to start folding soon though :)

Ya, I think that system needs a wee bit of work. :)

from what I can tell. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=639391

Look like he's powering down his systems (or reducing how long they run).  there some major drop off in his points from the previous days and there no other explanation that I can think of that would cause it.

Network issues would of saw an immediate 0 points  for the day (or an even bigger drop off if all the system he is running isn't on the same ISP).

I'm doubting the there a WU shortage that affects Mac systems. 

So it looks like he powering down for the time being.

Lol! I do have HFM running on it's own monitor. :)

Out if sheer curiosity, how much hardware do you actually have? Including what's in your current folding rigs?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Out if sheer curiosity, how much hardware do you actually have? Including what's in your current folding rigs?

Not telling :)

Not telling :)

Come on, I already know 4 of your rigs... I think

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Hard[OC] or something like that

You call yourself a tech person? Kids these days. It's HardOCP, youngin. Pay your respects.

You call yourself a tech person? Kids these days. It's HardOCP, youngin. Pay your respects.

Never liked them much. Their forum hurts my eyes

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Come on, I already know 4 of your rigs... I think

So.. four of... :)

So.. four of... :)

Oh well. I'll just live in fear

I am good at computer

Spoiler

I'm leaving my pc on all night, who cares if its 5 bucks for power. its called taking one for the team 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Overclockers uk really doesn't want my money or give me another card to fold with....

1. I can't pay with paypal cause of some weird problem. (paypal works on other sites).

2. Visa is not working on there site.... (visa works on other sites).

3. Had to transfer money to mastercard, but it will take some time T_T and now I'm going to miss this weeks deals :angry:. Not yet sure if even mastercard is going to work. (mastercard usually works for me when everything else fails).

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Overclockers uk really doesn't want my money or give me another card to fold with....

1. I can't pay with paypal cause of some weird problem. (paypal works on other sites).

2. Visa is not working on there site.... (visa works on other sites).

3. Had to transfer money to mastercard, but it will take some time T_T and now I'm going to miss this weeks deals :angry:. Not yet sure if even mastercard is going to work. (mastercard usually works for me when everything else fails).

Ya, somethign definately wrong witt their site - obviously a merchant processing issue.

I know Aria PC http://www.aria.co.uk/ usually have various deals running as well...

I'm still deploying like 4 pentium d rigs as of 8:30pm tonight to fold overnight

send the mac using basstards back to hell... 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I'm still deploying like 4 pentium d rigs as of 8:30pm tonight to fold overnight

send the mac using basstards back to hell... 

Those MAC buggers are more then welcome to Fold. They just need to know their place. :D

Those MAC buggers are more then welcome to Fold. They just need to know their place. :D

Their place is 223518! :D

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Their place is 223518! :D

lol

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Well, you guys in the next few hours will pass a once great team named "Hunt-dis".

The reason why I call it a "great" is because the primary user that started it and the sheer dedication he has for the F@H project.

It was a user called atlas-folder and after learning that his farther had Hunts disease, he created that team.

To show his support for the fold to find a cure of this disease for others so they wont face the same problems, he used a LOT of gpu's.

His farm consisted of:

23 nVidia GTX295s

32 nVidia 9800GX2

and 1 PS3.

The power draw at that time was a wopping 13KW.  Yes, thirteen kiliowatts continuous  

If memory serves right, Just for comparison, Whaler system is close to 2KW.

This system earned over 500K PPD with this setup. He was also the number 1 folder of the world for a few years. (Even the number 1# team in the world took notice and congratz him on his achievement. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1534630

The PPD doesn't sound like much today as a single 4P server can make almost as much, but back in 2009 before the gpu WU bonus, that was amazing. (Most high end system back then consisted of EVGA SR-2's and were making 100k on a combo of cpu's and gpu's)

To get a sense of how massive this project was, here is one of his video from 2009 showing his phase 2 of this farm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI9QzIwAXFg

Now, Atlasfolder is still around. Although he's apart of the [H]ard team now and isn't running that farm anymore as GPU's were becoming unstable but we was planning to switch to 4P servers. Although he hasn't went after them yet.....

Well anyways, salute.gif to Hunt-dis as you pass by.

Well, you guys in the next few hours will pass a once great team named "Hunt-dis".

The reason why I call it a "great" is because the primary user that started it and the sheer dedication he has for the F@H project.

It was a user called atlas-folder and after learning that his farther had Hunts disease, he created that team.

To show his support for the fold to find a cure of this disease for others so they wont face the same problems, he used a LOT of gpu's.

His farm consisted of:

23 nVidia GTX295s

32 nVidia 9800GX2

and 1 PS3.

The power draw at that time was a wopping 13KW.  Yes, thirteen kiliowatts continuous  

If memory serves right, Just for comparison, Whaler system is close to 2KW.

This system earned over 500K PPD with this setup. He was also the number 1 folder of the world for a few years. (Even the number 1# team in the world took notice and congratz him on his achievement. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1534630

The PPD doesn't sound like much today as a single 4P server can make almost as much, but back in 2009 before the gpu WU bonus, that was amazing. (Most high end system back then consisted of EVGA SR-2's and were making 100k on a combo of cpu's and gpu's)

To get a sense of how massive this project was, here is one of his video from 2009 showing his phase 2 of this farm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI9QzIwAXFg

Now, Atlasfolder is still around. Although he's apart of the [H]ard team now and isn't running that farm anymore as GPU's were becoming unstable but we was planning to switch to 4P servers. Although he hasn't went after them yet.....

Yep! One of the greats! Hats off to him!

salute.gif

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!